Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ekaette Song Gets Banned - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ekaette Song Gets Banned (12610 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Download Iyanya Ft Mi Bad Man+sexy Mama Ft Wizkid+ekaette+high Ft Dammy Krane / Maye Hunta - Ekaette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by 0hsisi: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
and nollywood can portray juju and rituals like a babalawo sits on every corner in Igbo villages
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by blacklion(m): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2010
0hsisi:

and nollywood can portray juju and rituals like a babalawo sits on every corner in Igbo villages

Well said. This crude stereotyping is a major reason why many people dislike Nollywood. At least for me. But the fact that most of these movies are made by Igbo producers and directors somehow takes the sting out of it; much the same way that black Americans don't mind jokes by black comics which play upon black behavioural stereotypes but they get very offended when the same joke is cracked by a white person or an African immigrant.

Being Igbo myself, I find it easier to endure such Nollywood nonsense from Gabosky than from a Tunde Kelani. That's just human nature; its easier to bear insult from your own kin. I have friends and relatives from Akwa Ibom/Cross River and know first hand how deeply they resent the constant stereotyping of their people as Nigeria's domestic servants - never mind that they have produced many world class intellectuals and leaders in many fields of endeavour in Nigeria. And its particularly hurtful to them the way their women are constantly portrayed as nymphos when in fact, sexual deviancy is to be found among all tribes in Nigeria.

Its not their fault if their culture takes a more open, practical or realistic attitude to sex than the hypocritical prudery that is common among most Nigerian tribes. Whereas the women of all those tribes do exactly the same thing that the Ekaettes are accused of. Or even worse.

A major personal grouse which I have against these Ekaette/sex 'jokes' is that it trivializes the reality of sexual violence against domestic workers in Nigeria. When most people hear that a househelp from that area is pregnant, 99% of the time, they jump to the conclusion that she somehow seduced the master. Relatively few stop to consider that the girl may actually be the victim of sexual violence.

Its always easier to stereotype other people.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by eldee(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
@blacklion
So only Igbo movie makers should be allowed to do that??
Doesn't that sound stupid to you considering the fact that about 50% of the viewers aren't Igbo??

Black_Revo:

No one is against the usage of calabar girls with the name ekaette as house girls because we even have a movie for that as well already. The name is synonymous with house helps but we should not extend it to a home wrecker or cheap LovePeddler.

So you are saying now that we already accept the wrong notion that Muslims are terrorist and suicide bombers, we are free to use them as such freely in the entertainment and media industry? Hope you know about the danish cartoon riots and miss world riots in Nigeria?

Those names you gave as examples are just one of the numerous names that can be associated with anything in nigeria so they have no effect like the one in contention here.  As for the ijebu and calabar thingy, it boils down to the fact that some stereotypes are good, something we could just laugh about or not harmful while there are some that can be termed as a no go area or just too sensitive to be used loosely.

No one is saying stereotyping is good, these artists are jst portraying what is already existing in our culture. TV shows still portray Arab muslims as terrorists, why?? Because they exist. . . Ekaette jokes still exist because we have real life Oga and Ekaette stories.
It's so Nigerian of you to live in denial.

How hypocritical is it for you to accept the 'Calabar girls are good in bed' stereotype but start mouthing off when that stereotype mixes with the 'some husbands like to sleep with housegirls' truth.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by omomakun: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2010
Pls the song is about reality, whats the big deal? And the video was pretty decent, I don't get their basis for banning this song at all!
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by PapaBrowne(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
Haba!! I just watched the video. I would ban it also.

Haba! The message is just not right. Haba.

Not only does the video promote sexual abuse of househelps, it is downright anti morals.

I'm proud of NBC for banning it.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by bandely(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
funny song!

BTW, I won't blame the guy anyway, Ekaette is hotter than his wife! grin
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by revomind(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
Well, I disagree with the ban. And to say that the NBC cannot ban foreign songs is unreasonable and tantamount to setting a low benchmark for the agency. Whatever your opinion is,y'all need to consider that the song has been out since october and has been a massive hit in the southwest,why did it take them that long anyway? Focusing on the song,the artiste always portrayed himself as the one in trouble,in the video,there wasn't a scene showing the man and the wife hugging with the househelp packing her bags, In the video,he was in a dilemma,serious trouble and advertently or inadvertently he demonstrated the dangers of irresponsible sex and the implications of having sex without proper protection. How can this be dangerous to kids The issue of stereotype is diminished by the form the artwork takes. Ever seen 'my name is khan' ? Would the movie make any sense or connect to contemporary issues if it wasn't portrayed through a muslim youth? No. The song or the video,except to the hyper-imaginative mind,did not portray efik/ibibio as whores or homebreakers in any way. The villain was the man. The NBC guys are just trying to justify their existence,i'm not against this but it shud be done reasonably, What warrants a ban in eedris' 'jagajaga'? Cuz he criticized the govt? What about tuface's 'enter the place'? I still watched this video on a Nigerian channel recently and they claim its banned! According to some people,its impossible to ban foreign songs that go like 'give this trigger a good squeeze' but very positive to ban jamz that portrays a young man in regret for taking on his househelp. Sad.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by jswagg4(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
W.T.F?? Is there any thing such as a banned song in naija? Cuz i just heard ekaette and enter d place played back2back on d radio.men f,,k d nbc and what they think,d song is good abeg.after all according to d song,d guy even regrets it.those b,t,hes dont know their job.im lovin d song.i just sent it to 24 people thru ma phone.they've increased d guys publicity o!in fact,he should release sequels.ONCE AGAIN,F,,K D NBC AND WHAT THEY THINK.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by kashmo: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
For those of you clamoring for the ban, I guess y'all high on something. I swear, movies in naija are the number one culprits, and if the lame NBC can't start from there, then what's the fuss about? Nigerians watch same stereotypical films depicting tribes as these & that, yet, a song passing the same moral message is being flagged for the wrong reasons. I am waiting on them to ban Sauce Kid's "UNDER G"grin Oh i forgot, how about we go back in time and ban "Nigerian Girls" by Modenine for jokingly doing you know what! lipsrsealed
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by cold(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
Implication will be the next track to be banned considering that 2face held a girl's bosom at the onset of  the video 
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Gunnaz007: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
i have never heard of dis song b4 but no thanks to nbc for making d song popular now!!!

eeeee beee like say dat dude bribe nbc just to herald him to d stage; because d tendency is that peeps are gonna demand for dat album to realy investigate the lyric. d dude is a very good graduate of marketting jorrrr cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by mosun22: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
this is ridiculous, i found the song funni, nuthin bad at allll,
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Now I know who Maye Hunta is. The guy is good!!!! Thanks NBC una be good retards that helps artists gain their deserved popularity!!!!!!! The song is good to listen to on a long weekends like I'm enjoying now. Why didn't they ban all those Home movies with same theme? Or worst still why didn't ban Bang bang bang by Femi Kuti?(dem for here weeen if dem do that one.)If this guy know him right, make him sue them for damages and allow his song to be enjoyed by all Nigerians. I just noticed this song was played on BET but I saw the last scene where only the flute like instrument was playing. I thought it was some other video. The video quality is superb too.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by lannre(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2010
Maye Hunta - Ekaette (lyrics)

Posted by , Olamild On Sunday, November 08, 2009

Intro

yawa!
chei

kasala
Na who give my house girl belle o eh
ekaette she don get belle eh a

Chorus:
Na who give my house girl belle?
was the question that my wifey was asking everybody
she don get belle
and I know deep down that we both got down.
Ekaette belle
My wifey must go crazy,
to find out I'm the daddy
she won't hear pele.

Oh lord, help me o >4x
hear me now, true story o eh

Verse 1:

Me and my wifey been dey stay for lekki happily
All of a sudden, she con say we need a house G
she con go bring this girl all the way from calabar called ekaette [ekaette]
see I was asking what's the use of a house girl?
she con convince me say the girl sabi cook well
I testify when I taste her edi ka ikong with ogufe [ogufe].
See if only my wifey been dey come back from work early
then maybe I might not have noticed that ekaette was so sexy
On this fateful day, she was late as usual.
I came back from work to find ekaette in towel
A thing led to another
I start to dey kiss her and she con respond o.
See we did it in the room
then we did it on the floor
It felt so good, she even asked for more.
I don go taste the forbidden fruit now
o ti doyun o ye lele
o ti doyun o

Chorus:
she don get belle
Ekaette belle
My wifey must go crazy,
she won't hear pele.

Oh lord, help me o >4x

hear me now, true story o eh

Verse 2

Before my wife found out about the pregnancy,
me and ekaette ; we were doing it frequently.
Sometimes I even sneak out of our bedroom
just to debe debe [debe debe].
Although I knew that this was risky
that even made it far more freaky.
You know what they say about meat wey you ji je [you ji je].
There's something about the way ekaette
gives it to me that made me feel so good,
I wasn't even feeling guilty.
See on this fateful day, we got down as usual,
e be like say the thing dey sweet pass normal.
I con realize say my rubber don slice
and I'm already done o
so she took prevention pills
make alarm no go blow
baby it's a deal, keep it on the down low.
A few weeks later, she's down with fever
my wife take her to the doctor ye lele o
confirm, she's pregnant

Chorus:
she don get belle
Ekaette belle
My wifey must go crazy,
she won't hear pele.

Oh lord, help me o >4x

3rd Verse

Maye make we yarn
mehn na wetin dey worry you?
Na which kain yawa?
Which kain trouble you decide to put yourself inside?
See na late for night with housegirl
You don dey check your wife
Last time wey i been dey your side
wey you been tell ekaette make she give me small fried rice
Na we been spend the night
Ekaette treat me right
Yeah
me and her don,
say what?
Yeah, we got down!

[Back to Chorus]

Na who give my housegirl belle?
se na you abi na me?
One of us is responsible

[ad libs]

oh lord, help me!

The Musician should also be banned from singing such in the future ,what lesson is this to anyone,especially children who always turn songs to poems
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by nearest(m): 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2010
Alot of folks have talked about some tribes being stereotyped, but lets face it, i grew up with the idea that everybody with the name Akpan or Ekkaete is a househelp, just like people say 'sapele water' is from sapele, which is not correct, some also associate girls from Edo state with Italy. Within delta state, the urhobo's are viewed as polygamous, while the females from kwale are seen as prostitutes, but not all these are true, so the only way to correct some of these is educate people on our various cultures.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by toladop(m): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
There is probably an Ekaette working for the NBC
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
bang bang bang - ekaete and oga just dey go

abegi, nbc is full of sh-it - these are the same old men who will go to this day music festival to watch busta rhymes smoke weed on stage and beyonce shake her bootay
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by tayoast(m): 12:03am On Apr 03, 2010
WHAT!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Genuflect(m): 12:16am On Apr 03, 2010
Who is NBC fooling? Radio go still overplay this song
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2010
grin grin grin grin
this is really amusing!!

so u guys are bitching over the fact that the guy did a song and used the name ekaette for the househelp?
lolz, absolutely amazing!! who in Gods green earth assumes that kinda thing? ok so ijebu people too are very stingy hunh?

to engage in a debate over the dumb crassness of the argument willbe a sad thing so u are free to think wateva u wanna!!!

as for the ban, ok he said he was doing it with a househelp and that is sposed to be soo vulgar? grin grin grin grin
i hope ur kids dont watch tv at all, cos i wonder what a condom advert teaches them too!! am pretty sure a bright kid will wanna know wat a condom is and used for!!! oh sori, i forgot that they already know so dont bother asking daddy about sex.

pls what does 'e get as e dey do me' mean? or baby do me, do me, do me! i like the way u dey do me!?
i wanna know wat the do is? incidentally did they ban 'do me'?
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by georgesylva(m): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2010
angry Im pretty pissd ryt nw. Dis NBC guyz shuld go nd get dmselvs a lyf. Com on wats wrong wit dat sng 4 cryin out LoUD.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by lexzybaba(m): 12:46am On Apr 03, 2010
i think NBC bacause if not for them
nobody will post this trend
and if nobody post this trend i won't hear 'bout dis
nice track,i just downloaded the video from youtube
mhennn the videos graphics is so superb
AND WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT NBC THINKS
COZ AM UPLOADING THIS ON FACEBOOK
AND I WISH U KNOW THE NO OF FRIENDS I'VE GOT ON FACEBOOK
SO IS MAYE HUNTA GETTING MORE POPULAR OR NOT
let them kiss my a$$
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by misterh(m): 12:50am On Apr 03, 2010
Welcome back home Mr. Ekaette. grin
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by donsola(m): 1:57am On Apr 03, 2010
cold:

Implication will be the next track to be banned considering that 2face held a girl's bosom at the onset of  the video 
if dey ban that one, naija do jagajaga be that, who knows maybe the NBC chairman sef get one ekaette for house wey i'm dey DOOOO , probably d song dey eat deeply into his sorry ass retarded brain, ekaette belle no dulling maye hunta na u ohhh hehehehehe
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by 1honeybee: 1:58am On Apr 03, 2010
saying this is too much for children to watch or wotnot is soooo out of line (for those using children as an excuse for the ban). If they were  avoiding children seeing the video, all the have to do is tell tv stations to play it after 9pm or 10pm, a total ban is ridiculous to be candid.
there are different adverts about sex in the name of condom, if these does not kill them there is no way in hell this song will do them any harm. Nigerians can be so ridiculous. People are here giving tribal reason(s) for the ban. . . SMH, news flash people this happens EVERYDAY. Ekaette's story USE to happy (dont even deny it) so why cant someone sing about it in a narrative way? I hope these kids of urs didnt see the movie either.
I bet its ok for these kids to watch and listen to lil wayne's lollipop though
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Emmyk(m): 2:51am On Apr 03, 2010
I love that song wif passion the first time it was played on channel 0 (around november 09), which compelled me to download the audio to ma walkman. The funniest thing is that: IT WAS RELEASED ON MA BIRTHDAY DATE (10/10,2009). I play it DAILY.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 03, 2010
those nbc ogas have been shagging their housemaids is all. the guy song dey open their yansh
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by adrian5(m): 7:03am On Apr 03, 2010
you guys let's think

1st off, the ban comes out of the blue cos nbc should have banned a lot of usher's tracks and a lot of our ghetto souljas smoking blunts. Let us give 'em the benefit of the doubt that this will be a start of better and wide ranged censorship and not a flash in the pan.

2nd we are all adults on this forun, right. Lets think of our younger ones, sisters, brothers, nieces nephews et al from ages 6 to 15. Kids these days are lightyears ahead of us at that age;they catch the lyrics and eventually their meanings real fast. Imagine, like it has happened, your younger one singing 'i'm in love with a stripper' or'i wanna make love in da club' how you y'all feel?!!!!!
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by cchioke: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2010
pls you guys should check out the lyrics first b4 crucifying nbc why on earth wont the song be banned?what we should be emulating is good and not bad,the lyrics of the song is just dirty for youngsters period cool cool cool
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by eros(m): 7:22am On Apr 03, 2010
There is more to this than what we are being told. Someone out there is out to ruin Maye Hunta, but they will never succeed.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by violent(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2010
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

There are sexually motivating posters everywhere.

No movie in Hollywood is complete without a sexual scene.

Most music videos have some girl shaking bootay.

How many of such stuffs do we really intend to ban?

And to think kids of these days do not know what their sexual organs are meant for other than "wee wee" is nothing but ignorance
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Imohbyron(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2010
Thats 9ja 4 u,always lukin 4 somtin 2 do make pple notice them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[Video] Adekunle Gold – "Damn, Delilah" / Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? / Burna Boy - City Boys (Official Music Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.