Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,102 members, 7,913,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:48 PM

High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (64406 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2017
Holamscoh:

Na Ajegunle he be wan mention, You know say he just wake up from bed so his brain never boot finish
Ahaha some people shaaaa can U imagine
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2017
So101:
It’s just in a lot of our bloods to criticize it’s Better to appreciate the one you’ve seen and pray for upgrades na wa for some people sha never seeing anything good about a situation tells alot about your mindset my people positivity is key to growth

People like u are the main reason why those Heartless Polithiefcians will always be comfortably happy because they will be like no matter what we do to them, They will surely appreciate. I hope u get to see what's going on in other developed african countries not to mention abroad. Awon Ode.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2017
dabossman:

The problem with many of them is that once the train doesn't have a pointy nose it is old craps that's no longer in use. Ignorance is a disease.

Another nuisance spotted, Poverty Is truly an Incurable Disease.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Blessograo(f): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=Holamscoh post=63329725][/quote]it is true na the Nigerian government has really turned us to illiterate and dummies. Imagine a Nigerian travelling out of the country and telling others that is a fast train. We don't even have XDM to deposit money instead of going to the counter, just like ATM. And they are calling fast train. Assholes!

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

You can imagine the difference undecided

Most nigerian people no go everly get sense lai lai, The best thing is to leave the gullible ones with their poverty mindset

2 Likes

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
What's the difference between this and what is used in the UK today?

You need to convince me that You are not one partially blinded fellow having vision problem or difficulty in viewing images on screens. How would u compare this train to the one in question

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 16, 2017
THIS scrappy looking things? They look like those charcoal powered trains China is trying to offload. Trust Nigeria to show up and import junk.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by So101: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Holamscoh:

People like u are the main reason why those Heartless Polithiecians will always be comfortably happy because they will be like no matter what we do to them, They will surely appreciate. I hope u get to see what's going on in other developed african countries not to mention abroad. Awon Ode.
your father Awon ode take your stupidity elsewhere please if you never chop too go chop but don’t be a hungry cow � that insults people on the internet just because you no see food I have an opinion and I shared it You can’t change that with your bitter soul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
What's the difference between this and what is used in the UK today?

Just Imagine what someone Is comparing to the train being reviewed, Some people though, I'm not surprised though because we have too many Illetrate Educated People In Nigeria

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 16, 2017
So101:
your father Awon ode take your stupidity elsewhere please if you never chop too go chop but don’t be a hungry cow � that insults people on the internet just because you no see food I have an opinion and I shared it You can’t change that with your bitter soul

Haha this one has gone haywire ooh

2 Likes

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by lozanni(m): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2017
sleepyeyez:
these rubbish looking things?
worn out carriages that went out of use years back n got shipped down to Africa as usual.
naija the refuse dump. who knows how much d naija middle man got from this shoddy deal.
google high speed trains n see what they really look like.

undecidedThe thing tire me so much. Yet those inept officials use real high speed trains abroad and come home to Nigeria to give us old dilapidated trains. Smh.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2017
MrIjapa:

We need to start from somewhere.

Yes u are right jare, don't mind them, they don't understand nigeria government don't like doing things rush rush. That pangolo high speed train that all of them are shouting, Nigeria will start using It In the next 500 Years

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

Nigeria has provided what it can afford.
If you dont make these so-called TGVs then you are simply a hater.
You don't make anything but would poopoo efforts of others.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 16, 2017
otabaotaba:
This APC is just full of rubbish, this is just repainting of our formal trains

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by tundeport(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2017
What do will do nija,to deserve yeye old train.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Dearlord:
Haba! Na 2nd hand train Nigeria go China go buy?
somebody help me with that South African Coach memming picture

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 16, 2017
raker300:
Op

This is what high speed trains look like

Stop lying to the people
this train is using jet engine, so its much faster compare to normal train. let appreciate and celebrate an improvement. my pain is, it wasn't designed here in Nigeria by our Nigeria automobile engineers.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by AmTruth: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2017
dainformant:
Some sets of high speed trains said to be among the

According to reports, the 10 standard-gauge trains were ordered by Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) in May this year. They have adopted Chinese standards, and will be the fastest trains running in Africa, with a design speed of 160 km/h. Operation speed could be as high as 150 km/h.

This is Heart Breaking News to the wailers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by segneyukk(m): 11:01am On Dec 16, 2017
hmmmm... 50year old train they are bringing to Nigeria
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by dieBYfire: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2017
tsdarkside:

blaimy...something doesnt have to look fancy to be good...who did this to una...?...

What does Track has to do with trains??
Are you for real?

Those tracks are only suitable for Trams( street trains) and very low speed say 30km/r.....

A speed train needs a more heavier dense sophisticated track! Most times a speed train isn't visible in the city .... Has its special tracks and terminals to connect city's at different Train stations

2 Likes

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by AmTruth: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2017
sad
Imarnuel04:
THIS scrappy looking things? They look like those charcoal
powered trains China is trying to offload. Trust Nigeria to show up and import junk.
Is this News heartbreaking to you? I just guess so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2017
MrIjapa:

We need to start from somewhere.
Agreed. But two things.

1. Stop calling these "high speed trains".
2. Show me documentation to prove that what we paid to get these refurbished 1980 things is not more than the cost of TGVs.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by dabossman(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Holamscoh:

Another nuisance spotted, Poverty Is truly an Incurable Disease.

Sorry dude, you got the wrong guy. Maybe poverty runs in your family, but not in mine. Ignorance, nay stupidity is when you say something about someone you don't even know on a faceless forum with so much conviction.

Now run along and go display your stupidity somewhere it will be appreciated. Surely not on my mentions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2017
AmTruth:
sad Is this News heartbreaking to you? I just guess so

Nope I'm not surprised actually
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2017
dabossman:

Sorry dude, you got the wrong guy. Maybe poverty runs in your family, but not in mine. Ignorance, nay stupidity is when you say something about someone you don't even know on a faceless forum with so much conviction.

Now run along and go display your stupidity somewhere it will be appreciated. Surely not on my mentions.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2017
JuanDeDios:

Agreed. But two things.

2. Show me documentation to prove that what we paid to get these refurbished 1980 things is not more than the cost of TGVs.

Cc: rotimi amaechi
And buhari
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by GavelSlam: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2017
dabossman:

He has been looking for likes .

Can't you see he has been posting with memes having no relevance to the subject matter.

Pay him no mind.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by dabossman(m): 11:43am On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

He has been looking for likes .

Can't you see he has been posting with memes having no relevance to the subject matter.

Pay him no mind.

The child just discovered how to post memes and he has gone off the hinges. Attention seeking tw.at.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by dabossman(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
JuanDeDios:

Agreed. But two things.

If we are to focus on semantics, actually, you can call them high speed trains. The term obviously has a broader usage. In truth, it is just a case of constantly upgraded technology. The first Japanese trains to be called bullet trains where built in 1964. I'm sure you can'tcompare them to today's models. In the same vein a mobile phone from 1995 doesn't stop being a mobile phone simply because there a newer, more techy models. Again, talking semantics.

Below is an interesting read too. Personally, I don't think we have the right kind of train tracks for the very high speed trains some people are expecting.

The International Union of Railways (UIC) identifies three categories of high-speed rail:

Category I – New tracks specially constructed for high speeds, allowing a maximum running speed of at least 250 km/h (155 mph).
Category II – Existing tracks specially upgraded for high speeds, allowing a maximum running speed of at least 200 km/h (124 mph).
Category III – Existing tracks specially upgraded for high speeds, allowing a maximum running speed of at least 200 km/h (124 mph), but with some sections having a lower allowable speed (for example due to topographic constraints, or passage through urban areas).
A third definition of high-speed and very high-speed rail (Demiridis & Pyrgidis 2012) requires simultaneous fulfilment of the following two conditions:[4]

Maximum achievable running speed in excess of 200 km/h (124 mph), or 250 km/h (155 mph) for very high-speed,
Average running speed across the corridor in excess of 150 km/h (93 mph), or 200 km/h (124 mph) for very high-speed.
The UIC prefers to use "definitions" (plural) because they consider that there is no single standard definition of high-speed rail, nor even standard usage of the terms ("high speed", or "very high speed"wink. They make use of the European EC Directive 96/48, stating that high speed is a combination of all the elements which constitute the system: infrastructure, rolling stock and operating conditions.[3] The International Union of Railways states that high-speed rail is a set of unique features, not merely a train travelling above a particular speed
. Many conventionally hauled trains are able to reach 200 km/h (124 mph) in commercial service but are not considered to be high-speed trains. These include the French SNCF Intercités and German DB IC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by vRendoh(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
High speed indeed....
I'm the land of the blind....one eyed is worship

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
This might be high speed trains but china does not use these anymore maybe India...they should stop hyping mediocrity..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / SUV Of Missing Mum And Two Kids Pulled From River After 20years In U.S.(Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.