Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music (10862 Views)

Chris Brown "HOME" | Shots Of Naija In Video / The Best Of Naija Mix (5mb In Size, 50 Mins Long) Download And Enjoy! / CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Fixed!!! cool

Haha olodo Rabata. U tiff my post finish now the post doesn't make any sense. Nonsense boy. Don't go and do your homework o. U obviously  "don't" need it. Ala Kori  grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Genuflect(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
eldee:

I'm saying the whole concept of 'good music' is extremely subjective. . . and to tie it to events in a certain time or place is extremely idiotic.
Exactly. The same Terry G that everybody hates so much is one of ma fave Naija artists
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
is he the one that created 'swagga the ginga'??

*shivers*
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by streetwize(m): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2010
If everyone is hatin terry g who are the people now givin him views on youtube and stuff
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Genuflect(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

*shivers*

Correction, it's Ginjah Your Swagger. Oya start to dey yab me. Lol
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

*shivers*

I have a few non nigerian friends that love that song to crase. That ginga your swagga song. Not sure if it's Terry g tho. But yeah. . Some people love that song. Why don't u tell us how intelligent they are based on all this data u have. While u're at it tell us their favorite colors and their lucky numbers    grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Genuflect(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
streetwize:

If everyone is hatin terry g who are the people now givin him views on youtube and stuff
You dey mind the hypocrites? The same people wey dey shout say Terry G dey wack, na the same people wey go wan somersault when DJ play Free Madness Pt. 2
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by chic2pimp(m): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

Haha olodo Rabata. U tiff my post finish now the post doesn't make any sense. Nonsense boy. Don't go and do your homework o. U obviously "don't" need it. Ala Kori grin
Haha see dis Ashewo ten kobo. shiorrr grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by streetwize(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
Genuflect:

You dey mind the hypocrites? The same people wey dey shout say Terry G dey wack, na the same people wey go wan somersault when DJ play Free Madness Pt. 2
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

I have a few non nigerian friends that love that song to crase. That ginga your swagga song. Not sure if it's Terry g tho. But yeah. . Some people love that song. Why don't u tell us how intelligent they are based on all this data u have. While u're at it tell us their favorite colors and their lucky numbers grin grin

look at u

in fact all the people inno that listen to naija music are non nigerians!
what can i say- they dont no most of the songz make absolutely no sense!
look at my jamo frend askin me the meanin of awoo??
thier tryna potray africa and make us seem ignorant while thier doin it!
i didnt say anything about intelligence here?? did i??
lolz is thats how ur feelin then what can i say!
dnt take it serious- its comin from someone that listens to beethoven abhors tupac and pays to see fat women break glass!
i mean i would love to debate as to whether music is really dead! cos it seems like its me against the world on it!
open a new thread and ill meet u there!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

its a shallow world bluspice

and unfortunately the intelligent have to live in it!
grin grin lots of intelligent people like naija music. Lots of Intelligent people love souljah boy. Lots of intelligent people hate Beethoven. I insist, your theory is severely flawed. grin

I just don't think music can be narrowed down to good and bad. I just pick what I like and leave the rest. undecided
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by slimghost(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2010
eldee:

I'm saying the whole concept of 'good music' is extremely subjective. . . and to tie it to events in a certain time or place is extremely idiotic.

In as much as i accept that the concept of good music is subjective,you would be deceiving yourself if you label  all these garbage musicians are churning out in the name of music in Nigeria "good music". Please nobody is hating on Terry G, we all love his personality but that doesn't change the fact that most of his songs/lyrics make Bleep all sense. wait a min, have u heard k solo's album? WTF! na by force to sing? Gawd!!!!!!!!!! The only thing we hear in naija music nowadays na "swagga ur ginger and ginger ur swagga", "owo this owo that", i don kolo oo" and some other bloody incantations. C'mon man, this isn't ur idea of "good music". Gimme some Lara George any day any time.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

grin grin lots of intelligent people like naija music. Lots of Intelligent people love souljah boy. Lots of intelligent people hate Beethoven. I insist, your theory is severely flawed. grin

I just don't think music can be narrowed down to good and bad. I just pick what I like and leave the rest. undecided

You're still here . . . didn't you here that the new reliable IQ test is your I-tunes library??
Smart guy like me, I've deleted all the Drakes and Kanyes, I've filled my I-tunes with songs like 'War', 'We Are The World', 'Save The Country' . . . emi ke, I must become an intellectual by fire or by force grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hehehe I have Mozart on replay. I go collect my phd today today. grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2010
im not generalising naija music- the best music (according to me) is nigerian, its yoruba!

there was a tyme u can listen to music, and want to do anything but dance, sniff coke, get ass implants, get a brazilian- a time when musicians werew martys cos they stood for something- thier music represented something they believed in, thier lyrics could be pressed and published as poetry- u listen and u think- deep!

if that still stands today- were all shallow mofos swimming in mediocracy! has to be said, then again intelligence levels are droppin and my dear friend mentioned ps goin on rise in recession. So music probably isnt the only thing thats dying!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
lolz im not sayin people that listen to to classical are smart!!! i meant its coming from someone with a generally *ehem* booring taste in music!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2010
There is a lot of music out there that isn't about getting a Brazilian (I think all chiks should get those tho.  grin so big ups to "bad" music for that), sniffing coke, etc. If the types of artistes you enjoy  make top quality songs, we will see them on the charts. Maybe the artists that make the type of music u enjoy are just "whack"  grin . I'll rather Listen to a well made song about brazilians and coke than some lame attempt at being "deep".
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by chamotex(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Everyone listens to music for different reasons.
If I wanna listen to an inspiring music . . . I know where to go
If I wanna listen to music that will make me sad . . . I know where to go
If I wanna listen to party tracks . . . I know where to get it.
If you are high . . . .listen to Terry G
If you wanna praise God . . . .listen to Don Moen.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

There is a lot of music out there that isn't about getting a Brazilian (I think all chicks should get those tho. grin so big ups to "bad" music for that), sniffing coke, etc. If the types of artistes you enjoy make top quality songs, we will see them on the charts. Maybe the artists that make the type of music u enjoy are just "whack" grin . I'll rather Listen to a well made song about brazilians and coke than some lame attempt at being "deep".

i need to study

uve proven my point

if cos a naked woman is bouncin arnd the video the song is 'well made' then why do i bother!

i depart wiv nas's words

Everybody sound the same, commercialize the game
Reminiscin' when it wasn't all business
If it got where it started
So we all gather here for the dearly departed
Hip hopper since a toddler
One homeboy became a man then a mobster
If the guys let me get my last swig of Vodka
R.I.P., we'll donate your lungs to a rasta
Went from turntables to mp3s
From "Beat Street" to commercials on Mickey D's
From gold cables to Jacobs
From plain facials to Botox and face lifts
I'm lookin' over my shoulder
It's about eighty niggaz from my hood that showed up
And they came to show love
Sold out concert and the doors are closed shut
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
This world don spoil, Nas don enter join grin grin

Krayola:

Hehehe I have Mozart on replay. I go collect my phd today today.  grin

Guy that's ojoro na!!!
How will you go from GCE to PHD?? angry angry grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

i need to study

uve proven my point

if cos a unclothed woman is bouncin arnd the video the song is 'well made' then why do i bother!

i depart wiv nas's words

Everybody sound the same, commercialize the game
Reminiscin' when it wasn't all business
If it got where it started
So we all gather here for the dearly departed
Hip hopper since a toddler
One homeboy became a man then a mobster
If the guys let me get my last swig of Vodka
R.I.P., we'll donate your lungs to a rasta
Went from turntables to mp3s
From "Beat Street" to commercials on Mickey D's
From gold cables to Jacobs
From plain facials to Botox and face lifts
I'm lookin' over my shoulder
It's about eighty niggaz from my hood that showed up
And they came to show love
Sold out concert and the doors are closed shut

I think nas is, for the most part, lame. Very talented, but lame. Sue me. grin most of my friends love his music tho.

Damn. . . Maybe I am an unintelligent slowpoke, I mean, how could I not love nas? Not to worry, by the time I finish with this Mozart nas will be my favorite rapper of all time. wink
eldee:

Guy that's ojoro na!!!
How will you go from GCE to PHD?? angry angry grin grin
haha this man u never hear of double promotion? cool grin

btw I like slick Rick a lot. grin I must have gone to the wrong schools cry
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Genuflect(m): 11:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
Okay, una wan kill me for this thread abi. Lmao!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Scooby1(m): 1:19am On Apr 03, 2010
Sky B, love him or hate him this video is mad funny!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sky B u no try at all for this video! grin grin grin

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zJujUi-D4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by FaLeroy: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2010
Ok, while i won't limit the decline in the music industry to naija artists alone, i'd say the birth and death of the music industry was caused by AIT/kennys music. they opened the door for a lot of talent, but didn't sieve the shaft from the wheat.

Even globally, hip hop and R&B are declining so fast, it's in the sewers already. The few that aren't are bad remixes of old songs. I guess the only genre of music that isn't so bad is still rock.
But seriously, we need a few more Onyeka Onwenus and Christy Essiens. While some of our good artists don't get as much airplay like GT the guitar man, we have some who we can beat our chests like Asha, 9ice, rooftop mcs, mode 9 e.t.c. but where's room/hope for creativity when NBC is clamping down on Hunta!!!!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by dblock(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2010
what kind of nonsense is this.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by gee2(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2010
majority of the songz being played now is trash, the only thing they talk bout is intimacy, backside etc, etc.
they nid 2b flushd outta da industry.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Feraz(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
When i tell pple i don't like any of terry g's songs, they luk at me lyk. . . .whats ginger ur swagga n swagga ur ginger? Must he use dat word? angry I prefer listening to oldies n few rap songs with few nigerian music
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by londoner: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
I dont really know why Naija music is being targeted here. Its the case with all music. Songs about sex, drugs and violence have been the order of the day in the mainstream for a few years now. I dont know any country where their most artistic/talented and lyrically intelligent artists form the mainstream or the number ones. If people sre listening to music to dance to they are interested in the beat and a catchy chorus. Thats why Beyonce is more famous than India Arie,

Even Nas who is quoted on this thread has had some downright disgusting songs about sex and violence, and is very explicit about it.

At the end of the day, if you dont like terry g, what stops you from listening to M.I etc ? At the end of the day plenty of people enjoy his tracks, precisely because they are not serious and are just for fun.

I think there are quite a few good artists in Nigeria depending on what you're into. From Asa, to NNeka, to M.I  etc,
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by govnor: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2010
So many Nigerian music are nothing to write home about these days.

What do you expect? Many of the musicians are not really talented.
They only find themselves in the music industry due to hunger and idleness.

They are only looking for save haven to make ends meet and its unfortunate
that music is usually one area they easily seek solace.

They lack the basics. They require education and lots of training. But the quest
to make millions over night has made them impatient to do the right thing.

Even the so called A list musicians also lack in many areas. They are not their yet.
Although i give it to P-square. They are doing us proud.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
What sense did lil wayne make when he was winning all those awards? eh?

All this people self,why hating on terry G! music is extremely subjective  how many real club jams Nigerian and otherwise make sense? Abeg jo let us hear word, very soon you will tell me you expect people living in ajegunle to appreciate classical music. Abeg NEXT!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2010
How much sense does eminem make?
Snoop dogg?
50 cent?
even that silly lady gaga? eh?

Everybody with his own, the ajegunle man wants to dance alanta should he wait for asha to sing about it? Abeg you guys should go and sidon on pawto pawto!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by master2(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
chamotex:

Everyone listens to music for different reasons.

My brother u talk well! There is no point 4 this debate. Ur mood determine d kind of music u want 2 listen 2.
9ja music 4 life, 4 money and 4 fun!
If I wanna listen to an inspiring music . . . I know where to go
If I wanna listen to music that will make me sad . . .  I know where to go
If I wanna listen to party tracks . . . I know where to get it.
If you are high . . . .listen to Terry G
If you wanna praise God . . . .listen to Don Moen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbos Doing Psquare's Alingo (video) / Video: Bracket – Beautiful Baby Ft. Flavour / 'Say Your Love' By P-Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.