Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,728 members, 7,933,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:23 PM

V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? (880 Views)

Abuja| Clean Title Supercharged 2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 Litre, V-6 Engine @ N1.3M / Armoured 2009 Toyota Landcruiser G X R V 6 (4.0 L T) / 2006 Honda Cr-v: 6,000 Miles, 4wd. Cheap Cheap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by unclesamtech(m): 2:31am On Apr 03, 2010
People in the house : can you put more light on this;

V 4 and V 6 Eng:which one will you prefer and what is your reason to that ?

I know of some people using V6 Engine and they dont complain at all.

I dont know the reason why some people discourage others in buying V6 Car.

And is this really true that v6 engine comsume more fuel than v4.

Please share your experience(s)
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by unclesamtech(m): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
Please share your experience(s)
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by honeyguy(m): 12:00am On Apr 07, 2010
v6 anyday
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by violent(m): 1:56am On Apr 07, 2010
The more cylinders you have, the better acceleration you get, and the engine also tends to run smoother and quieter because it runs at lower RPMs. Most people will tell you that a V6 gives you better gas mileage, but that actually depends on how much weight you're hauling. A vehicle with a full load of passengers and cargo may actually get better gas mileage with a V8 than a V6, because the V8 wouldn't need to work as hard to get the vehicle up to speed. However, the fewer cylinders you have, the longer the engine tends to last because it has fewer parts to wear out

If you are looking at acceleration go for V8

If you are looking at mileage i believe V6 might just be what you need

The top speed depends on the horse power and the torque
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by Areaboy2(m): 7:56am On Apr 07, 2010
V6 all the way my brother,  i have a V6 eod,  and i love it. although i have to stop twice for fuel driving from ph to abj i still love the cruise,

my rev meter sits on a casual 2 while i'm doing  130km/h, 

if u love acceleration and general top speed, the V6 is your pick
if  u love fuel economy then go for the conventional straight 4  (I4)

small correction,  cars actually use straight 4 and not v4,  V4 is for power bikes mostly

straight 4

an aprilia power bike v4 engine

v6,  this is actually my engine cheesy

[img]http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100047&d=1191195994[/img]
v8

v10

v12

W12 engine,  this is my fav cheesy

enjoy
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by unclesamtech(m): 2:38am On Apr 11, 2010
Educate the good Nigerians more on this,
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by Onwan: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2010
One oil-fouled plug in a 4 Cyl and your ride starts rattling and crawling - Two fouled plugs in a V6 and you are still driving.

The difference is clear.
Re: V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? by unclesamtech(m): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Onwan: One oil-fouled plug in a 4 Cyl and your ride starts rattling and crawling - Two fouled plugs in a V6 and you are still driving.

The difference is clear.

in what way ?

(1) (Reply)

2005 Honda Accord For Sale / Nigerian Market Place / Toyota Camry American Spec For Sale_N480k (now Reduced)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.