Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,030 members, 7,970,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:10 PM

Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? (11123 Views)

Poll: If a woman secretly takes her husband's money without his knowledge or permission, is it stealing?

Yes: 78% (82 votes)
No: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by magneto(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2007
for God's sake what is wrong with saying, "honey i took so and so amount of money from ur wallet, while u were in the shower. . . need to pick up sompn on my way back from work"

or better still, "honey, i and the kids are on our way to mr biggs. . .yes we emptied ur wallet! u are also invited but make sure u bring ur own money, cos we're not sharing this one." grin

pls some ladies should stop defending this bad habit of taking ur hubbys money without even being decent enuff to tell him about it. then it becomes pure stealing!! shocked
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by anabell(f): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2007
when ur wife cooks cleans gos to work and looks after u and d kids y make a fuss when she takes ur change stingy men
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by ronnieslimz(f): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2007
chet:

I would very much say yes to that, because i have seen cases where it happened. Believe it or not, my uncle's wife does it alot to the extent that he had to change the combination to the locks of his briefcase. Well, i don't think it is a good thing to do.

imagine the molestation. . . . .

i think the best thing is to inform ur hubby before such action, the funniest thing is he may not like it but pretend as if he does, thereby, discussing it with friends and some peeps close to him just as the author of this post did.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Grouppoint(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2007
Well it depends on how much we are talking about here.

Some guys here will call for a family meeting if the amount is substantial.

All in all, as long as the woman admits, or denies playfully (as my missus often does) then its all good ( only for the moderate figures, mind).

I dont buy that concept of 'how can you steal from yourself', well you can, if you did not take permission from yourself before moving the dough. That means 'you be tif'.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by windywendy(f): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2007
Irrespective of the amount involved, I think it is very disrespectful and in very bad taste for anyone to take money from anyone else without telling them, either before or after. I would consider it very disturbing if my hubby takes money from my handbag and then keeps numb about it like nothing happened. That's deception!! shocked shocked. I can't imagine myself doing the same wrt him either -- that's just so low. What would that achieve, other than create an uneasy silence and tension?? There's nothing wrong with asking him before hand or letting him know after the fact (and this is only if it was absolutely impossible to let him know before the fact.)

@ Poster: If it really bothers you, I suggest you let your wife know and you both work out a way for this not to happen again. Find out the reasoning behind her behavior (could it be that she's afraid of asking or has become wary of the types of responses she gets each time she asks that she now thinks it's better to just take it without going through all of the stress involved with asking?) and do all you can to nip that undesirable attitude in the bud. And you might also want to consider always leaving her with well enough money to take care of her needs and those of the family, so that she doesn't find it necessary to go pick-pocketing (not that the attitude is justified at all, but sometimes people act out that way out of lack). Just my 2 cents.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by egetz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2007
in all, i guess closeness in marriage makes a woman, and also the man, forget the thin between what is appropiate and what is taken for granted. but constant communication will indent this thin line. i have talked it over with her and she seem to see the point that it is not all the money in my pocket that is vailable for free spending. certainly  not.
however, any money i leave around the house is certainly free for spending. that of course is different from the normal house keep money.
in all, i will rather have a wife who is too familiar with me and sometimes misses the thin line than have a reclusive hermit at home.  who needs a stranger for a wife?
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by 1forall: 12:05am On Mar 07, 2007
Case closed then, I suppose?
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by tinu16(f): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2007
What of a situation where by the husband and the wife lived like cat and mouse? u dont consider that? what about a situation whereby the husband is rich and the wife poor and the husband is nt ready to help her, ofcourse she wl opt for taking the money if it comes her way. pronto, so what do we call that, thief? nah
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by ronnieslimz(f): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2007
egetz:

in all, i guess closeness in marriage makes a woman, and also the man, forget the thin between what is appropiate and what is taken for granted. but constant communication will indent this thin line. i have talked it over with her and she seem to see the point that it is not all the money in my pocket that is vailable for free spending. certainly not.
however, any money i leave around the house is certainly free for spending. that of course is different from the normal house keep money.
in all, i will rather have a wife who is too familiar with me and sometimes misses the thin line than have a reclusive hermit at home. who needs a stranger for a wife?

a man who understands.
God help you for not requesting that madam fill out an application to grab some change!!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by nduleme(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2007
I don't think its the best for a girl (wife) to:

(i) keep secrets from her hubby

(ii) take money from the hubby without permission

But we have come to realize that we are not in a perfect world, so relationships are not perfect either.

I had this girl who is a student, and is financially challenged. She feels shy asking for money, especially if its for some really personal, or sometimes. family issue.

More than once she had picked up money on my table, pockets etc and send me a text like "pls I took N1000 from your pocket to solve a pressing issue, can we not talk about it?". I hardly get upset with her because I think she is matured and sensible and knows what she is doing, most likely she would feel embarrassed raising family issues and asking for my assistance.

Certainly she does not steal this money from me, she is only embarrassed discussing some things with me but hopes that I would understand.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by mikun(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2007
I do take money from my husband's wallet or car when I need cash and I don't want to go to the cash point. He always has cash on him. I tell him sometimes and other times I forget.

In my home everyting is completely joint . So basically for those saying it is stealing that means I am stealing from myself.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by waffistyle(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2007
mikun:

I do take money from my husband's wallet or car when I need cash and I don't want to go to the cash point. He always has cash on him. I tell him sometimes and other times I forget.

In my home everyting is completely joint . So basically for those saying it is stealing that means I am stealing from myself.

yes so, you are honest, and have a good husband, haba, how can a man call his wife a thief?, God forbid, if your wife steals from you, as in intentional stealing, then there is a BIG BIG problem!!!She is certainly not your wife, maybe married you for your money, or maybe you de set blow take sleep(stingy),
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 09, 2007
nduleme:

I don't think its the best for a girl (wife) to:

(i) keep secrets from her hubby

(ii) take money from the hubby without permission

But we have come to realize that we are not in a perfect world, so relationships are not perfect either.

I had this girl who is a student, and is financially challenged. She feels shy asking for money, especially if its for some really personal, or sometimes. family issue.
More than once she had picked up money on my table, pockets etc and send me a text like "please I took N1000 from your pocket to solve a pressing issue, can we not talk about it?". I hardly get upset with her because I think she is matured and sensible and knows what she is doing, most likely she would feel embarrassed raising family issues and asking for my assistance.

Certainly she does not steal this money from me, she is only embarrassed discussing some things with me but hopes that I would understand.

The woman on this thread is a wife,there is a very big,humongous difference between her and an ocassional bed warmer.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by zenom: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2007
Yes a woman can steal from her husband, if it were not stealing she'd simply tell him after taking it after all whats his is hers. I think we should be open about it then its not stealing.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by jaybaby(f): 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2007
It's not stealin --it;s takin sm coins in his Wallet
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by kellorah: 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2007
if it's a huge sum, she b ole! grin
if it's 'chicken change' u have-she no b ole
if it's 'chicken change' u aint got, and she knws ure broke-she's a big thief angry
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by rowlandwhy: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2007
No matter the nature of money she collects, theif is a thief and it is not good.
She should tell her huband any need she has and he will consider if he is able to solve it
No room for pampering whether one nair a or more
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Creamish(f): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2007
no b person d man be?, if he constantly denies her provisions and sprays it on mistresses, then its probable that she'l steal.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Pip(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2007
thief na thief. I know some wives that really steal in the guise of partner.Me i am generous so if u want anything and I have no problem. My ex even knew all my passwords and pins to my cards. Unless she's just a chronic thief or the husband is bloody tight fisted. As my wife if you want something, ask or say you've taken something for a just coz a least
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by sammyjl(f): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2007
When u take something without asking, you are STEALING even if its from your husband, brother, sister and so on. ASK please, u will be surprised.

So yes a woman can steal from her husband, the question is what? EVERYTHING ofcourse, be it money, sex, without his knowledge, its stealing and its wrong and bad. shocked
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by presido1: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2007
She should let me know so that i will re plan myself. Take for instance thats the only money in ma wallet and i have planned to use it for my lunch at work and she took it without letting me know. During ma lunch break i ordered amala or whatever and after they have served me, i blow the amala finish without knowing that am koboless. Imagin the embarassment when the mamaput ask me for money and i could not pay for my food when am 100% sure that i have some kabadash reserved in the wallet for the amala.

In essence let him or her know incase he/she dont have plan B.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2007

I don't agree with a woman stealing from her man like that. NOR do I think a man should steal from his woman either. goes both ways.

What should u do? First, you need to talk to her to find out why she would do such a thing, when its much simplier for her to ask. Then you need to find out WHAT is the real reason she is stealling from you,, is it to buy food for you BOTH to eat? Does she need money to buy things for the house, or to look pretty for you? She may have a gambling or drug problem, and that will be bad if so. but, Obviously she is taking the money for some reason or another. Find out what that reason is, and see if u can reach some agreement as to some allowance u can give her to stop her from stealing.

OR. better, just keep your money in the bank, and use your bank card or debit card if its allowed in Nigeria. You dont always have to carry cash around to have access to your money.

love & light,

Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2007
hi
we are alwz quick 2 blame d woman but do u know some men dont give dr wives moni 4 personal upkeep?do uknow dy just force themselves 2 feed her n buy cloths 4 her only during special occassions?
any woman well cared4 will never steal.
Bros make una dey take care of d women.She is not just a baby making factory.Cherish her pls.

babes, if una dey steal pls stop it.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by chinne1(f): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2007
You see, majority of men are highly tight fisted, they forget all those juicy promises they made at the beginning and turn into glue hands.

You sure know that your wife is in real need of something you know you can afford, instead of you to be the man you are and provide it for her, then you deny her of it giving one stupid excuse or the other, and trust some women, since you refused to bring it peacefully, they decide to take it forcefully and I think this is what our Dear poster is talking about here,

cause as long as I know, no reasonable woman in her right sense will like to steal from her husband (except those born with the blood of a thief), even if not husband, no responsible lady will like to steal from her boyfriend.

You know ladies when they want something they know you can afford and you bluntly refused to give it to them because you want to meet some other unnecessary need, Trust them, they will look for the nearest means to get it from you even if it means stealing it as you said.

I have seen this happen a lot of places.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by TawaTemi1(f): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2007
Even the Bible says " ask and it shall be given unto u".Why can't she ask first?
Its stealing! even if we are married, i can't take money from his pocket without his consent.
We are sending wrong signals to the kids.
They may think its proper to take money from dad's pocket and so, they will also join in the act.
My dad will never tolerate that.
Is better u ask him, then he will give u.
anyway, why would a wife even take money from her hussy's pocket? Is she not working?
Is she a liability?
No matter how small or big the money is, if she is broke, she should ask the hussy first.
Even if the man is stingy, ask him first so that he wont think he housed an armed robber.
Stealing starts from somewhere and its better not to indulge in it at all.

There r so many ways we can get money from our husbands, but definitely not from tacking it from his pocket without asking him.
The money in question may even be the last with him and so , he may be stranded.

lets face the fact, even if we share things in common, if there is no privacy, if we operate the same account,if we are one, there should be respect for the husband.
Just like the Yorubas will say " oko baba ati omo kole wa, ko ma laala" meaning in summary, there is limit or extent u can go.

Thats my own candid opinion anyway, and I stand to be corrected.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Bblak(f): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by ssRhino: 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2007
A woman cant steal from her husband, cos all he has is the woman's too.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by dankmen208(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
To me it not stealing cause is taking what BELONGS to me.

Some Ppl call it Stealing
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by PurestBoy(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2008
Kai, which kind woman will do that? After giving her enough, she'll still go behind and extract from my wallet illegally. I'll first beat hell out of her before I send her packing.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Outstrip(f): 5:22am On Mar 02, 2008
The fact that she said what money do you have that is not mine tells me that she did not feel like she was stealing the money. Why would you call it stealing if your wife takes money from your wallet? That seems strange. I take money from my husbands wallet all the time if I didn't get money from the ATM. He is okay with that especially since I usually work late and I am not comfortable at the ATM when it's dark. He just needs to go get some more if he needs the cash that desperately. I can't even imagine that leading to my husband calling me a thief. I think that is too harsh.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by annboga(f): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2008
whatever u own is authomatically supposed to be for ur wife.
The issue of she taking naira note from ur pocket is not an
issue that ought to surface, safe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mortal Body: Story Of My Child And Grand Mum / Runaway Sales Boy: What Do I Do? / What Do You Like About Your Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.