Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:05 PM

Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat (914 Views)

Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency / 'our Mumu Don Do': Nigerian Soldier Talks About 2019 Election In Trending Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Babatundepet: 6:54am On Dec 19, 2017
Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/igbos-forget-2019-presidential-seat/

Former president of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife, on Sunday advised Igbo politicians planning to contest the presidency in 2019 to bury the thought.

Ikedife’s advice came a few days after the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Ifeatu Obi-Okoye, said APGA was considering the Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano,

as its presidential standard bearer in the 2019 general elections.

Ikedife who spoke with our correspondent in his Nnewi home said the odds favoured the northern part of the country for the 2019 presidency.

He said President Muhammadu Buhari, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and others coming from the north had better chances.

“I won’t advise any Igbo to pick a form for the presidential race. It’s a waste to do so.

“APGA can go ahead and field any candidate from Igbo to vie for it. It has such an inalienable right to field anybody as its candidate in the election but I don’t know what makes them think that Obiano would win.”

He argued that it was after a second term in office of Buhari that the South-East could start talking of the presidency.

He said, “The North has produced a president who has just done one term. But it is becoming a convention that any zone that produces a president does two terms.

“I don’t see why the APC should not want to go for two terms. When the North has had two terms following the

convention, the presidency should come to the south, and south east, willy-nilly.”

While advising the Igbo to be patient, Ikedife said what was important for the Igbo was “unity, speaking with one voice on national issues.”

He added that the Igbo should identify and lend their support to any of the presidential candidates from the north who would recognise the economic and infrastructure deficits in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones.

He noted that the seeming marginalisation of the Igbo would be assuaged, “when you know that your country cares for you. What stops you from being patriotic? If a man treats you as a son, the tendency is to see him as a father.”

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/igbos-forget-2019-presidential-seat/

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by rifasenate11(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2017
another post that does not deserve my comments.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:18am On Dec 19, 2017
but would they listen...??...everything is a fight to igbos....

the way i see it,after buhari,osibanjo will be next....then we can discuss igbo presidency...and dont present us another jonathan....

we will deny him or her.....

you fvck this up again like before the civil war,then forget a igbo becoming president.....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Lomprico2: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2017
Babatunde! They are not vying for it!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 7:22am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

the way i see it,after buhari,osibanjo will be next....then we can discuss igbo presidency...and dont present us another jonathan....

you fvck this up again like before the civil war,then forget a igbo becoming president.....
As if you are qualified to lace Jonathan's shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:22am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
As if you are qualified to lace Jonathan's shoes.

thunda fire Jonathan's shoes....abomination....

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Odingo1: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

Greedy person, na hausa and yoruba get the birth right to rule Nigeria abi

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2017
Better to allow those who cannot survive without free oil money to continue ruling. If an igbo man rules Nigeria for a year, he will be blamed for all the mistakes in Nigeria government since 1970.

Better let them finish themselves while we watch and strategize .

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:26am On Dec 19, 2017
Odingo1:

so it seems...mind you,am urhobo....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

thunda fire Jonathan's shoes....abomination....
You are confused! The hunger pang on you this morning is occasioned by the Recessionist from Daura, so pls bark up the right tree.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

No wonder. Neither here nor there grin
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

The kind of bad name you create for Urhobos, they will never forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
No wonder. Neither here nor there grin

exactly.... wink
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

The kind of bad name you create for Urhobos, they will never forgive you.

you are not urhobo....sooo,face front....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
You are confused! The hunger pang on you this morning is occasioned by the Recessionist from Daura, so pls bark up the right tree.

who told you am suffering of hunger.......

if urhobos were against what i say,they would have confronted me long ago to shvt up....

urhobos dont need igbos to talk for them....area doesnt mess around like igbos....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

you are not urhobo....sooo,face front....

The good people of Urhobo should stop you from rubbing their good name in the mud. Attack Igbo with your tribe well known not hiding as an Urhobo to attack then Igbos will be replying Urhobo not knowing you are an afonjinjin. grin
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

The good people of Urhobo should stop you from rubbing their good name in the mud. Attack Igbo with your tribe well known not hiding as an Urhobo to attack then Igbos will be replying Urhobo not knowing you are an afonjinjin. grin

we urhobos dont need igbos to talk for us....i have more right to speak for urhobos than you mere igbos....we dont take igbos serious.....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 7:43am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

we urhobos dont need igbos to talk for us....i have more right to speak for urhobos than you mere igbos....we dont take igbos serious.....

And you are too ashamed to mention your shameful tribe that you have to claim Urhobo? grin
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Bolustical: 7:44am On Dec 19, 2017
Babatundepet:

He added that the Igbo should identify and lend their support to any of the presidential candidates from the north who would recognise the economic and infrastructure deficits in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones.
This is the most sensible Igbo man I've seen over the years but unfortunately your brothers are more interested in positions than infrastructure.

If positions amount to development, Igbos and the North should have been the most developed regions in the country. In fact, Igbos would have been competing with South Africa with the type of positions they got under GEJ.

Let Igbos continue to think of Presidency and VP while we in the West Side will continue to fight for projects.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:50am On Dec 19, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

And you are too ashamed to mention your shameful tribe that you have to claim Urhobo? grin

keep on insulting...we urhobos are watching....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

who told you am suffering of hunger.......

if urhobos were against what i say,they would have confronted me long ago to shvt up....

urhobos dont need igbos to talk for them....area doesnt mess around like igbos....
First off, how many Urhobos do we have on earth? Then narrow it down to NL grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 7:58am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
First off, how many Urhobos do we have on earth? Then narrow it down to NL grin

continue....we are listening....

Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2017
Bolustical:

This is the most sensible Igbo man I've seen over the years but unfortunately your brothers are more interested in positions than infrastructure.

If positions amount to development, Igbos and the North should have been the most developed regions in the country. In fact, Igbos would have been competing with South Africa with the type of positions they got under GEJ.

Let Igbos continue to think of Presidency and VP while we in the West Side will continue to fight for projects.

dont mind them joor....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

The only claim to fame urhobos have is one them serving a jail term in UK for corruption.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2017
Bolustical:

As it stands today, Igboland is much more developed than your south west. Igboland is doing well, worry more about your region. Position or no position.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
The only claim to fame urhobos have is one them serving a jail term in UK for corruption.

now its not afonjas no more...now its urhobos....kiiiikikikikikikiki..... grin
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by Sprumbabafather: 8:03am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

Very predictable. This your demented cartoon. grin
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 8:04am On Dec 19, 2017
urhobos have more chance to become president than igbos after yorubas....we urhobos dont dabble in mediocrety.....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by ProWalker: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2017
Odingo1:

If Na How to insult Yoruba and Hausa and make noise is how to become president, Ibo should have been president long ago.
Until you all realise that they don’t just award Presidency to anyone because of sentiments, but cold and calculated work convincing other Nigerians, you all will keep getting disappointed.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by frankyychiji(f): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

now its not afonjas no more...now its urhobos....kiiiikikikikikikiki..... grin
No bro! Just needed to remind you to be quiet when others are talking.
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Very predictable. This your demented cartoon. grin

that was a photoshoped picture not a cartoon...do you even know the difference between a picture and a cartoon...?...

na so i had to argue with an igbo about trains and train tracks....my headaches.....
Re: Igbos Should Forget About 2019 Presidential Seat by tsdarkside(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
No bro! Just needed to remind you to be quiet when others are talking.

you talking...??...you are not important to us....

(1) (2) (Reply)

$1bn Insurgency Fund: 16 Ekiti LG Chairmen Drag FG, 36 Govs To Court / Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi Holds A Crucial Meeting With Kalabari APC Leaders / Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.