Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:27 PM

How People Get Your Bvn [question] - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How People Get Your Bvn [question] (575 Views)

See How People Are Making Easy Money During This Lockdown. / A Loan Giving Company Asking For Your Bvn? / Can A Person Have Two Bvn Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How People Get Your Bvn [question] by Pussyisfood: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2017
I may be wrong in the my choice of section to post this thread, but please don't play God on me today, mods.

Back to the subject at hand.

I received a call today by someone who claims to be a first bank staff. He was asking me why I gave my bvn number to one Mr. Charlse to try and open an account at whatever branch he works at. He also stated that they have him arrested and what not.

My question is this. What is the possibility of someone obtaining your bvn without your consent. I always thought that I needed my phone number to check the bvn number, or by walking into a branch or using the the online platform, but today's experience has given my views a face lift.

Can this be used to interfere with banking?

Update: I called the number 09036463421 to confirm what branch he works at and ended the call before I could make any progress. Could this just be some scammers trying to play on my intelligence?

Don't fall for scammers
https://www.nairaland.com/2542760/how-money-syphoned-account-using

https://www.ogbongeblog.com/2017/02/ways-fraudsters-hack-bank-account.html

1 Like

Re: How People Get Your Bvn [question] by AnodaIT(m): 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Nobody can do anything with your BVN, it is purely for record purposes not to initiate any transaction

For the one that called you, dat one na scammer.
If you stay with him, he will start to request for your bank details

1 Like

Re: How People Get Your Bvn [question] by Pussyisfood: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
AnodaIT:
Nobody can do anything with your BVN, it is purely for record purposes not to initiate any transaction

For the one that called you, dat one na scammer.
If you stay with him, he will start to request for your bank details

Thanks Boss

(1) (Reply)

Hp laptop For QUICK Sale / case closed / Google To Ban Cryptocurrency Ads This June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.