Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,726 members, 7,945,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? (794 Views)

Meet Your Guardian Angels & See Them In The Mirror / The Guardian UK: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation Goes International / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Adeling(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
See that you do not despise one of these little ones for I say to you, that their angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in heaven. (18:10) The expression I say to you is emphatic, pointing up the importance of what the Lord is about to say The idea is, “With all My authority I solemnly affirm to you.” He then gives the first compelling reason Christians should never despise other Christians: their relation to their angels in heaven . The writer of Hebrews explains that the holy, elect angels are “all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation” (Heb. 1:14). Their purpose is to serve God by attending to the care of His people. These angels in heaven live in the very presence of God, where they wait attentively for His commands to serve the people of His love. “They continually behold the face of My Father who is in heaven,” Jesus said. The implication is that the holy angels never take their eyes off God, lest they miss some direction from Him regarding a task they are to perform on behalf of a believer. Neither of these texts, however-nor any other Scripture-teaches the idea of an individual guardian angel for every believer, as Jewish tradition in Jesus’ day taught and as many people still believe and teach. When Peter knocked at the door of Mary’s house after he was miraculously released from prison, a servant girl named Rhoda answered. Upon seeing Peter she was so overjoyed she forgot to open the gate. When she reported his presence to the believers gathered inside, it was probably the notion of individual guardian angels that was behind their insistence that she had only seen “Peter’s angel” (Acts 12:12–15). But that superstitious belief is merely reflected in this text; it is neither taught nor substantiated here or anywhere else in Scripture. In Matthew 18:10 Jesus speaks of believers and their angels in a collective sense. These angels, whether a distinct group or the whole body of holy angels, are responsible for the care of God’s little ones , those who believe in His Son (v. 6). It is in part because of these angels who live in the presence of the Father who is in heaven that believers are warned not to despise one another. The fact that Almighty God is so concerned about the care of His beloved children that He has hosts of angels in His presence ready to be dispatched to their aid demonstrates dearly how valuable believers are and how unthinkably wicked it is to look with disdain on someone whom God so highly prizes.
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
My mentor. . . Salvation101 Come and help us here. . . cheesy
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
plavic:
My mentor. . . Salvation101 Come and help us here. . . cheesy
lol.. Well according to scriptures, angels are sent to minister to the heirs of salvation.
But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Hebrews 1:13‭-‬14 KJV

Even Jesus Christ attested to it
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Matthew 18:10‭-‬11 KJV
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
lol.. Well according to scriptures, angels are sent to minister to the heirs of salvation.
But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Hebrews 1:13‭-‬14 KJV

Even Jesus Christ attested to it
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Matthew 18:10‭-‬11 KJV

I have a question. :What kind of ministrations? Or simply put, by ministration what did the bible mean Cos I must know what they do or minister so I can activate them.
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
plavic:

I have a question. :What kind of ministrations? Or simply put, by ministration what did the bible mean Cos I must know what they do or minister so I can activate them.
well, we can see the role dey played in the early church, delivered paul and silas from prison, appeared to Cornelius to deliver a message dat he should send for Peter, delivered a vital message to paul the apostle dat there was goin to be a wreckage of their ship and dat no one must attempt to escape etc.. From this, we see that we come in contact often with them especially wen we are actively involved in kingdom works.... Dey are usually sent to give vital information or assist us in time of trouble. U do not need to activate them, you av greater than an angel living in u(the Holy Spirit) if u are a son of God. Nd u will definitely come in contact with them if you are working for God.. Dey also lead sincere seekers of the truth to Christians who can lead dem to salvation like in d case of Cornelius
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
well, we can see the role dey played in the early church, delivered paul and silas from prison, appeared to Cornelius to deliver a message dat he should send for Peter, delivered a vital message to paul the apostle dat there was goin to be a wreckage of their ship and dat no one must attempt to escape etc.. From this, we see that we come in contact often with them especially wen we are actively involved in kingdom works.... Dey are usually sent to give vital information or assist us in time of trouble. U do not need to activate them, you av greater than an angel living in u(the Holy Spirit) if u are a son of God. Nd u will definitely come in contact with them if you are working for God.. Dey also lead sincere seekers of the truth to Christians who can lead dem to salvation like in d case of Cornelius

Is it right to establish a communication with one's angels? It's true that angels should not be worshipped. Remember, DANIEL and his angels talked. Even John
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2017
plavic:

Is it right to establish a communication with one's angels? It's true that angels should not be worshipped. Remember, DANIEL and his angels talked. Even John
yeah in d cases u mentioned, the anges were sent th these ppl, dey didn't go about seeking to communicate with dem Daniel was praying to God for israel for 21days before Michael was sent to him.
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2017
salvation101:
yeah in d cases u mentioned, the anges were sent th these ppl, dey didn't go about seeking to communicate with dem Daniel was praying to God for israel for 21days before Michael was sent to him.

Ofcourse, and not just them alone. . . Even Gabriel came to pass a message of Jesus' birth to Mary. . . In Keneth Hagin's book, "I believe in visions" he narrated how Jesus visited him, accompanied by an angel. . The angel looked like he had something to say. .but he didn't give him any attention believing it wasn't right to talk to him since Jesus was there. . . Eventually, Jesus showed him from the word that he could talk to the angel. . . Eventually, the message was passed to him before leaving. . . . .
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2017
plavic:

Ofcourse, and not just them alone. . . Even Gabriel came to pass a message of Jesus' birth to Mary. . . In Keneth Hagin's book, "I believe in visions" he narrated how Jesus visited him, accompanied by an angel. . The angel looked like he had something to say. .but he didn't give him any attention believing it wasn't right to talk to him since Jesus was there. . . Eventually, Jesus showed him from the word that he could talk to the angel. . . Eventually, the message was passed to him before leaving. . . . .
yeah if you see an angel you can talk to him ppl in the Bible talked to angels but my point is u shouldn't seek it.. But wen you see any, there is nothing wrong in talking with them.
Kenneth Hagin is my mentor though, i read alot of his books especially on faith. He said something about commanding angels to work for your financial need, i believe all he says but i can only practice it if i find biblical support.

The reason am not comfortable with all these angel stuff is cos there are also false angels or fallen angels dat av appeared to ppl like d founder of Mormonism, like the founder of islam etc. Dats y i said u shouldn't seek any.
Re: Do Believers Have Guardian Angels? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2017
salvation101:
yeah if you see an angel you can talk to him ppl in the Bible talked to angels but my point is u shouldn't seek it.. But wen you see any, there is nothing wrong in talking with them.
Kenneth Hagin is my mentor though, i read alot of his books especially on faith. He said something about commanding angels to work for your financial need, i believe all he says but i can only practice it if i find biblical support.

The reason am not comfortable with all these angel stuff is cos there are also false angels or fallen angels dat av appeared to ppl like d founder of Mormonism, like the founder of islam etc. Dats y i said u shouldn't seek any.
True, fallen angels can appear as angels of light to deceive (even the very elects). . but if what they say are not in accordance with God's word, it's a false spirit. . Apst Paul said 'test all spirits'. . .Please tell me more about commanding angels to work for your finances. . .

(1) (Reply)

i / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) / Smoking God! Video Of An Idol Smoking Cigarette During Voodoo Festival In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.