Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,781 members, 7,879,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (43396 Views)

NUC Uncovers 100 Fake Professors In Nigerian Universities / Ogungbemi Tolulope, Best Graduating Student UNILAG, Physiotherapy Department / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Bfitconsults: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Statsocial:

Wow Really! Your family is blessed.

Thank you. Hard work and grace goes together.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by GreatrAnalyst: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
Statsocial:

Wow! Pastor Victor was a great revivalist. I love that man too. I think he now pastors a ministry in Rivers State....

Revivalist is the word, you just took it out of my mouth.
He now is in Abuja...in his own ministry.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by manucho: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
I have Apple iPad Mini MF432LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi no sim card) Space Gray colour with its pouch for sale. It's a 7.9-inch LED-backlit Multi-Touch Display; 1024-by-768 Resolution, 5 MP iSight Camera; 1080p HD Video Recording, very good battery life hold charge very very well very very very neat sent from Dubai. You can get back to me on WhatsApp me on 08039320890. Price is 75k but negotiable oooo
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by YemziAdez(m): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:

No, but parents were academics...that's how i know.
Okay.
Thanks
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
ElPadrino33:
Name checkers oya come and do what you know how to do best
this is how it should be not one fuckin public school wer to get ist class War,to graduate issue...overseas things like this are not news cos it's normal....i hp tins change in this black society
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by thesmallgod(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
Lautech do not award B.sc degree but B.Tech
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Fawklicant: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I know a professor of Engineering at 36. he is the current HOD of Engineering in MOUAU, Abia State

We are talking about UNN. Nobody asked you of MOUAU. People should learn to celebrate others sometimes and not try to rain on their parade. It's not a diiick measuring contest.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Antichristus: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
In my view, this is another scam being perpetrated and perpetuated by the Nigerian Church using the academia. Take a look at Roland T Loto's CV on his academia.edu website. ( https://covenantuniversity.academia.edu/RolandLoto/CurriculumVitae ) He pursued his doctorate (Doctor of Technology (DTech), not a PhD - those who know the diffefrence would confirm that PhD ranks higher than other doctorates like EngD/DEng/DTech, etc.) between 2011 and 2014 at the Tshwane University of Technology (not a top South African university). During his doctoral studies he doubled as a teaching assistant - something most doctoral students do. He also picked a lectureship up at Ogun State university ostensibly around 2013 before joining Covenant in 2014. He technically has only 3 years of post doctoral teaching experience and is now a professor? He also has publications in journals adjudged as predatory! Now that begs belief.

Besides, no matter how you dress it up with foreign "awards", I have no respect for BA, MA, PhD - all from the same Covenant university (in the case of one these 'academics'). That again begs belief! I only feel sorry for those studying under the tutelage of these so called professors. Nigeria is irrevocably doomed.

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Antichristus:
In my view, this is another scam being perpetrated and perpetuated by the Nigerian Church using the academia. Take a look at Roland T Loto's CV on his academia.edu website. ( https://covenantuniversity.academia.edu/RolandLoto/CurriculumVitae ) He pursued his doctorate (Doctor of Technology (DTech), not a PhD - those who know the diffefrence would confirm that PhD ranks higher than other doctorates like EngD/DEng/DTech, etc.) between 2011 and 2014 at the Tshwane University of Technology (not a top South African university). During his doctoral studies he doubled as a teaching assistant - something most doctoral students do. He also picked a lectureship up at Ogun State university ostensibly around 2013 before joining Covenant in 2014. He technically has only 3 years of post doctoral teaching experience and is now a professor? He also has publications in journals adjudged as predatory! Now that begs belief.

Besides, no matter how you dress it up with foreign "awards", I have no respect for BA, MA, PhD - all from the same Covenant university (in the case of one these 'academics'). That again begs belief! I only feel sorry for those studying under the tutelage of these so called professors. Nigeria is irrevocably doomed.

I get your point. But i observed that he has published over 40 papers between 2012-2017. That is 40researches in 5years. It is really surprising. Is corrosion studies that easy?
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 22, 2017
Antichristus:

I am replying you with so mush hesitation because your post reeks of complete ignorance and insanity.

What has the Church got to benefit in promoting an "unworthy" lecturer to professorship if it would only shoot up the wage bill of the university

Tshwane university of Tech you just commonised is better than much of the poo you call public universities in Nigeria and is a South African flagship for science and technology research in SA.

The Lecturer you just insulted has over 80 publications-much of which is indexed by Elsevier. You probably know nothing about academia but your years post doctorate qualification shouldn't actually bear much relevance. We have many professors in their 20s or 30s across the globe who continually make exploits.

Lastly Nigeria is only doomed to the extent the govt allow insane folks like you roam the streets.

This is a 2016 Elsevier Global report on Carbon Steel and Corrosion Engineering which the Roland contributed immensely too and Covenant was ranked number 1 globally. Chew on it.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 22, 2017
Antichristus:

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2017
Antichristus:

Remind me again which hell hole you graduated from lol. Covenant is not your fathers mate o. Mention it with respect you sewage drinking pig.

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by kunletexs: 1:06am On Dec 22, 2017
Oga, compr there. Bad mouth. If there are many of them in unn why are they not in the news, rated the best University in the world or country. If you want rep. Start your own and don't come here under someone else post dey yan rubbish.

And for the ones wey go open mouth we are from federal Universities. Private is taken over and for your info. You are loving in past glory.

christejames:
It's nothing spectacular! go to school like UNN and see brain hot young academics in various departments.
Well, since it's like a new thing for Covenant, I felicitate with them.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by kunletexs: 1:14am On Dec 22, 2017
Oga, commot
there. Bad mouth. If there are many of them in unn why are they not in the news, rated the best University in the world or country. If you want rep. Start your own and don't come here under someone else post dey yan rubbish.

And for the ones wey go open mouth we are from federal Universities. Private is taken over and for your info. You are loving in past glory.

christejames:
It's nothing spectacular! go to school like UNN and see brain hot young academics in various departments.
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by toye440: 5:35am On Dec 22, 2017
Krafty006:
wonderful...contact me for all kinds of boots. ( call/ watsapp) 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
love d second one but dont know ur price yet.
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Krafty006: 6:46am On Dec 22, 2017
toye440:

love d second one but dont know ur price yet.
call or send a msg via watsapp
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by lereinter(m): 6:46am On Dec 22, 2017
christejames:

are the young hot academics prof

which govt uni will do this

all those old jealous prof in govt uni that dont even want young chaps to finish their Phd in time

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by jaychubi: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2017
This is not news nw we have many Nigerian professors in their 30s even some unmarried.

Wake me when we have some in their 20s
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by zoedew: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2017
Proof.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by zoedew: 8:30am On Dec 22, 2017
jaychubi:
This is not news nw we have many Nigerian professors in their 30s even some unmarried.

Wake me when we have some in their 20s

You missed the point.
1. A private university only about a decade old produced them. That, in itself, is some feat to be applauded and recognized.
2. They are largely homegrown especially the third University Don whose academic degrees up to Ph.d were all taken from the Covenant University and received recognition from Princeton, US State Department et al!
3. Celebrate excellence.

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by zoedew: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2017
kraftyiyk:
Nice move, but whatever that will reduce the tuition fees a bit would have been of more benefit to the ordinary tithe payers in the streets.my opinion though.

I was thinking of how much it costs to attend the best Universities in the world and the price those universities pay to stay the best of the lot.
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by zoedew: 9:14am On Dec 22, 2017
wink2015:
We so much believe in BIG NAMES IN NIGERIA

But without brain to manufacture aeroplane, ships, rocket, etc

We are only good at big names.

ERUDITE PROFESSOR IN NIGERIA are not adding value to make Nigeria great.

We only have individual big name older both old and young professors

Nigeria is a cause!

You do not appear to understand and appreciate the accepted fact that our political leadership issues are responsible for the lack of convergence of the public and the ivory tower.
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Antichristus: 10:36am On Dec 22, 2017
The extent to which Nigeria has truly become irreparably doomed is demonstrated here. Nigerians cannot engage in logical argument without resorting to argumentative ad hominem. With bachelors, masters and PhD from UK Russell Group Universities and currently an academic in one of them, I know the facts about that which I am commenting upon. As far as I know, there is no one single academic in Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Harvard, Yale, who in the past 5 years published 40 academic papers. Not in dodgy journals Nigerians publish in. The peer-review process itself doesn't lend itself to this possibility. Investigate this and prove me wrong and I would swallow my own words. I maintain this guy published largely (not exclusively) in pay-to-publish, open access, predatory journals.

Mr Loto commenced DTech in January 2011. Prior to this, he wasn’t even an academic. His total academic career (including as a doctoral candidate) amounted to 6 years (3 years as post-doc) and published largely in predatory journals, and now a professor? Professor my foot! I’ve met many Nigerian academics at conferences who flew across from the other side of the globe to make 20minutes worthless presentations for which UK graduate students would be grilled and roasted to death, and possibly advised to withdraw from the graduate school.

When the citizenry is systematically denied sound, solid education, over time, what you get is certificated yet uneducated folks. No wonder Nigerian students who came here to study and have seen the light refuse to return as they do not wish to compete with folks ‘publishing’ 20 papers a year in predatory journals.

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Antichristus: 10:40am On Dec 22, 2017
Statsocial:

I am replying you with so mush hesitation because your post reeks of complete ignorance and insanity.

What has the Church got to benefit in promoting an "unworthy" lecturer to professorship if it would only shoot up the wage bill of the university

Tshwane university of Tech you just commonised is better than much of the poo you call public universities in Nigeria and is a South African flagship for science and technology research in SA.

The Lecturer you just insulted has over 80 publications-much of which is indexed by Elsevier. You probably know nothing about academia but your years post doctorate qualification shouldn't actually bear much relevance. We have many professors in their 20s or 30s across the globe who continually make exploits.

Lastly Nigeria is only doomed to the extent the govt allow insane folks like you roam the streets.

This is a 2016 Elsevier Global report on Carbon Steel and Corrosion Engineering which the Roland contributed immensely too and Covenant was ranked number 1 globally. Chew on it.

Ignorance is, in deed, bliss.
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by jaychubi: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
zoedew:

You missed the point.
1. A private university only about a decade old produced them. That, in itself, is some feat to be applauded and recognized.
2. They are largely homegrown especially the third University Don whose academic degrees up to Ph.d were all taken from the Covenant University and received recognition from Princeton, US State Department et al!
3. Celebrate excellence.

Being from a private university makes it cheap bc the criteria for professorial assessment varies from university to university. Prof soludo was a prof @ 36 in unn. the three may not qualify for professorship in any federal university jst one rule, your PhD Must be 12 years before professorship in all federal unis. none of those guys have 12 yrs post PhD grin grin grin grin you see why its cheap.

professorship is not abt being a wizard in Nigeria there are years to observe and rules to follow even if you have 1000 publications in elsevier and thomson reuter high impact factor Journals once u dont have 12 yrs post PhD u wont even be assessed
Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by zoedew: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2017
jaychubi:

Being from a private university makes it cheap bc the criteria for professorial assessment varies from university to university. Prof soludo was a prof @ 36 in unn. the three may not qualify for professorship in any federal university jst one rule, your PhD Must be 12 years before professorship in all federal unis. none of those guys have 12 yrs post PhD grin grin grin grin you see why its cheap.

professorship is not abt being a wizard in Nigeria there are years to observe and rules to follow even if you have 1000 publications in elsevier and thomson reuter high impact factor Journals once u dont have 12 yrs post PhD u wont even be assessed

Your 12 year rule before assessment for Professorship is one reason not much progress is visible in our ivory towers. That is not today. Doing the same thing the same way forever will guarantee stagnancy and ultimately regression. You will look very hard to find Professors in the Federal and State Universities who at such age had the exposure those three have packed into their young age. It is for good. As an aside look at our Supreme Court where the North of Nigeria have held sway for decades now simply by ensuring their Judges get to the high court at a young age. Do you get my drift?

1 Like

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by DangotePikin: 12:30am On Dec 23, 2017
Statsocial:

Yeah Ada is amazing. I remembered she succeeded pastor Victor then and she did a great job as chaplain. I suspect the church/oyedepo could appoint her Vice Chancellor in a few years time irrespective of her age. That's if some foreign school doesn't hijack her before then.

Bishop Oyedepo truly believes in young people and i think it is reflected in the university's willingness to promote young people to the professorate and the fact that many of the directorates are headed by young people as is done in saner climes. However he doesn't have a say on who gets promoted or not. That is done by a group of Professors led by the Registrar. There are also other external assessments involved.
its like she is the first alumni to become a professor.

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 23, 2017
Antichristus:
The extent to which Nigeria has truly become irreparably doomed is demonstrated here. Nigerians cannot engage in logical argument without resorting to argumentative ad hominem. With bachelors, masters and PhD from UK Russell Group Universities and currently an academic in one of them, I know the facts about that which I am commenting upon. As far as I know, there is no one single academic in Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Harvard, Yale, who in the past 5 years published 40 academic papers. Not in dodgy journals Nigerians publish in. The peer-review process itself doesn't lend itself to this possibility. Investigate this and prove me wrong and I would swallow my own words. I maintain this guy published largely (not exclusively) in pay-to-publish, open access, predatory journals.

Mr Loto commenced DTech in January 2011. Prior to this, he wasn’t even an academic. His total academic career (including as a doctoral candidate) amounted to 6 years (3 years as post-doc) and published largely in predatory journals, and now a professor? Professor my foot! I’ve met many Nigerian academics at conferences who flew across from the other side of the globe to make 20minutes worthless presentations for which UK graduate students would be grilled and roasted to death, and possibly advised to withdraw from the graduate school.

When the citizenry is systematically denied sound, solid education, over time, what you get is certificated yet uneducated folks. No wonder Nigerian students who came here to study and have seen the light refuse to return as they do not wish to compete with folks ‘publishing’ 20 papers a year in predatory journals.

Stfu I can show you at least 10 Harvard Academics that have produced over 500 Research Publications within the past five years. Mellisa Franklin an Harvard Professor as at 2016 had over 530 publications between 2012 - 2017. So what nonsense are you saying?

I am no corrosion engineer but I know this loto guy has 25+ score point on researchgate which most Nigerian Vice Chancellors can't even boast of. I would advice you to check the calibre of universities he is cited by on the same researchgate before spewing trash on here.

Lastly, Covenant has nothing to gain promoting a worthless candidate who isn't even a graduate of the school to the professorate plus professorship can only be presented by a University. It is external accessor's who eventually determine.

In case you don't know the entire global academia is campaigning for open access policies. Covenant adopted open access in 2011 alongside Uni of Jos and was celebrated by UNESCO. You have no point so just shut da hell up you aren't talking to a novice here.
http://www.unesco.org/new/en/communication-and-information/portals-and-platforms/goap/access-by-region/africa/nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2017
DangotePikin:
its like she is the first alumni to become a professor.
yes

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2017
jaychubi:

And are this rules prevalent in saner climes. People already get their professorate as early as their 20s in Developed Societies. You probably should seek to know why abnormal rules are put in place. Public universities in Nigeria are quite fiscally poor that they might be terrified of shooting up the wage bill grin Covenant on the other hand is quite very wealthy and can afford to promote as many Lecturers are as meriting it. Which is evidenced by 56 lecturers being promoted to professorship at the same time.

Mind you, only a private university heading for the rocks would model herself after a public university in Nigeria. Covenant has stated clearly and repeatedly that it does not benchmark itself after any Nigerian University. We are the New Generational Harvard! wink

2 Likes

Re: Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s by chicoMX(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I know a professor of Engineering at 36. he is the current HOD of Engineering in MOUAU, Abia State

Which department sir? I school at MOUAU, Electrical engineering to be precise. The youngest prof I've ever seen is Prof Lawrence Oborkhale. (He should be in his late 40s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My 3-Year-Old Son Can't Read Or Write Letters, Please Help / Dirty Toilets At Unilag Hostels / Nigerian Cadets Punished For Sleeping In Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.