Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb (4689 Views)

The Transformation From 100L To 400L Of Two Ladies That Got People Talking / Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
yeah. I got admitted into the department of agricultural engineering in futo in 2014 and I will be in 400 level by January next year but the problem is that I can't continue because I never loved the department from the start.

i am having nightmares and feel very sad anytime I remember that I will be graduating as an agricultural engineer but I wanted to study electrical and electronics engineering.

initially I thought that I could manage the course and maybe change department in my 200l but things didn't go as planned. I have seen that the course I am doing is intolerable to my nature and at this point I can't continue with it.

I am seriously considering to write jamb next year and study Mechatronics but I know that my parents will be mad at me and disappointed. but this is my future and I don't see how Beng in agricultural engineering will help my life.

So please do you think that it is a good idea for me to start from the beginning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by MrRemedy(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
[i]Why did you apply for it in the first place

I don't know what is wrong with you niggas with wrong decision making.[/
i]

Nevertheless, follow your mind don't follow the crowd.
wink

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by ipobarecriminals: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
undecided complete ur course and leave.U can still fi back for ur Msc..Dnt waste ur parents money.Be wise

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
MrRemedy:
[i]Why did you apply for it in the first place

I don't know what is wrong with you niggas with wrong decision making.[/
i]

Nevertheless, follow your mind don't follow the crowd.
wink

that was my first jamb and I thought that I might change department during the process. I was very young and didn't know what I want but now I want to take the bold step and correct my mistake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Nne5: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
I don't see how Beng in agricultural engineering will help my life.

What exactly do you mean by you don't see how agricultural engineering will help your life?
You're already in 4th yr,by now you should've known that in naija it doesn't matter what you study.

Bro,agricultural engineering will 'help your life' in Nigeria even more than the EE you want to study.

I'd advice you continue with the course because it doesn't matter what you study in sch these days especially in Nigeria.

Goodluck to you.
Modified: I know exactly why I keep emphasizing on 'in Nigeria'

10 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
Nne5:

What exactly do you mean by you don't see how agricultural engineering will help your life?
You're already in 4th yr,by now you should've known that in naija it doesn't matter what you study.

Bro,agricultural engineering will 'help your life' in Nigeria even more than the EE you want to study.

I'd advice you continue with the course because it doesn't matter what you study in sch these days especially in Nigeria.

Goodluck to you.

thanks
Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by quinnboy: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
wait a minute .....I'm back reading your post. first of all who or what's giving you the guarantee that the EE you want to go back to will/can help your life better than what you have at hand? secondly bro...what you studied doesn't really matter oh..besides how old are you? if you are above 25 I take God beg you just complete your current program and move on.....coz you might end up being 34 years before you complete your EE programme thereby putting you in a disadvantage......Think am well oh. wish you best buddy.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
quinnboy:
wait a minute
is that your advice?
Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by intjgirl(f): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
I think you should finish the degree and if you still want to apply for EE. Then you buy direct entry form.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Desyner: 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
Is it possible that Op goes for PGD in EE then make a final switch in Master program.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Oye0404(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
Guy pls don't quit ur current program, nothing is certain in Nigeria.. wat makes EE better than ur current course
U can as well do some professional courses to beef up ur CV, all d best man, nd once again **DON'T QUIT NOW**n

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
explorer250:
yeah. I got admitted into the department of agricultural engineering in futo in 2014 and I will be in 400 level by January next year but the problem is that I can't continue because I never loved the department from the start.

i am having nightmares and feel very sad anytime I remember that I will be graduating as an agricultural engineer but I wanted to study electrical and electronics engineering.

initially I thought that I could manage the course and maybe change department in my 200l but things didn't go as planned. I have seen that the course I am doing is intolerable to my nature and at this point I can't continue with it.

I am seriously considering to write jamb next year and study Mechatronics but I know that my parents will be mad at me and disappointed. but this is my future and I don't see how Beng in agricultural engineering will help my life.

So please do you think that it is a good idea for me to start from the beginning?
keep wasting away your life.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
quinnboy:
wait a minute .....I'm back reading your post. first of all who or what's giving you the guarantee that the EE you want to go back to will/can help your life better than what you have at hand? secondly bro...what you studied doesn't really matter oh..besides how old are you? if you are above 25 I take God beg you just complete your current program and move on.....coz you might end up being 34 years before you complete your EE programme thereby putting you in a disadvantage......Think am well oh. wish you best buddy.

I will be 21 by October next year. I want to study Mechatronics engineering and do my masters abroad. nothing about agric eng. interests me. I am good in web design and programming(python and java). all my life I have always be drawn to core engineering and honestly I don't see myself completing my current program.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
explorer250:

I will be 21 by October next year. I want to study Mechatronics engineering and do my masters abroad. nothing about agric eng. interests me. I am good in web design and programming(python and java). all my life I have always be drawn to core engineering and honestly I don't see myself completing my current program.

Bro, I was in this condition this time last year. I’m a student of Food Science and Tech, I never liked the course from day one, but had to take it cuz everyone(incl. family) “pushed” me. I know of the sleepless nights, the crying, and the depression. All these things controlled my life until I took another Jamb, even my friends laugh at me whenever I mention the possible switching. And oh! I’m in 300L

From when I saw my Jamb result to this day, I’ve been on a self-imposed leave(scary and dangerous, yep!); I’ve dedicated everyday from that day to better my programming skills(even got a job)
I was only on Campus to teach CSC202(Java Course) and that gave me so much joy.

Two weeks ago or so I finally got admitted to a course I recently realized that suits me.And By the second week of January 2018, I’ll be starting afresh(and at a laughable age).

These people can’t (and hopefully won’t) know how you feel presently. Block them out. Take a moment to visualize if you would be doing the right thing to start afresh. Then decide for yourself.

12 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by hidhrhis(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
just finish with Ur 400l and apply for another jamb at least u will have one certificate b4 pursuing another

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
MasterEmmanu3l:

Bro, I was in this condition this time last year. I’m a student of Food Science and Tech. I know of the sleepless nights, the crying, and the depression. All these things controlled my life until I took another Jamb, even my friends look at me whenever I mention the possible switching. And oh! I’m in 300L

Two weeks ago or so I finally got admitted to a course I recently realized that suits me. By the second week of January 2018, I’ll be starting afresh and at a laughable age.

These people can’t (and hopefully won’t) know how you feel presently. Block them out. Take a moment to visualize if you would be doing the right thing to start afresh. Then decide for yourself.

Bros. you are the only one that understands how I feel. I think I have already made up my mind to write jamb this next year. I know that I will make it in Mechatronics because I am very skilled and an asset. Mechatronics will buy me more time and give me the right opportunity to develop myself the more. my only problem is how to confront my parents about it but I know that I still do it no matter their decision. the only thing that can stop me is if I don't get admission into Mechatronics after taking this jamb.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
hidhrhis:
just finish with Ur 400l and apply for another jamb at least u will have one certificate b4 pursuing another

futo is 5yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by kennyjam: 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
explorer250:

OP, this is my cent, Passion is all. but i will advice you to make an inquiry if you can apply D.E or 300L special admission with ur degree on completion to EEE in ur school. if possible, complete this ur current programme and use it to get ur EEE.

All the best bro.

by the way, pls i want something you have, the Python coding knowledge, i have issues which have halted my advancement. how do i contact u pls so we can chat on whatsapp

thanks!

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by hidhrhis(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
MasterEmmanu3l:

Bro, I was in this condition this time last year. I’m a student of Food Science and Tech, I never liked the course from day one, but had to take it cuz everyone(incl. family) “pushed” me. I know of the sleepless nights, the crying, and the depression. All these things controlled my life until I took another Jamb, even my friends look at me whenever I mention the possible switching. And oh! I’m in 300L

From when I saw my Jamb result to this day, I took a self-imposed leave(scary and dangerous, yep!); I’ve dedicated everyday from that day to better my programming skills(even got a job)
I was only on Campus to teach CSC202(Java Course) and that gave me so much joy.

Two weeks ago or so I finally got admitted to a course I recently realized that suits me.And By the second week of January 2018, I’ll be starting afresh(and at a laughable age).

the guy will be in 400 level by january,u suppose to tell him to finish what he started before doing another....
do u know how sweet it is to have 2 certificate at the age of 25 or 26?
besides Nigeria doesn't deal with Ur course they deal with what u can do that's why u see a Yoruba graduate working in a bank

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by lovely17(m): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
I'm also making this same decision as you
Sit up and graduate collect direct entry form into 200l
I just pray you haven't messed up your grades

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by chipsypop(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
shocked cool cool
explorer250:

shocked
explorer250:

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by hidhrhis(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
do u know why I want u to graduate first b4 pursuing another?
Xame thing happened to me 2 yrs ago
I was very young then I never knew much abt universities being d only son so I chose Funaab in jamb,wasn't admitted had to apply in one state uni and I was given accounting education but I wasn't happy with the course because my thinking was that I will become a teacher in the future so I collected another jamb the following year scored 213 and 59.63 in post jamb wen d cut off was 62 so I wasn't admitted
had to continue with d acct edu so think very well before u make Ur decision,talk to Ur parent before taking any step cos with Ur age I don't think u are d one paying Ur sch fees

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
hidhrhis:
do u know why I want u to graduate first b4 pursuing another?
Xame thing happened to me 2 yrs ago
I was very young then I never knew much abt universities being d only son so I chose Funaab in jamb,wasn't admitted had to apply in one state uni and I was given accounting education but I wasn't happy with the course because my thinking was that I will become a teacher in the future so I collected another jamb the following year scored 213 and 59.63 in post jamb wen d cut off was 62 so I wasn't admitted
had to continue with d acct edu so think very well before u make Ur decision,talk to Ur parent before taking any step cos with Ur age I don't think u are d one paying Ur sch fees

I am not quitting school. just want to write jamb and starts afresh in the department I want. if I don't get admission I will simply continue with my AGE.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by hidhrhis(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
explorer250:

I am not quitting school. just want to write jamb and starts afresh in the department I want. if I don't get admission I will simply continue with my AGE.
okay wish u d best

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 23, 2017
explorer250:

u talk like ur sure ur future is guaranteed wen u do EE. jst do ur AGE and leave school.dnt deceive urself. ds is Nigeria n d course u do doesn't mata

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by encryptjay(m): 2:25am On Dec 23, 2017
Follow your heart and try and make inquiries if an inter faculty transfer is possible.
It's very hard liking a course you believe won't improve you in any way. You wear the shoe and you know where it hurts.
It's imperative you are happy with yourself.
But try and finish up and make inquiries about running a PGD in EE.
I'm glad you'll continue with the course as you apply JAMB.
You're young and you know what you want for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 23, 2017
hidhrhis:

the guy will be in 400 level by january,u suppose to tell him to finish what he started before doing another....
do u know how sweet it is to have 2 certificate at the age of 25 or 26?
besides Nigeria doesn't deal with Ur course they deal with what u can do that's why u see a Yoruba graduate working in a bank

We can’t make his decision for him. Tell him points and let him decide for himself.

I ought to be in 400L by Feb. myself, instead I’ll be starting afresh.

I may not know how depressed he is, but in my case, I couldn’t bare being in my departmental classes. I couldn’t even relate well with my colleagues(and in return, out of ignorance, they tagged me “Mr. Pride”).

Sure, he can go for two certificates at the end of the day. It only depends on him.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2017
MasterEmmanu3l:

We can’t make his decision for him. Tell him points and let him decide for himself.

I ought to be in 400L by Feb. myself, instead I’ll be starting afresh.

I may not know how depressed he is, but in my case, I couldn’t bare being in my departmental classes. I couldn’t even relate well with my colleagues(and in return, out of ignorance, they tagged me “Mr. Pride”).

Sure, he can go for two certificates at the end of the day. It only depends on him.

just like me! I don't relate with people in my department and I only roll with people in mechanical, electrical and Mechatronics. my soul is just not in agric Engr. my eyes opened after my 300l because futo starts departmentals fully on 300l. I was learning about crop and animals and I was very annoyed because I can't imagine learning things like that which offends my spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by kennyjam: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2017
explorer250:

just like me! I don't relate with people in my department and I only roll with people in mechanical, electrical and Mechatronics. my soul is just not in agric Engr. my eyes opened after my 300l because futo starts departmentals fully on 300l. I was learning about crop and animals and I was very annoyed because I can't imagine learning things like that which offends my spirit.

OP, you havent said anything about my second paragraph.. should I PM you?
By the way, I study Mechanical Engineering.

let me pm u.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by explorer250(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2017
kennyjam:

OP, you havent said anything about my second paragraph.. should I PM you?
By the way, I study Mechanical Engineering.

let me pm u.

no need I am not on WhatsApp or any other social media for now because I have to make out time for my jamb stuff and my departmental. Mechatronics is currently cutting 270 in futo and I need to make 280 and above in this coming jamb.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by Meel: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2017
explorer250:

Hmm , ask yourself this question what do you really want??

Are you in school for passion or for financial success. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years ( An Engr , business mogul e.t.c).

We go to school for different reasons , most for financial success, some to fulfill all righteousness of being a graduate, some due to parental pressure.

What is really your goal??

I might be wrong, but if you think being an Mechatronics Engr equates to financial success, you are on a long thing( for dis naija). But if your parent are well grounded financially and can sponsor you to get all professional qualification after grad, then go for it.
But if na hustle you wan hustle for naija, baba continue with your AGEng.

Lemme use my self as example, my first Jamb I choose unilorin, Med and sug, but I was denied admission. The following year, I chose Lautech Med Lab, I was give agric science.
When I knew that what I really want in life is to be financially buoyant, I went for my animal science. During my stay in Lautech, we were on strike for 2 years, I had to cross to a private Uni to follow my passion Med Lab. Even though am studying the course I really want, I am not deluded by the fact that am in Nigeria, where the course you studied doesn't matter. You can study Yoruba and be successful.

Let assume you get the admission next year, by 21, adding 6-7 years to your age , that is close to 30 bro. You have not done masters, no certification , no work experience, just B.eng. Most firms today prefer younger bloods to old grad.

Weigh your options bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advice. In 400l And Considering To Write Jamb by kennyjam: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2017
explorer250:

no need I am not on WhatsApp or any other social media for now because I have to make out time for my jamb stuff and my departmental. Mechatronics is currently cutting 270 in futo and I need to make 280 and above in this coming jamb.

What materials will you recommend for a python beginner that will fastrack his/her learning?though i have gotten some, but enough is not bad.

Okay, good. but dont still relent on ur present course, do both study simultaneously.
Wish you the best in your prospect!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State And Federal Universities Currently Admitting Students / Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically / Meet Super Endowed Slay Queen Who Is Also A Practicing Lawyer (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.