Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible (478 Views)

God Isn't For The Nation Of Israel Alone But For All Mankind / God Isn't The Reason I Made It This Far / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by Finstar: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2017
According to the Bible, God is Love. - 1 John 1:9

According to the same Bible, Love is not Jealous 1 Cor. 13:4-7

According to the same Bible, God is a jealous God Exodus 13:14

If love is not jealous, that means the love of God isn't Love cause it's filled with jealousy..

Bible scholars, help me understand. sad
Re: The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2017
Even if someone explains from now till tomorrow, if you have a tiny mind, you won't still understand
Re: The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by HeyCorleone(m): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2017
Some people would reply you with "carnal minds can't understand the things of the spirit" I wonder who taught them such arcane quote.

Anyways, I think the Jealousy here is not the way we understand or take it to mean. God created you. So why should He feel happy when you go about venerating other gods? That doesn't mean He doesn't love you, but He'd rather have you have him alone.

Modified;
Look at the poster above me. What is a tiny mind? If you have nothing to explain or add kindly get off the post. Why do some of these Christians feel like they know it all or they're in possession of a higher understanding?!

1 Like

Re: The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by Finstar: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Even if someone explains from now till tomorrow, if you have a tiny mind, you won't still understand

Well, i don't consider myself as such.. I'm open minded.. So, help out with an explanation.. smiley
Re: The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by Finstar: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2017
No one wants to clear this confusion.. Seun, abeg move to FP.. smiley
Re: The Love Of God Isn't Love If It's Jealous According To The Bible by Honesty007(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
God is a jealous one when u give things he created to idols and the devil.Think about it,can u gv birth to a child and ur wife goes and gv ur baby to a slave or your servant ?
Devil and idols are suppose to be our servants and not master.when u worship the creature more than the CREATOR ,GOD MUST BE JEALOUS.GOD NEVER GAVE A FREEWILL TO ANGELS BUT TO MAN MADE IN HIS IMAGE.SO WHEN MAN CHOOSE TO WORSHIP SATAN THAN GOD WITH THEIR FREEWILL.GOD BECOMES ANGRY.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Sort Of Christians. / Grace Testimony : Home & Workplace Protected From Flood During Hurricane Harvey / If You Are Under Any Kind Of Attack Spiritual Or Physical-you Must Watch This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.