Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? (844 Views)

Senate Passes Anti-tobacco Bill, Culprits Could Get Up To 6 Months Jail Term / How Do I Treat Urinary Track Infection Wen Antibiotic Can Not Clear. Pls Doc's / No Menstruation 6 Months After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by evil666(m): 12:27am On Apr 03, 2010
My friend had an operation, appendicitis and the doc. advised him not to have Xex in the next six (6) months.
This is a young guy (mid 20) that cannot stay a day without.
His life has become misery and he needs urgent help.
Pls whats your suggestion, I think the doctor is wrong.
How can blowing affect appendicitis?
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 03, 2010
8weeks at best depending on how easy/fast the person heals but the important part is that if he trusted that doctor to operate on him then he should trust his judgment on how soon he can have s e x again (doc might have some plausible serious reasons why)
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by Shola2009(m): 12:36am On Apr 03, 2010
^^ well said,

dnt wry ur friend'll learn to "Adapt" , lol
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by evil666(m): 1:31am On Apr 03, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

8weeks at best depending on how easy/fast the person heals but the important part is that if he trusted that doctor to operate on him then he should trust his judgment on how soon he can have s e x again (doc might have some plausible serious reasons why)

What might be the reasons? I dont really see any connection s ex and the kinda operation had
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by Hotstepper(f): 3:29am On Apr 03, 2010
instead of asking us here, why dont u and ur friend go and ask the doctor the reasons.
If he doesnt trust the doc. then he should do it and lets see what happens
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by daduke2k(m): 3:35am On Apr 03, 2010
Wel said.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by evil666(m): 3:43am On Apr 03, 2010
Hotstepper:

instead of asking us here, why dont u and your friend go and ask the doctor the reasons.
If he doesnt trust the doc. then he should do it and lets see what happens

Frankly speaking, if you were in his shoes can you ask the doc. such question, especially when you are not marriaged.
Its shameful girl!
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 03, 2010
evil666:

What might be the reasons? I dont really see any connection s ex and the kinda operation had

hmmm interesting. Your friend would need to use his abdominal muscles during sex . . . you would be risking a hernia to put a strain on muscles that have yet to properly heal.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by peacettw: 5:54am On Apr 03, 2010
Mmmmh. The doctor must have been shocked by the guy's sexual history hence the advice. I will do the same if i had had d guy as my patient.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by peacettw: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2010
davidylan:

hmmm interesting. Your friend would need to use his abdominal muscles during intimacy . . . you would be risking a hernia to put a strain on muscles that have yet to properly heal.
That was my first thought but 6 MONTHS! Well, my specialty is not surgery so don.t know what's obtainable these days.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by selena(f): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2010
The doctor told him to abstain from sex for 6 months.Let him listen for his own good
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by elderly: 6:54am On Apr 03, 2010
That is discipline.
He can not do without it , doctor said he must do without it for 6 months

He has the decision to make whether to follow the doctor or do otherwise and face what the uncertain consequences.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by agathamari(f): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2010
6 months seems long to me. 8-12 weeks is the norm unless thier were complications - could always ask why the extension. se/x put alot of stain on the body physicaly and org/asms in particular strain teh abdominal muscles which were just cut. they must heal first. if you tear them or any of the internal structires which were just stiched you can end up requireing surgery again and can even cause a serious infection that if left untreated can lead to necrosis.
Re: 6 Months, Is The Doc. Wrong? by masido(f): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
It wont kill him to wait, let him wait, it's for his own good.
Afterall, the thing no dey run!

(1) (Reply)

The Symptoms Of Hiv & Aids / Can U Believe This? / To Settle Here In Nigeria With #600,000 Or To Travell Outside With It?which One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.