Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,364 members, 7,923,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2175917 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrap: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Obiora Olisah shut up your smelly mouth. you are not far from jail--- thanks to your personal details phone numbers and pictures.

[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Is that by published statistics or is your own concocted fact? And why would you measure the progress of the state by the failures across the SE zone rather than against successful states like Ogun or Rivers or Delta or even Kano? Are you well at all?
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Nethwood cinema opens in the city of Awka
This is very commendable. A lot of Anambra indigenes are heeding to Obiano's policy of Aku luo uno. Awka now has a cinema while the one in enugu has since closed down due to lack of purchasing power by wawa people and the fact that many people are relocating to Awka from Enugu due to lack of water in enugu town.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
The amount Anambra generate in IGR is unbelievably poor and embarrassing. It's either the state is not as viable as we tend to believe , people are getting away without paying taxes nor something is wrong with our arithmetic. I believe the second is likely the case. If not, tell me how a state as industrialized as Anambra is competing for place with Cross River and co. Obiano is beginning to look like a failure.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by jamjo: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
OMANBALA1:
The amount Anambra generate in IGR is unbelievably poor and embarrassing. It's either the state is not as viable as we tend to believe , people are getting away without paying taxes nor something is wrong with our arithmetic. I believe the second is likely the case. If not, tell me how a state as industrialized as Anambra is competing for place with Cross River and co. Obiano is beginning to look like a failure.

The problem is not only in Anambra but all Southeast, and believe me Southeast is as viable as SS or even more, It is just our visionless leaders who don't think outside box. Imagine if they can implement an effective properties tax collection system statewide, when I said statewide, including the villages. If they can collect between #100 to #5000 every month from all the houses that scattered all over our towns and villages in Igbo land and up the tax collection in other areas to at least 60% believe me Abuja money will be the money for the rainy days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
OMANBALA1:

It's a combination of the first 2. One, Anambra is not nearly as developed or industrialized as many like to claim. I always laugh at the grandiose claims of many Anambrarians here like claiming it's the most industrialized state after Lagos, when Ogun beats Anambra hands down in industries. Secondly, it should still be doing far better than it's doing with a more visionary, resolute, diligent, organized leadership. But Peter Obi was more interested in boasting about how much he saved and how little he borrowed, than generating revenue. Obiano seems to think building flyovers and bridges is all governance is about. Hence, far too few Anambrarians pay tax. My father who owns blocks of flats in Nkpor says he has not paid tenement rate on any of them in ages. It seems the government thinks extorting motorists with an army of touts is the only way to generate revenue.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Obiano is a former accountant and it is shocking that his administration is highly disorganized, corrupt and incompetent. He has basically allowed the urban core of the state to degenerate into lawless chaos, filth and disorganization under his watch while deflecting criticism with his flyovers and other grandiose projects.

You would think that someonoe who professed to be revenue driven could be this bad. But not surprising since his appointment of people into agencies is more about sentiment than delivery. For example, I once had a chat with a manager at the State Inland Revenue Service and raised several questions :

1) I asked how many industries and businesses are registered in Anambra, their sizes and revenue. They had no idea.

2) I asked what was the revenue of MAIN MARKET or EKE AWKA MARKET. They had no idea.

3) I asked them how many working adults are living in the state and their means of employment and income. They had no idea.

4) I asked them how many properties there are and types in the state. They had no idea (even though there is an agency called APLUC).

Now if they you have no data on all of these indicators then how can you be serious about tax collection? And without tax how do you expect to make inroads on basics like education, health or infrastructure.

From my own estimates about what I know about Anambra the state should be able to raise at least 50 billion a year if they made an effort. There are around 4 million working adults in the state with around 3 million living in urban areas. The urban dwellers should be paying a minimum of 10,000 to the state in income tax or around 30 billion. Now when I raised this with the AIRS man he asked me how. I said why not create a state ID and register everyone. Tie the state ID to physical businesses that people operate, to their residences. All those individual shop owners would be required to pay 10,000 to the state. Businesses with less than 10 employees would also be required to pay 10,000 per employee. This is unassessed tax. From 10 employees upward then you assess the companies for PAYE tax. That would reduce the number of businesses AIRS would assess to probably around 5,000 companies.

As a strategy the state is supposed to be using IGR to pay workers salaries and maintain its offices and use federal allocation for infrastructure and critical services.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oshokomole: 4:22am On Nov 29, 2018
jamjo:

The problem is not only in Anambra but all Southeast, and believe me Southeast is as viable as SS or even more, It is just our visionless leaders who don't think outside box. Imagine if they can implement an effective properties tax collection system statewide, when I said statewide, including the villages. If they can collect between #100 to #5000 every month from all the houses that scattered all over our towns and villages in Igbo land and up the tax collection in other areas to at least 60% believe me Abuja money will be the money for the rainy days.
mktinsight:

Obiano is a former accountant and it is shocking that his administration is highly disorganized, corrupt and incompetent. He has basically allowed the urban core of the state to degenerate into lawless chaos, filth and disorganization under his watch while deflecting criticism with his flyovers and other grandiose projects.

You would think that someonoe who professed to be revenue driven could be this bad. But not surprising since his appointment of people into agencies is more about sentiment than delivery. For example, I once had a chat with a manager at the State Inland Revenue Service and raised several questions :

1) I asked how many industries and businesses are registered in Anambra, their sizes and revenue. They had no idea.

2) I asked what was the revenue of MAIN MARKET or EKE AWKA MARKET. They had no idea.

3) I asked them how many working adults are living in the state and their means of employment and income. They had no idea.

4) I asked them how many properties there are and types in the state. They had no idea (even though there is an agency called APLUC).

Now if they you have no data on all of these indicators then how can you be serious about tax collection? And without tax how do you expect to make inroads on basics like education, health or infrastructure.

From my own estimates about what I know about Anambra the state should be able to raise at least 50 billion a year if they made an effort. There are around 4 million working adults in the state with around 3 million living in urban areas. The urban dwellers should be paying a minimum of 10,000 to the state in income tax or around 30 billion. Now when I raised this with the AIRS man he asked me how. I said why not create a state ID and register everyone. Tie the state ID to physical businesses that people operate, to their residences. All those individual shop owners would be required to pay 10,000 to the state. Businesses with less than 10 employees would also be required to pay 10,000 per employee. This is unassessed tax. From 10 employees upward then you assess the companies for PAYE tax. That would reduce the number of businesses AIRS would assess to probably around 5,000 companies.

As a strategy the state is supposed to be using IGR to pay workers salaries and maintain its offices and use federal allocation for infrastructure and critical services.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by raker300: 5:04am On Nov 29, 2018
Onitsha

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2018
Obiano To Inaugurate 2018 Anambra Trade Fair, Dry Season Farming Today In Onitsha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 6:40am On Nov 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:
This fool. The IGR of Anambra was 400 million for the 8 years your paymaster Peter Obi was Governor and yet he was the best to you. Why is it difficult for you to focus on your own plateau state, even with all the killings going on there?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Obiano To Inaugurate 2018 Anambra Trade Fair, Dry Season Farming Today In Onitsha

pls try to get us pics from the trade fair especially pics of new products made in Anambra.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 29, 2018
mktinsight:
Like I said the Obiano administration is corrupt and incompetent. Just look at the IGR.

IGR in Anambra was 10 billion in 2014, 14.8 billion in 2015, was not reported in 2016, and was 17.36 billion in 2017. But already with the end of 2018 approaching it is clear that IGR will drop drastically in 2018 probably to around 15 billion.

Meanwhile just consider how other states have fared. Look at Kaduna for example that had LOWER IGR than Anambra in 2015. Its IGR in 2015 was 11 billion, in 2016 it was 17 billion, in 2017 it was 26.5 billion.

The question is what did Kaduna do that Obiano's revenue service did not do:

1) The Kaduna State Government has only ONE authority that collects tax KDIRS. They digitized and automated tax collection. Meanwhile, Anambra State government resorted to using "Agents". These corrupt "agents" have clearly diverted huge sums of revenue from government coffers.

2) Kaduna clamped down heavily on street trading, hawking and okada while under the ANSG that and illegal parked vehicles have taken over the streets of commercial districts in Anambra creating chaos and chasing away profits for formal business that pay taxes.

3) Law Enforcement has collapsed under the ANSG. The Ocha Brigade, ATMA are all corrupt entities doing little enforcement but lining their pockets creating a poor business environment.

Going forward, I recommend that Obiano get serious with his next three years in office. The state should be doing at least 36 billion if it created the right environment for formal business to flourish. For example, PAYE Tax which is the largest source of revenue for Lagos is based on 24% of personal income. You cannot get much tax from wheelbarrow hawkers. You need to attract real organizations that pay decent salaries for PAYE tax. The state has absolutely no idea how to get these companies even as it is sitting on a gold mine with Onitsha (a major distribution point). Just attracting the likes of PZ Cussons, Indomie, and other consumer good companies to the state would yield massively for the state government not 1,000 wheelbarrows lined up in front of Ochanja.

As it is, Enugu gets quite a lot of IGR because it hosts the factories for Coca Cola, Nigerian Breweries, Seven Up and others. This is despite the fact that Onitsha has a natural location advantage with access to water (from River Niger) and distance to key markets around. But real investors run from chaos. MTN's regional headquarters is based in Asaba not Onitsha, Glo's is based in Enugu.

IMO state generated more money in just 6 months of 2018 than what it generated in the entire 2017. How did this even happen? Anambra generated less same with Enugu, Ebonyi, and Abia. I doubt these figures are genuine, SE governments are releasing fraudulent and fake figures.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 11:40am On Nov 29, 2018
THE EXCLUSIVE MOVIE PREMIERE
THE LAST KIDNAP

IN HONOUR OF
LATE CHUKWUKA EMELIONWU(Kasvid)

@BEERSHEBA HALL, STANEL WORLD AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.

DATE IS 7th December, 2018

TIME: Red Carpet 5pm

Brought to you by STANEL WORLD
#thelastkidnappremiere #nollywood #instablog #nawedeyhere #ndifilm #ojonme #faceofnollywoodawards #nollywoodglamour ™Nollyplus Tv

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by teufelein(f): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
I failed to understand all these high fives of Anambra State. Everything of Nigerias is of substandard, Anambra inclusive, nothing special. We should stop glorifying stupidities...and mediocrities

The Figure below depicts the layout of a typical city in sane countries and Nigeria.
The City A seems well-planned, organized with paved roads, public buildings, courts, malls, hospitals and industrial areas well laid out. Mostly, the streets are wide and paved, each building has a unique number code by which it is identified, and each apartment and resident known and on a database. In City A, all data of businesses, residents, institutions and establishments are known. Taxes are paid. There's a definite and known Municipal Government!

City B is typical of Nigeria. The layout is something to behold from the air; a confusing jungle of Brown roofs, shanties, refuse dumps and whatever else. Huge churches and Mosques within residential areas and a cattle market located next to a school. Most streets are unpaved and open sewers and gutters everywhere. There might be a little enclave for the City Elite designated as GRA but on the whole, the City B has buildings without unique number codes known to the sane world. There's almost no data on apartments and residents. It's all man to himself. No city in Nigeria has a City (Municipal) Government.

With the known data of the well-planned City A, the Municipal Government has designated Public Utility Companies. These companies are saddled with the task of providing (say) electricity for the city. They already have data so they plan based on consumption patterns. They build the intra city grid with district transformers and substations. They know the consumption of each building; and are involved in issuing permits for proposed buildings in order to project the electricity consumption and plan for same. With this data, they effectively ensure that whatever power you consume, is paid for.

With the tariff payments from residents, they pay to the power supplier (GENCO or DISCO) whatever power was purchased on behalf of the city, through the municipal government! Damn effective! And they pay the accruing taxes to the municipal.

There are no such platforms in City B; the 1999 Constitution has ensured that wouldn't happen. So the federal government controls everything, and licensed some firms from Abuja to COLLECT ALL POWER REVENUES FROM ALL CITIES IN NIGERIA! ���
Of course, without any data of worth, the DISCOs that bought the NEPA assets could not believe the "One Chance" bus they boarded! There was no way they could determine the power consumption, number of consumers, buildings or establishments connected to their power supply. Much as they tried to install pre-paid meters and exert control, they discovered the atrocious costs of collections! They've got no idea where their customers are. How do you bill customers in a jungle?

They resorted to all sorts of gimmicks; they bill known customers high to make up for the Energy Theft! And Energy Theft is huge! In the Kano/Kaduna/Abuja/Yola DISCOs, it's as high as 44% in places (Kano) where 44% of the consumers are simply not known (that of the North is particularly high due to the fact that the then government-owned NEPA deliberately did not meter the customers as a social but twisted practice to favor them; and the DISCOs are paying for that indiscretion now).Then they discovered that most cities do not have sufficient substations to receive power from the national grid, so anytime the TCN tries to allocate more power to an area, the DISCOs reject it. The Calabar area is an example; the PHEDC rejects 60mW from the Calabar IPP in Odukpani; yet Calabar has serious power shortages! �
Most DISCOs in Nigeria are almost ready to throw-in the towel and flee! And flee they shall, unless the philosophy of power supply were changed. And to change that, the 1999 Constitution must change! See? Elections ain't gonna save us yet!

Common Sense days that for the DISCOs to survive, they need to go into partnership with the Municipal Governments! Common Sense says that for the citizens to have adequate power, they must run their own municipal governments! But there are no municipal governments according to the federal stupidity called Constitution! Stalemate!

To have adequate power supply, we need the Municipal Governments! And a degree of autonomy! What the federal government has set out to do is impossible anywhere in the world! So when they tell you they would provide electricity with this method, with the impossible costs of over 5 trillion Naira, it is NOT true! Whatever president or party tells you they could make things work with this Constitution is telling blatant lies! Without the Municipal Governments, with a great degree of freedom, there shall be no light! This, my friends, is the truth!
To have a semblance of sanity for the citizens, the City A has it. The City B is on the highway to destruction.
We must #restructureOrBurst....or continue to believe that unicorns exist!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I tire sha o. It's baffled me for years how a comparatively viable state cannot generate significant revenue, and gets beaten in revenue by states like Kwara and Cross River. After, Ipob noisemakers will be shouting "Biafra or Death" when we're still parasites that depend on handouts from the Federal Government.
you are soo stupid afonja shawar

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Is that by published statistics or is your own concocted fact? And why would you measure the progress of the state by the failures across the SE zone rather than against successful states like Ogun or Rivers or Delta or even Kano? Are you well at all?
all this state jongs state you mention here can never be better than Anambra state I know you are an Afonja man claiming Igbo name iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiot

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
NonsoWow:
This is very commendable. A lot of Anambra indigenes are heeding to Obiano's policy of Aku luo uno. Awka now has a cinema while the one in enugu has since closed down due to lack of purchasing power by wawa people and the fact that many people are relocating to Awka from Enugu due to lack of water in enugu town.
my brother I can tell you some of Igbo men prefer to live in Awka than Enugu I know most of them especially wawa people Awka is now city but only why I love Enugu is because of real estate raising up there Enugu is our capital but before 5 years coming Awka will beat Enugu hand ✋ - � down

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
jamjo:

i don't think that house owners pay taxs in Anambra state only in Enugu state that some residents house owners pay tax
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It's a combination of the first 2. One, Anambra is not nearly as developed or industrialized as many like to claim. I always laugh at the grandiose claims of many Anambrarians here like claiming it's the most industrialized state after Lagos, when Ogun beats Anambra hands down in industries. Secondly, it should still be doing far better than it's doing with a more visionary, resolute, diligent, organized leadership. But Peter Obi was more interested in boasting about how much he saved and how little he borrowed, than generating revenue. Obiano seems to think building flyovers and bridges is all governance is about. Hence, far too few Anambrarians pay tax. My father who owns blocks of flats in Nkpor says he has not paid tenement rate on any of them in ages. It seems the government thinks extorting motorists with an army of touts is the only way to generate revenue.
this guy is an impostor coward tout be warned afonja man Anambra state beat Ibadan and ogun state hand down in terms of industrialization. That is facts and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrap: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
Get lost from this thread. Why are you always here? Don't you have your own state?

[s]
omadeltason:
i don't think that house owners pay taxs in Anambra state only in Enugu state that some residents house owners pay tax
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MXrap: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
Why are you always here causing confusion and collision? Mynd44 take care of this impostor that always come here to derail the thread.

omadeltason:
this guy is an impostor coward tout be warned afonja man Anambra state beat Ibadan and ogun state hand down in terms of industrialization. That is facts and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

IMO state generated more money in just 6 months of 2018 than what it generated in the entire 2017. How did this even happen? Anambra generated less same with Enugu, Ebonyi, and Abia. I doubt these figures are genuine, SE governments are releasing fraudulent and fake figures.
imo state is among the poorest state in Nigeria 2018 rate
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NonsoWow: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
omadeltason:
my brother I can tell you some of Igbo men prefer to live in Awka than Enugu I know most of them especially wawa people Awka is now city but only why I love Enugu is because of real estate raising up there Enugu is our capital but before 5 years coming Awka will beat Enugu hand ✋ - � down
Awka has already overtaken Enugu. Enugu is just living off old glory, it is basically a civil servant town and lacks innovative youths that spur creativity and entrepreneurship. To make things worse, Enugu suffers from acute water deficiency which is why most people no longer want to live there. Most residential houses in enugu have clogged toilets as they have to wait sometimes up to 3 days before they get water via water tankers from Anambra to replenish their drums and buckets.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2018
Plan to be at the movie premiere. Star studded

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
The biggest oxygen plant in South East to be commissioned soon in Anambra.

The plant is located inside Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, COOUTH, Amaku, Awka.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
Star studded. Premiere at Stanel World Awka on the 7th December

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Pictures from yesterday's opening of Anambra International Trade fair in Onitsha. The trade fair of last year was held in Awka. Onitsha is hosting the one of 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2018
Anambra is fast developing a strong monolithic economy

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Anambra is fast developing a strong monolithic economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
Pictures from yesterday's opening of Anambra International Trade fair in Onitsha. The trade fair of last year was held in Awka. Onitsha is hosting the one of 2018

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Night life in Enugu too Sweet jare

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2018
Join other Ndi Anambra for the Walk4Life monthly walk exercise tomorrow Saturday, December 1, 2018. Meeting point is the field opposite government Lodge, Amawbia by 6am. The route is Amawbia through Nise down to Golden Tulip Agulu Lake Hotel, Agulu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1338) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.