Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (32962 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mannatech: 7:50am On Dec 16, 2017
Jabioro:
Did you appear in court when the case was mentioned? If yes you have instituted a legal ground.You and court need to reserv him d second time and d third time..and may runs for 9 months duratn..
For which country?
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Biggers82(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Happyfellow147:
Please I'm in Enugu and looking for an apartment. Can your lawyer help me?
Yes nah he can
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by iamrammy(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly
as a tenant, i have come to realize that those tenants who are fighting every other tenants are always broke and bitter. truth is your tenant does not have money to either renew or park out, you can either be merciful and pray for him/her or go bribe police. inbetween some landlords heartless pass devil so lets hear your tenant's side of the story.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by iamrammy(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly
as a tenant, i have come to realize that those tenants who are fighting every other tenants are always broke and bitter. truth is your tenant does not have money to either renew or park out, you can either be merciful and pray for him/her or go bribe police. inbetween some landlords heartless pass devil so lets hear your tenant's side of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9KbdRXbYWQ for the vaseline crew.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Jabioro: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2017
mannatech:
For which country?
For 9ja
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by quinnboy: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck
you must have an indept knowledge of legal proceedings.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by ndidibabe(f): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2017
mfm04622:

When is he expected to renew his rent if not a day after his rent expires? A month grace period? You can even see the landlord didn't disturb him. Hmm. Tenants are wicked ooooo
Very wicked. As if he didn't use money to build the house.

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Iamzik: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2017
I bet the tenant is igbo.

They can pay 3years rent in advance at exorbitant amount but just know that that is the first and last payment you will ever receive from them. They will live Atleast one or two years extra without paying.

Na their way

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by CJIDEX(m): 7:59am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

I will do that on Monday but do i need a lawyer to do that or i can do that by myself without a lawyer help
You can contact me on 08060672567. Our law office here in Lagos will take up the matter for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by macanu(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2017
My brother I have same problem with my tenant,his rent expire since oct 22 I hv given him 6months quit notice since june,he begged me that he will renew d rent,after I have served him d notice now last month he called me and said he has 50k dat month ending of nov he will balance d remaining out of pity I collected I hv already served ouit notice o,now he is making problems telling me dat he has paid for 3months(50k) and he will not park it d 3months expires. tenants sha,what do I do
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by agarawu23(m): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that

I think we are enjoying here in Nigeria grin live outside Nigerian where they pay monthly, in fact....... two days before the month end, my landlord is already on my door for the next month payment.

My mum has those dickheads tenants too, na street boys I use send them out after 9month without pay. If a tenant is facing financial challenges, that's a different case but if tenant is stubborn, I use agbero boys for them.

8 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Punstar: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2017
I can see some hungry boys saying the landlord is wicked. For Pete's sake, the tenant signed the agreement on volition. If you sign to an agreement to pay within 24hrs of expiration of your rent and you can't meet up, say because of financial hardship, there are saner ways to plead with the landlord.

The landlord has tried enough.....This is Dec and rent expired in August....and its not like the idiot is willing to pay oo. Living freely on another man's source of income

My experiences with such inconsiderate tenants angers me when i hear of cases like this.....Imagine, the landlord is losing money too. I dont know why pple dont consider that. Hungry pple are always quick to support defaulters and debtors, whereas, there are pple who have money and are willing to pay, looking for such accommodation. I have encountered evil tenants who want to live in a posh house while they can afford to pack to low cost houses. Such tenants wont agree to cut their coat according to their clothe, by moving to less expensive accommodations.

My advice to the Op is to either get a competent lawyer to hasten the ever slow legal system we have in Nigeria, or visit the court more to rush things up himself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2017
your tenant is a trouble maker from what you said here but have yoh tried the gentleman approach to him....ask him what is the problem and why he has refuse to pay....then change your agreement thing where you demand tenants to renew and pay rents a day after the previous paid one expires....
you should take a second court order and forcely evict him...to me its your right and you can evict him from your house if he refuse to pay after given him somegrace period....well act right and be a good landlord....na. bad actions from landlords dey attract bad attitudes from tenants....

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mannatech: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2017
macanu:
My brother I have same problem with my tenant,his rent expire since oct 22 I hv given him 6months quit notice since june,he begged me that he will renew d rent,after I have served him d notice now last month he called me and said he has 50k dat month ending of nov he will balance d remaining out of pity I collected I hv already served ouit notice o,now he is making problems telling me dat he has paid for 3months(50k) and he will not park it d 3months expires. tenants sha,what do I do
Serve him a fresh notice to quit but for a 3months tenancy. And this time, don't allow him use wayo on u. Be wise and learn from ur mistakes
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2017
CJIDEX:

You can contact me on 08060672567. Our law office here in Lagos will take up the matter for you

The house is in GRA Port Harrcourt Rivers state not Lagos state
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by aao: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2017
Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that[/quote]

Lemme give u an hindsight.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2017
InvertedHammer:

You have not shown any sign that you are a troublemaker.

That's why he is feeding off of your meekness.

/

Am just respecting the law of the land if not he would have see that he is not the only one who is Mad
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by aao: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that

Lemme give u an hindsight.
Some 6 years ago, i know of a tenant who rented an apartment. He initially paid 2 yrs and agreement and commission based on 2 years too but becos he didn't have a choice and the property was okay for a bachelor planning to marry soonest he accepted. Did i say caution deposit of 50k was paid too.

That said, at the moment the initially 2 yrs expired, the faithful tenant paid before the rent expired (every august, grace period of 7 days as per agreement), next rent period he landlord hinted him of an increase in rent by 50k, and he paid again. The following year, he paid once again before the rent expired (usually end of July). On 1st August, that 4th year, the landlord sent the caretaker to inform him that his rent was due and he would be increasing the rent again by another 50k, the tenant informed the caretaker to ask the landlord to check his account as he had already paid days before this information reached him, more-so his rent was not yet due.

Please note that the usual mode of payment was transfer and mode of communication with landlord was email as the landlord was based abroad, so the tenant mailed the landlord to express his dissatisfaction of the increment every year yet there was no upgrade to the facility, moreso he had never owed him for a day, not even 1 minute after rent had expired. Recall he had a 7 days grace but he never paid in the grace period, the tenant always paid before the grace period and he begged the landlord to push the increase to next year.

4 months before the new rent was to expire, the landlord mailed him again to say, he will be increasing the rent by 150k, at this point the tenant said he cannot pay 150k, afterall they agreed to 50k increment and that was what he had planned for knowing 9 months earlier. The landlord said take it or leave it, it was his property and he would not negotiate., the landlord also asked the tenant to reply his email asap or he will deem it that he is not interested in renewing his august rent (This was in April), so after a week a solicitor served the tenant quit notice by sept ending) (6 months from April- to expire because he didn't reply this landlord when he had an existing rent (4 months and a few days, excluding grace period).

The tenant, carefully explored his options and decided to fast track his building project and moved in before the proposed quit date, though a month after his rent expired but within the quit notice period. He still cleaned the apartment and called the caretaker to come inspect the house so as to also hand over the keys, he never for once requested for his caution fees even after improving the conditions of the inside of the house.

The summary of the story is to answer the question that was asked that it was wicked to demand payment after rent expires and that who does that, some tenants can be horrible and some landlords can be horrible to faithful and diligent tenants. The poster is not the first to demand for such as per agreement but the good thing is that he hasn't enforced it and is seeking justice after good 4 months. landlord irrespective of what anybody says you are a good man. let them sweat, build there own house and give tenant grace period of infinity years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

After the seven days warning, you will go to court if he refuses to pack. Once you win the verdict, you can get police to evict him forcefully

Rivers state is 14 days not 7 days i need to serve him 7 days notice 2 times making it 14 days

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Antina(f): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
kboycrew:
Pls this is not meant to insult anybody, is this tenant in Lagos? and is he an Igbos man?
Just asking

cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by kaziblake(f): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Since august that man is wicked..I will advice you to go to a local government office in your area and ask for human right office and report him there they will surely invite him and talk sense into his head and ask you what you want so you will be the one to tell him but if he still prove stubborn contact OPC give them money leave the rest for them.
one of our tenant proved stubborn cos my mum is a woman but in the end he left our house with shame,pleading sef cos they said he must pay the debt he was owing.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by danvon(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2017
That's Ambode working,working to destroy the ownership of private properties
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2017
mfm04622:

To request for bailiffs, you can do that yourself.

Ok thanks i will do that by on Monday because I need to serve him another 7 days notice of intention to recovery the possession
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 2shure: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2017
every minute
a new scam on nairaland.
God punish u all
rafa9:
You will not help just look and pass

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

That's simple.

Get afew police men - for "security " and get some young area boys to go and evict him.

That's the hardest way.

Other more easier ways are ...
- get an electrician to cut off his electricity supply
- get a plumber to cut off his water supply
- cut off any other service you provideo.
- or bring workers to start working on an important part of his house - like his roof, his door etc grin
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Belafonte(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

My friend, shut up. Chronic debtor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by miraclea: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=PointZerom post=63266629] If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.

No sir if he is a yearly payment tenant he only need 7 days if he's living for unstipulated time that is when you giv him 6 month that's what the law says and will be paid fully by the tenant as it is now get a good lawyer he will instantly get an injunction move the property to the station for auction and settle your unpaid rent tenant no get those right just don't do it yourself he will regret his actions ode

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by brill224(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2017
just remove de roof (zinc) of the house..... i promise within 2days he will move out

thankmeL8ter
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Abbey4life: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2017
some tenants are just naturally trouble maker. I have one in PHC like that. His rent was due since jan 31st 2017 and up till this moments 16th dec 2017, he has not paid. He kept pleading next week...next week. bro. I tire.
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by macanu(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2017
mannatech:

Serve him a fresh notice to quit but for a 3months tenancy. And this time, don't allow him use wayo on u. Be wise and learn from ur mistakes
I want to refund d 50k and use d quit notice he signed and forcefully evict him
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2017
aariwa:
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck

Ok Thanks i will do that
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by perpeling22(f): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2017
kaziblake:
Since august that man is wicked..I will advice you to go to a local government office in your area and ask for human right office and report him there they will surely invite him and talk sense into his head and ask you what you want so you will be the one to tell him but if he still prove stubborn contact OPC give them money leave the rest for them.
one of our tenant proved stubborn cos my mum is a woman but in the end he left our house with shame,pleading sef cos they said he must pay the debt he was owing.

What if that man did not have money for renewal nko. it's better you don't judge from one side. Am saying this cos am a witness. My family rent expired on January but we are yet to pay.
we have been served court other but where are we to pack to? with which money. we only gave the Land lady 50k and still pleading her for more patience. we paid for 3yrs with no issue just that things turned around for the family.
So don't just blame the man until you hear from him.
meanwhile, willing to help my family, contact 07087879879.Or WhatsApp 08145582944 or still call same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / How Do I Share The Rooms? / He Completed His House Without Uttering A Single Word To Me As A Close Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.