Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,643 members, 7,944,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Best Developed State In South-South Region? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Developed State In South-South Region? (42536 Views)

The Most Developed State In The South South Region / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
ALKARULEZZ:

Edo? Guy! You well so?
Do you know how many big industries are operating in Edo from Dangote to Olam to BUA etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by muller101(m): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
rozayx5:
cool 8

Akwa IBom

clean, green state

i love my State
only Uyo I guess. A state with poor economic activities.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Albert0011(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
I am from Delta state but have been to almost all the SS states...in terms of wide infrastructural development, Delta state beat dem hands down,
aside from Asaba the state capital,we have other towns which are warri,sapele,kwale,abraka,agbor,ughelli,Ogwashi uku,obiaruku,oleh,ozoro.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Cross river state should be the least,
l live in calabar and l can tell you how it is

No reasonable business there

high rate of crime especially cultism, robbery and kidnapping

high level of diabolic activities which includes ritual killing

calabar is very dirty especially calabar south

high rate of teenage pregnancy, resulting to abandoned and homeless children littering the streets of calabar, many of them are deep into crimes and committing all kinds of immortality, the other day....l saw a girl and a boy at the age of 10 and 11 making out in public,the girl will eventually get pregnant, give birth and the cycle continues

calabar has many poor,uncompleted ,ugly looking and old buildings around.

No job in calabar, if you eventually venture into business,the high rate of govt tax will chase you out of business

No light,you can never see light in calabar

And the list goes on and on....smmh...nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Wheezdom(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
simplemach:
And this is what my dear country is deliberating now, when similar countries else where are competing with the most recent technologies in development.
We are using coal tarred roads now and some concrete fly overs to determine which state is more developed.
chai, am ashamed.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by richiepolymer(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
First, I'll say Rivers is no.1....we all know why.
I've been to all South South states and I'm from the South South. Delta and bayelsa will come last. Those states don't have infrastructure to match the allocations they get. Edo which many are down playing is actually far better in terms of development. Edo is making huge IGR as a gateway state and also in solid minerals and mining. Akwa ibom can boast of a lot of investments apart from oil and they haven't fully taken advantage of those investments yet. Cross river is another state that hasn't been able to sustain the dreams of Donald duke. Tinapa is a shadow of itself and it seems the light now ends only in Calabar. Bayelsa is just a disappointment despite all the funds going there. Bayelsa should be the Abu Dhabi of the South South but they care less.

So,
Rivers
Akwa Ibom
Edo-Cross river (tie)
Delta
Bayelsa

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by odigbosky(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
udeh3:
My opinion though. I've lived in most of the state's on that list, though I'm from Delta State.

River State is over-hyped. Apart from Portharcourt, where else is developed? To me, Delta State is the most visibly most developed state in SS. Delta State can boost of more than 5 township stadiums, upto 2 airports and very good road network and great transport system. All the towns or major towns in Delta State can boast of A Stadium and other great infrastructures which a city can have. Development is not population.

Delta State also boost of great cities and towns apart from Warri and Asaba. Delta State comprises of great cities like Sapele, Oghara, Agbor, Ughelli, Igbuzor, Ozoro, Oleh, Escavos, etc. These places are also developed. Development is not a centred system, it's supposed to be evenly. No part of SS has a massively spread development like Delta State. One might not noticed from the highways when travelling because most of the cities and town are inside

To me, Delta State should take the first position based on my exposure to these states. Since last week, I've been in Edo State.

All SS states still needs to do more

Bros....u open eye call Oleh city. The one wen pain me pass na Oghara wen u call city...bros memera ooo....shuo
e b like sat dem dy play kpangolo for ur head ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by odigbosky(m): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Albert0011:
I am from Delta state but have been to almost all the SS states...in terms of wide infrastructural development, Delta state beat dem hands down,
aside from Asaba the state capital,we have other towns which are warri,sapele,kwale,abraka,agbor,ughelli,Ogwashi uku,obiaruku,oleh,ozoro.

Guy....abraka
wait which of d abraka...is d abraka dat i knw dat the indigines no plan say dem go buy moto till dem die....dia road network na for only keke and okada dem make am for with numerous foot path....abeg comot abraka, obiaruku, ozoro, oleh from dat list

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by senatordave1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
ikechizoba:
Cross river state should be the least,
l live in calabar and l can tell you how it is

No reasonable business there

high rate of crime especially cultism, robbery and kidnapping

high level of diabolic activities which includes ritual killing

calabar is very dirty especially calabar south

high rate of teenage pregnancy, resulting to abandoned and homeless children littering the streets of calabar, many of them are deep into crimes and committing all kinds of immortality, the other day....l saw a girl and a boy at the age of 10 and 11 making out in public,the girl will eventually get pregnant, give birth and the cycle continues

calabar has many poor,uncompleted ,ugly looking and old buildings around.

No job in calabar, if you eventually venture into business,the high rate of govt tax will chase you out of business

No light,you can never see light in calabar

And the list goes on and on....smmh...nothing to write home about.
You really hate calabar sha but am sure you have not visited akamkpa town,ugep ikom,obudu,ogoja.visit most parts of calabar municipality.all those vices you noticed in calabar are also in every state in nigeria including yours.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by odigbosky(m): 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
i have not been to Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers.... so i will give you my take on the other four.

Rivers
Delta
Edo
Bayelsa.

The only reason i choose delta before Edo is because of how she has spread development across most of the LG Head quaters. That state is suppose to to be ahead of many states considering the billions she recieves and her huge population but that state is a very wasteful state thanks to bad governance...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by UnimkeAk(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
If you guys like be from the most developed state or underdeveloped state, if youre broke , youre broke everywhere grin grin
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Larben: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
In terms of Social Amenities and Infrastructural Development;
1. Akwa Ibom
2. Rivers
3. Delta
4. Cross River
5. Edo
6. Bayelsa
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by CaptainFM1: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
emmie14:
Is Akwa Ibom more develop than cross Rivers?

He used the word "Personally". Your own ranking may be different from his.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by senatordave1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
UDIOK:
Bros he talk about development here.....if you say it is only good roads that makes a development seems you have to go read the headings again this time slowly......when we talk about development, the roads you mention is just an entity within an Infrastructure, but it doesn't end there,Agreed with u industrial wise but you cant tell me that Rivers is ahead of Akwa Ibom in terms of Academic attainment, Industrious attributes, Human capacity building, Hospitality, cuisines, Cultural wise, Crime rate, i can go on and on okay....Akwa Ibom is far ahead of Rivers in terms of Development
Rivers development has been a going concern since its creation while that of akwa ibom started during akpabio's tenure which is mostly centred on roads and huge elephant projects.academically,rivers has more educational establishments than your state thats why you see more akwa ibomites schooling in rivers and not the reverse.amechi invested heavily and built world class schools even in remote villages which cant be found in aks.rivers has more employment opportunities by far and more non indigenous population which point to massive development.rivers has two seaports while akwa ibom is struggling to have one.rivers has more developed towns apart from ph like bonny,opobo,eleme,sakpenwa,bori,omagwa,elele,omoku,oyigbo,okrika etc while aks has just ikot ekpene,eket,abak,oron etc which are not as developed as that of rivers.the development of ph has spread to seversl nearby lgas while some parts of uyo are still crawling.
In human capacity development,you can see that most rivers people are based in rivers and are not very ubiquitous in other places while aks people can be found in rivers,cross river,edo,lagos,abia in large numbers which means one state is getting it right than the other.the is more crime and social vices in rivers because of its development.the most developed areas usually have such social malaise(check lagos).

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

You really hate calabar sha but am sure you have not visited akamkpa town,ugep ikom,obudu,ogoja.visit most parts of calabar municipality.all those vices you noticed in calabar are also in every state in nigeria including yours.

l have been to some of the places you mentioned above and its still the same story.
l have lived here long enough to know,l live around marine, its still the same story.. nothing dey calabar... its empty....uyo is more developed then calabar.
Calabar is living in its past glory
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by saintkeppy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
emmie14:
Is Akwa Ibom more develop than cross Rivers?
. Development of a state is not all about state capital only. But other towns & factors like social amenities are considered for the rating. The question is How well are other towns besides the state capital?

As a matter of fact on ground, besides Uyo the state Capital, AKS has other few Vibrant towns with better infrastructures, commercial banks, Schools &economic viability, proximity to Uyo viz Eket, Ikot Ekpene, Oron Town, Abak, Ikot Abasi, etc, you can reside in any of these towns comfortably without missing Uyo.

CRS has a couple of towns besides Calabar the most developed, Ikom, Ugep, Ogoja, the rest is rural settings.

Rivers is 1 city state, Port Harourt, though Obigbo &Eleme forms part of PH. Bonny Island, Bori, Omoku Town are other places too.

1 Like

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by yvette234: 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Even that last position given to bayelsa they don't deserve it,nothing dey this place,one road in one road out,bayelsa has not even started with the D of development not to talk of even taking last position

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by SicilianMafia: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
yvette234:
Even that last position given to bayelsa they don't deserve it,nothing dey this place,one road in one road out,bayelsa has not even started with the D of development not to talk of even taking last position

grin grin grin grin no wonder they are crying to be indigines of other states !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by HopeRisingmatte(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
Funnicator:
Akwa Ibom only got Beautiful roads.

Maybe because 91percent roads were constructed by Julius Berger, except inner city roads, or streets.

Nothing in Uyo except roads, no jobs or economic activities. Maybe a couple of nice hotels, an airport and countless keke on the streets + many betshops.

Uyo is just roads. Fine ones! Nothing else spectacular
So very true man. I live in Uyo and countless kekes and bet 9ja shops.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Pascalberry(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
engrchykae:
most of the southsouth states if not all have the same problem of developing only the capital city.
Cross River only have Calabar to brag with,Rivers only have Port Harcourt and Bayelsa only have Yenegoa and Delta only have Asaba to brag with.
If you are in Anambra state,Awka is bubbling as well as Nnewi,Onitsha and ihiala.
But the southsouth states concentrate everything in the capital cities which is very bad
Warri and Sapele Ogwashi and Lemme Add Agbor is also bubbling at Delta na. #watayusaying self.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by KimWooBin: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
mteeew, so? mke we cook beans
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by iSlayer: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
[s]
iamdannyfc:

baba, no come derail topic for here ooo, igbos are not invited
[/s]
Shut up kid.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by nextstep(m): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
Funnicator:
Akwa Ibom only got Beautiful roads.

Maybe because 91percent roads were constructed by Julius Berger, except inner city roads, or streets.

Nothing in Uyo except roads, no jobs or economic activities. Maybe a couple of nice hotels, an airport and countless keke on the streets + many betshops.

Uyo is just roads. Fine ones! Nothing else spectacular

Heh heh, sounds just like Asaba... except in addition we have countless hotels, oloshos, and churches.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by engrchykae(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pascalberry:
Warri and Sapele Ogwashi and Lemme Add Agbor is also bubbling at Delta na. #watayusaying self.
you rushed to quote me when you didn't think about cross rivers,rivers,bayelsa and akwa ibom.
So what are you saying.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by einsteino(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
senatordave1:

As a result of infrastructural development carried out by akpabio,akwa ibom has overtaken cross river.cross river is just about calabar,ikom and ogoja.owerri has even overtaken calabar as well as asaba.

which delta you dey talk of, the one wey be my state abi another one? nothing in delta ! we just hve thief thief politicians and militants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by einsteino(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
edoman2016:
Among the states in south-south region in Nigeria, how will you rank them according to their level of infrastructural development and economy?

Personally, I will rank the best developed states in South South region accordingly.

1. Rivers state
2. Akwa Ibom.
3. Cross Rivers.
4. Edo state
5. Delta. state
6. Finally, Bayelsa state.

inshort u have ranked it correctly.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Oria1999: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
Edo state under Obaseki will soon move up in the list.Cross river is just there because of Calabar and nothing much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Hussainmaaji: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
Why. Bayelsa which is the smallest State in Nigeria is not even number 3? Jonathan has not try at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Which kind development are you people talking about, when there is no electricity 24/7 in the richest oil producing states of nigeria ?

Do you even know what development means?

And they be arguing sef. Wonda shall neva end

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by Lubumbashi: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
The truth is that delta state used to be the most developed state in the region until shell left the state and the economy collapsed with no good job which make all man begin to play merrybet to survive but delta is still better than edo, bayelsa and others. Only rivers state is better developed. Okowa is not doing anything, infact, the worst governor in history. If shell can come back, delta will rise again.
Re: The Best Developed State In South-South Region? by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
ikechizoba:

l have been to some of the places you mentioned above and its still the same story.
l have lived here long enough to know,l live around marine, its still the same story.. nothing dey calabar... its empty....uyo is more developed then calabar.
Calabar is living in its past glory
How could you have lived long enough in calabar when you said you were serving in the state? If you have gone to other places,you would have spotted some differences but you are holed up in calabar.moreover as a corper,its almost impossible to tour the whole state.finally,you claimed uyo is more developed than cali,how can? Apart from flyover,what else do they have? Do they have monorail,seaport,spar,clean streets,more banks,more tourist centres,free trade zone? Calabar is the 3rd city in the south south with the highest spread of development.almost all the entire calabar south and municipality is developed.but not everywhere in uyo is developed,only warri south lga is developed in warri,yenagoa is semi developed,asaba is coming up and is not even a local government of its own.only ph and benin beat cali in development spread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku: Wike A Snake, Despite His Help, Tinubu Can’t Invite Him For Dinner / Throwback: Young Tinubu Making Promises To Nigerians (video) / Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso On The Queue At The Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.