Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. (523 Views)

Untitled / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. by Sibigam1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
When you live in the same house with your past that you regret.
Re: The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. by Sibigam1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
"Aunty," he calls out to you. He looks at you in the face. He sees you like his sister, his big sister who loves and cares for him more than anyone does. You can't care less. He's your regret and weakness staring at you everyday.

You don't like him calling you 'Aunty'. You want to tell him the truth but you can't. Mommy had warned you against it. It will mar your future, she says.

Nothing is hidden forever, the truth comes out one way or another, you surmise.

"What do you want?" you ask, your voice comes with a harsh tone. You're not happy. You don't know why, you have many reasons to be mad, you can't place your hands on the right one.

He shudders, your gloomy face and voice put a kind of fear in him. He approaches with caution, he has seen you get mad at someone before. You're quick to anger and irascible, he hates it. "Mommy said that you should prepare indomie for me when I'm hungry," his tiny voice comes, cold as ice, beautiful and peaceful like silence. He calls your mom, his grandmother, mother. It was what he was told.

You turn cold, sadden, a tear tries to drop, you hold it. He has known you to be strong, you don't want him to see you cry. You look at him, your regret is still staring at you. You become solemn, it happens everytime you look at him. It does something to you, it shatters your heart.

You remember him, not him but his father, that one you barely know. But, your son's face reminds you of him. You remember the day your son was conceived. It was 7 years ago, You were barely 16 and unknowning.

That day, mommy had sent you to collect a debt from him. She sells food. He ate and did not pay. When you got to his front door, you knocked. "Come in," a macho voice came behind the door. You stood there contemplating. The voice came again. After all, he's friendly, you thought. You walked in.

You told him what you came for. He was shirtless, he had a great physique, muscles stood on his arms and shoulders, hairs crowded his chest, you saw only his nipples.

"Sit!" he commanded. He had no chairs but a bed, you sat on the bed. He sat behind you. He asked you few questions, which you answered. The next minute, he was all over you, caressing you and all that. You pulled away.

"What are you trying to do," you asked.

"Act like you don't know. I want to Bleep you," he said mischievously.

"Please, let me go. I've not done it before," you begged.

"Liar!" he said with a voice laced with command and doubt. He had his grip on you. You struggled, he overpowered you. He had a better vantage with his height, strength and fastness.

You had fallen, on his bed now. He ripped your clothes like what he had sowed. Spread your legs like you spread butter on a bread.

Gasping for air, "Use condom, please," you cried. It was all that came to your blank brain. You don't know what condom was, your best friend only told you about it, that it protects one from STD, HIV and unwanted pregnancy. He acted like he didn't hear what you said.

He pulled it out, you saw its snaky length, thick as concrete, and you swallowed a hard lump. He inserted it in, but the hymen stood like a guardian angel and shielded it from entering. You saw the disappointment on his face, he believed you now but too late to stop. He pushed again, and again and the guardian angel disappeared like God called him back to heaven. It went in. He was inside of you now. The pain you felt was heartwrenching, it broke you into thousand pieces.

He thrust in and out so fast that you couldn't feel your body. He stopped when he made a kind of wry face that you hadn't seen before, you felt a liquid inside of you. You blood soaked his bed sheets. You couldn't walk, you laid back on his bed, crying.

Later, with the little strength you could muster, you got up, dressed in your now ragged clothes.

"You're satisfied now," you said.

He smiled, gave you the money you came for and gave you extra. "Buy drugs with it."

To be continued.
Re: The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. by Sibigam1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
You went home, you could hardly walk. You didn't tell anybody. The pains were severe for weeks before they died off. You thought it was over, you never knew it was the beginning.

Five months later, you noticed that your body had change. Your mommy noticed it. The doctor said you were pregnant, 5 months old. It downed on you that your problems had just started.

You took your parents to his house and he denied ever knowing you. Father abandoned you, but mommy took you in. She was the breadwinner, and still is, father didn't say otherwise.

She called the police on him. No evidence of rape or whatsoever. It had been months. The case was dismissed. Mother knew it was him.
"In Nigeria, the rape victims are always blamed."

Your boyfriend whom you fantasized about living together as man and woman abandoned you. He called you a LovePeddler. He didn't believe you when you told him that you were raped. He was egocentric and self-centered.

When the labour pains came, mommy was by you. She supported you in all way she could. After you gave birth, she swore not to pursue the case. "It would be bad for Daniel to grow up knowing how he was conceived. It would destroy him," she said.

Now, you look at your son. "Danny," you call.

"Yes Aunty," he answers.

You take him by the hand, "I'm not your Aunty. I'm your mommy. All the things that you were told was for our own good....," you are saying.

He looks you in the face and cuts you short, "I know that you are my mommy. They laugh at me in school and call me A bastard."

Tears well from your eyes, you take him on a hot embrace. "You have a father but he's a coward. A rapist. He doesn't deserve you. From today onwards, I'll be your father and mother and the sister you thought I were."

He cries with you, "I'll be your superhero."
Re: The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. by OlufemiWhit(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
Wonderful story......I almost shed a tear

1 Like

Re: The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. by Sibigam1(m): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2017
OlufemiWhit:
Wonderful story......I almost shed a tear

Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Adage As A Literary Device / Fire And Rocks 1 (short Story) / The Waiter - Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.