Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,245 members, 7,897,294 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:31 AM

Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? (1005 Views)

2d Drafting & 3d Modeling With Autodesk Inventor For Design Engineers / FREE STAAD PRO Connect Edition Tutorial - for Structural Engineers in nigeria / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 12:10am On Dec 23, 2017
I mean, I am talking of those who design user products and other things, analyse them and then send to the parent firms for review? Engineers who work in various fields that have to do with design.

I am talking of designers in the league of people like Henrik Fisker, Franz von Holzhausen etc. or people who have passion for design using various CAD tools at their disposals. Something similar to what those on GrabCAD do.

cc xfire, xdos, netotse, madcow1, deepwater, ezme
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Socratez20(m): 1:07am On Dec 24, 2017
Of course there are, I have seen some and I'm striving to become one.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by xdos(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
There may be but I dont know. We do have more of maintenance Engineers sha.
That is the reason I have issues with NSE/COREN. All they do is task members for monthly dues.
NLNG bonny is making plan for Train 7 FID. The project ofcourse would be designed by foreigners. The same for Onitsha flyover et al.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2017
Socratez20:
Of course there are, I have seen some and I'm striving to become one.
Of course, I am trying to become one too. I haven't seen except for freelancers.

xdos:
That is the reason I have issues with NSE/COREN. All they do is task members for monthly dues.
NLNG bonny is making plan for Train 7 FID. The project ofcourse would be designed by foreigners. The same for Onitsha flyover et al.
Maintenance Engineers? Yeah! We get am plenty.

NSE/COREN, right on the money.

Is there a way of getting involved with the designers in the NLNG Bonny ish? I am seriously interested. But really, it is sad that most times, we have to invite foreigners to help us.

I asked because I have been thinking that it is time Innoson gets a designer to help him design cars from scratch.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by xdos(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
Innoson must have a designer na. How can such a big company not have one?
Feraz:

I asked because I have been thinking that it is time Innoson gets a designer to help him design cars from scratch.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
xdos:
Innoson must have a designer na. How can such a big company not have one?
Well, maybe he does or prolly outsources! Anyway, I was hoping maybe those interested in design would start looking this way and help designing our machines and other engineering equipment.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by tollywhistle(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
Its a shame cos its an area that we are deficient. Most so called engineers ( design aside) are not even good at what dey do and do no strive to be better. The good and sharp minds majorly are not in an organization that encourage designs. Most so called designs are mere repetition of previously perfected ones save little alterations.
Being a consuming nation certainly doesn't help matters and on d issue of NSE/COREN they are more concerned about annual levy.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
tollywhistle:
Its a shame cos its an area that we are deficient. Most so called engineers ( design aside) are not even good at what dey do and do no strive to be better. The good and sharp minds majorly are not in an organization that encourage designs. Most so called designs are mere repetition of previously perfected ones save little alterations.
Being a consuming nation certainly doesn't help matters and on d issue of NSE/COREN they are more concerned about annual levy.
How can we get better when real life scenarios aren't presented most times? How can we grow when we are not an industrialized nation? We can only improve by partaking in issues where there's competition, say a design competition like the just concluded Hyperloop design for cities where you live or you see something nice and you try replicating it after studying extensively etc.
Re: Are There Design Engineers In Nigeria? by Feraz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
xdos:
Here is where you talked about it. So I happened to read up a bit on it.

As for employing Nigerians, I am very skeptical about that given how nepotism is the order of the day and people do not hear about these vacancies or entry level jobs for projects like this.

Finally, I am very much interested in working there if opportunity presents itself provided I am qualified.

CC deepwater

(1) (Reply)

Best Resume Format 2018 That Will Open Doors For Interviews And Jobs / PLS GUYS xray Spring Bank ,work codits and pay ? / Have You Heard About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.