Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,228 members, 7,880,858 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2136006 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:44am On Jan 12, 2021
BeijinDossier:
Grgton, indigenes of your state first saw flyover for the first time in their lives when they migrated to Onitsha for greener pastures. cheesy

This is true because even up till now they are yet to have a flyover in their state. Shameful
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2021
Very good update. Anambra international airport we can't wait to start landing and flying out from here. Anambra leads.

PROUDIGBO:
latest updates of works at the new Anambra int'l airport.

This clip shows best just how massive the airport is going to be, and also shows another construction besides the control tower and terminal we're used to seeing. I'm impressed with what's shown so far.....the level/quality of work done. You can tell by watching just how solid the taxiway/apron is, but i doubt if they can finish this by april! There's still a lot more work left to be done!

Clip courtesy NedMedia: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuYqL0CJ6JmJmfhT3zj5_GA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOytn2waA3k

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by boogietrends: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2021
Update on Anambra airport plus road trip: Abba, Awkuzu, Njete & Umuleri.

Enjoy!
Kindly subscribe to our channel and enable notification, thanks.
smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Freciprocal: 9:10am On Jan 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:14am On Jan 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

This clip shows best just how massive the airport is going to be, and also shows another construction besides the control tower and terminal we're used to seeing. I'm impressed with what's shown so far.....the level/quality of work done. You can tell by watching just how solid the taxiway/apron is, but i doubt if they can finish this by april! There's still a lot more work left to be done!

Clip courtesy NedMedia: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuYqL0CJ6JmJmfhT3zj5_GA

Very good quality project

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:
The gov't should do up the approach road to the airport well.....at least 4 lanes, with trees on either side and carpet grass on the verges. Also, land on either side of the airport road should be reserved for hotels, conference centres, office blocks and aviation logistics and related coys!

I totally subscribe to what you have penned down the type of investments/development to be made on the international airport road. The main airport access road is actually 6 lanes approach road[ from Nteje/Express junction

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

The bolded is so critically important i had to re-emphasize it in this post. I could not visit the airport during my last visit, but i drove past Umuleri/Nteje area. The area is becoming another Onitsha with lots of commercial shops and residential houses coming up. In southeast Asian countries, the heart beat of their economies are their airport cities. The proper use of the areas around the airport determine so much more than local business people using it.

Apart from supporting business and logistics in the entire region, the airport has the potential to massively improve tourism in the region. Hopefully, the state government can sign an MOU with a reputable company like those doing the Awka Millennium city and Onitsha Luxury place to regulate the development around the airport city project, to ensure optimum value of the location for the state. Five star hotels, true shopping malls (Not supermarkets we call malls in Nigeria), residential buildings/ activities, high rise office complexes that will eventually be rented by banks, airlines etc, and other recreational outdoor facilities as amusement parks should be reserved in the area. The area being half way between Awka and Onitsha should be purpose planned and developed as the heart beat of the state.

Once the land around the airport is allowed to be built up with shops and stores like Onitsha, it becomes very difficult to develop what was intended by demolishing structures. Thus, now is the time to ensure the area is secured away from land prospectors whose central strategy is simply to build an open market of lock-up shops there as they do in every other location.

Very insightful piece

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2021
It's not 2 come here and be throwing insults up and down..if u have substantial evidence to back up ur points/arguments do that..after all there's a file space 4 photo attachments.

If u say d roads are bad...bring up pics of these roads with a name tag on it 4 verification.

If u say the roads are wonderful and d best can we have pics pls.

All these arguments like roadside okpa sellers aint necessary.
------_------------_------------_--------------_-----------

A message 2 EEDC..my hometown Abagana feels like we've been cut off from d state's power supply..my few weeks in there felt like hell. We could hardly boast of 3hrs power supply each day...some days we're left in total darkness. It has been like this 4 d past three years in my community. I'm complaining bitterly cause d situation keeps deteriorating every passing day despite bills being paid.

Pls d authorities responsible should do much more better than this.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ngorbungor(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Good job, but you have to be very sure of your numbers before rolling it out to the public, Owerri airport interms of passengers traffic is bigger than that of Kano both international and local put together, and Calabar airport never had passenger traffic more than Owerri airport, infact Owerri is ahead of Kano and Eungu airport interms of passenger traffic. Please try to correct those mistakes in your video, nice job though.

Check FAAN website for more information
https://www.faan.gov.ng/category/airports-statistics/traffic-movement-data/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

The bolded is so critically important i had to re-emphasize it in this post. I could not visit the airport during my last visit, but i drove past Umuleri/Nteje area. The area is becoming another Onitsha with lots of commercial shops and residential houses coming up. In southeast Asian countries, the heart beat of their economies are their airport cities. The proper use of the areas around the airport determine so much more than local business people using it.

Apart from supporting business and logistics in the entire region, the airport has the potential to massively improve tourism in the region. Hopefully, the state government can sign an MOU with a reputable company like those doing the Awka Millennium city and Onitsha Luxury place to regulate the development around the airport city project, to ensure optimum value of the location for the state. Five star hotels, true shopping malls (Not supermarkets we call malls in Nigeria), residential buildings/ activities, high rise office complexes that will eventually be rented by banks, airlines etc, and other recreational outdoor facilities as amusement parks should be reserved in the area. The area being half way between Awka and Onitsha should be purpose planned and developed as the heart beat of the state.

Once the land around the airport is allowed to be built up with shops and stores like Onitsha, it becomes very difficult to develop what was intended by demolishing structures. Thus, now is the time to ensure the area is secured away from land prospectors whose central strategy is simply to build an open market of lock-up shops there as they do in every other location.

This is the difference between a mediocre airport built in government house Agu Awka and one planned. The access road to all major airports built by FAAN are three lanes. The question is where is the three lane road from Awka or Onitsha expressway to the Umuleri airport?

About planning, state roads are by design supposed to be dual lane or at least there should be enough road reserve to eventually build such but not in Anambra and many Eastern states.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
[s]
mktinsight:

This is the difference between a mediocre airport built in government house Agu Awka and one planned. The access road to all major airports built by FAAN are three lanes. The question is where is the three lane road from Awka or Onitsha expressway to the Umuleri airport?

About planning, state roads are by design supposed to be dual lane or at least there should be enough road reserve to eventually build such but not in Anambra and many Eastern states.

[/s]

This mad dog! I have told an ediot like you to stop quoting me. Your time will be used better for your state. To begin with, the airport has 3 main access roads. Two are dual carriage ways. The first and the main one starts at Nteje on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, the second is another dual carriage way leading to the airport from the Awkuzu - Umueri road, and the third access road is the short cut to Onitsha on the Nsugbe - Aguleri road (33 / Nkisi) road

Which "Three lanes" did FAAN build for Enugu, Port Harcourt or Owerri airports? It took pleading from Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and Igbo leaders before Babangida dualized the access road to Enugu International airport. The road to Port Harcourt International airport Omagba was just recently dualized by the Rivers state government under Rotimi Amaechi. The Sam Mbakwe access road has still not been dualized till date!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
You finished the old frustrated mktinsight in that post. Mktinsight should be in a psychiatric home. cheesy

ChimaAdeoye:
[s][/s]

This mad dog! I have told an ediot like you to stop quoting me. your time will be used better for your state. To begin with, the airport has 3 main access roads. Two are dual carriage ways. The first and the main one starts at Nteje onthe Enugu-Onitsha expressway, the second is another dual carriage way leading to the airport from the Awkuzu - Umueri road, and the third access road is the short cut to Onitsha on the Nsugbe - Agulari road (33 / Nkisi) road

Which "Three lanes did FAAN build for Enugu, Port Harcourt or Owerri airports? It took pleading from Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and Igbo leaders before Babangida dualized the access road to Enugu International airport. The road to Port Harcourt International airport Omagba was just recently dualized by the Rivers state government under Rotimi Amaechi. The Sam Mbakwe access road has still not bee dualized till date!

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
Some Skyview images of Nnewi city

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Following wink
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NaijirianKing: 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
[s][/s]

[s]This mad dog! I have told an ediot like you to stop quoting me. Your time will be used better for your state. To begin with, the airport has 3 main access roads. Two are dual carriage ways. The first and the main one starts at Nteje on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, the second is another dual carriage way leading to the airport from the Awkuzu - Umueri road, and the third access road is the short cut to Onitsha on the Nsugbe - Aguleri road (33 / Nkisi) road

Which "Three lanes" did FAAN build for Enugu, Port Harcourt or Owerri airports? It took pleading from Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and Igbo leaders before Babangida dualized the access road to Enugu International airport. The road to Port Harcourt International airport Omagba was just recently dualized by the Rivers state government under Rotimi Amaechi. The Sam Mbakwe access road has still not been dualized till date[/s]!

You are a lying baboon. None of the access roads to umuleri are dual carriageways. There is a video of Nedmedia accessing the airport site from Awkuzu junction. The Awkuzu-Nteje road is a single lane road. Go and get your eyesight examined and your brain too.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
Our drivers drive like who lion dey chase 4 jungle. I mean what's with d speed fgs?!

And i wonder why most roads are without speed bumps. At least if pedestrian walk over can't be built everywhere road bumps should be put in place for some crazy drivers that can't drive like humans.

The major road from Abagana that leads to umudunu, oya agu etc ...especially from St Marks-EnuguAgidi junction where we have d fuel station is another crazy road where u see these crazy drivers exhibiting the wild animal in them.

Our drivers should be cautioned or is it d Onitsha drivers? Those ones smoke something else.

Traffic lights are very important 4 a big commercial city and in d state as a whole.

--------_---------_------------_----------_----------_
Lastly, those of u taking pictures of projects should try taking them with timestamps to avoid fighting dirty with doubting Thomases.
You can download timestamp camera from g.store.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
Cursed useless frustrated old man, there's a 6 lanes dual carriageways leading to the airport. It was shared here sometime last year. You have been rejected by everyone here, leave in peace and go die somewhere in peace. You have been rejected, no one needs your input because it useless, worthless and incoherent.

[s]
mktinsight:

You are a lying baboon. None of the access roads to umuleri are dual carriageways. There is a video of Nedmedia accessing the airport site from Awkuzu junction. The Awkuzu-Nteje road is a single lane road. Go and get your eyesight examined and your brain too.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by GitmoAuditors: 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
Useless hopeless vagabond called mktinsight, here's Obiano in January 2020 inspecting work on the 6-lanes airport road. This is the main airport access road that connects the airport from Onitsha-Awka Expressway. I will get the updated pictures of the airport road that was shared here around July of the same 2020.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AlaIgboRepublic: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
GitmoAuditors:
Very good update. Anambra international airport we can't wait to start landing and flying out from here. Anambra leads.

Well done on the video. Two things. Its a massive site and very good project and best capital project Anambra has ever undertook so all praise is on Obiano for this. The governor should forget about April as it needs a lot of work and let them finish properly. No need to rush as they can complete in march 2022 just before he hands over. He does not need to commission to impress anyone a half done job. Secondly that terminal looks very small. It would be better as you said in the video if that is a cargo terminal as I don't think that can handle the population. Can you imagine at Christmas time? Anyway he has done exceptionally well too start this and will help drive Anambra a step further.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Winning online arguments is not by cussing and slitting each others throats here...u win arguments by providing facts,figures..real pictures to back up ur argument.

The real war will be when u go bring fake false pictures and you get busted.

Pple view this thread everyday..most importantly intellectuals

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2021
Mega2biz:
Some Skyview images of Nnewi city
more from Nnewi

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BastardWike: 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
boogietrends:
Update on Anambra airport plus road trip: Abba, Awkuzu, Njete & Umuleri.

Enjoy!
Kindly subscribe to our channel and enable notification, thanks.
smiley wink

I stopped watching this video when the narrator claimed that Calabar airport is busier and more viable than Owerri airport. Even if you're not informed about airport traffic in Nigeria, why not Google it instead of making a mockery of yourself. You even mentioned Owerri airport and sighed, like it was some crap.

Dude, a simple Google search should have informed you that Owerri airport is by far the fourth busiest in Nigeria, after Lagos, Abuja and P.H in that order. The Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri recorded 47,000 passengers in one month while Calabar airport you ranked above it could manage just 12,000!

If only Imo State governors have been up and doing, and fixed Owerri's roads, the city would have been among the most beautiful in Nigeria. However, that doesn't mean people, especially our fellow Igbos would always try to put it down unnecessarily.

Rubbish!!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ngorbungor(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
BastardWike:

I stopped watching this video when the narrator claimed that Calabar airport is busier and more viable than Owerri airport. Even if you're not informed about airport traffic in Nigeria, why not Google it instead of making a mockery of yourself. You even mentioned Owerri airport and sighed, like it was some crap.

Dude, a simple Google search should have informed you that Owerri airport is by far the fourth busiest in Nigeria, after Lagos, Abuja and P.H in that order. The Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri recorded 47,000 passengers in one month while Calabar airport you ranked above it could manage just 12,000!

If only Imo State governors have been up and doing, and fixed Owerri's roads, the city would have been among the most beautiful in Nigeria. However, that doesn't mean people, especially our fellow Igbos would always try to put it down unnecessarily.

Rubbish!!
Thanks my brother, I also draw his attention to that

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
Lolz
Anambra state airport has 3 access road.
The main access road is the one at umunya/awkuzu axis of Onitsha express road and that's the one that is currently under construction and it's a 6lanes airport road, the main access road is not accessable for now due to the massive construction it's receiving now. while the two others will be 4lanes. The one u saw is not the main access road it's the nteje-Umueri axis and it will be 4lanes, there is also nsugbe-umueri axis road, it's a shortcut for those coming from Onitsha.
Later now you will be claiming u re from Anambra state that you knows everything

Below is the pix and video update of the main Access road as of July/August 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQUcY00MDA

mktinsight:

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
ALL OBIANO NEED TO DO IS MAKE THAT AIRPORT ROAD TEN LANE EXPRESS WAY.

10 IS THE MAGIC NUMBER.

NO POINT DOING 6 LANES, THEN IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WE START TALKING EXPANSION.

DO 10 LANES NOW AND LET US MOVE ON
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 12:09am On Jan 13, 2021
BastardWike:

Rubbish!!

Bros,
I get your pain. I actually watched his video turning the volume to ZERO. I hate hearing nonentities dish out ignorance so confidently. When the least they could do is simply google it!

That boy makes good driveby videos, but he is a dunce! Probably didn't complete primary 6. In one of his videos, he even said Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu sent all Nnewi people to a business school abroad, while simultaneously forced other Igbos to fight and die for Biafra! That is why Nnewi people are good in business but don't care about Biafra like other Igbos! Just imagine the insolence he speaks with confidence!!!

That guy is a compound illiterate and sadly as many of them do, they have no respect for science or facts. They just open their mouths and let their ignorance ooze out. Albeit speaking so confidently that it becomes so annoyingly unbearable to hear his idiocy!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 13, 2021
hammerDK:
ALL OBIANO NEED TO DO IS MAKE THAT AIRPORT ROAD TEN LANE EXPRESS WAY.

10 IS THE MAGIC NUMBER.

NO POINT DOING 6 LANES, THEN IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WE START TALKING EXPANSION.

DO 10 LANES NOW AND LET US MOVE ON

Nope that would be a bad idea in terms of land management. The 6 lane is ok (especially since their are two other access roads) rather provisions should be made for a future fast train track

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:15am On Jan 13, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:17am On Jan 13, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 1:18am On Jan 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1332) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.