Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada (996 Views)

Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by limitless777(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
The King of Akan , located in the village of Adansi Aboabo in Ghana, Eric Manu, has returned to Canada to resume his job as a gardener in order to raise money to provide health care for his subjects .

Manu became king when his 67- year - old uncle , Dat , passed away in 2016 .
After living in Canada for three years with his wife and son, he had moved back to his town in southern Ghana to take up his birthright .

He told CTV News, “ It’ s a huge experience . You have to embrace it with passion.
“ It’ s something of my heritage , my culture , and traditions .”

But now , Manu has returned to the North American country to take his old job back .
Moving back to the British Columbia area of Canada, he has returned to landscaping and gardening in the town in a bid to raise cash for his 6 , 000 people .

Manu said , “Sometimes , we go to the (job ) site and they say , ‘ You are the chief. I saw you on TV .
“ Why are you doing the landscaping ?’
“ This is humility, you understand ? Anytime I’ m in Canada, I’ m proud to work for my boss .”

When Manu first moved, his boss , Susan Watson, started a foundation called ‘ To The Moon and Back ’ , which sent the young king off with a shipment full of school supplies , clothing , laptops and medical supplies .

Watson, the owner of The Landscape Consultants, travelled to Ghana for the ceremony and said , “They ’ re beautiful inside and out and they have absolutely nothing .
“ And you ( Manu) came home here and most of us are miserable and we want something more . ”

The money Manu hopes to raise from his several months ’ stay in Canada will be invested in improving health care , with the aim of returning with another shipment of equipment .

Miss Watson added , “The whole village was quite poor . The clinic only has a midwife and a few nurses. There was no doctor on site .”
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by limitless777(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by SalamRushdie: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Yet Nigerian monarch getting millions of dollars yearly in free oil funds all just to buy roll royce horses and marry more wives

1 Like

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by hatchy(f): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2017
Its all Buhari's fault.

Since be became President, too many odd things happening.

God save us from this Dullardhin.

2 Likes

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Pavore9: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
hatchy:
Its all Buhari's fault.

Since be became President, too many odd happenings.

God save us from this Dullardhin.

Yes o, Buhari is the President of Ghana!
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by hatchy(f): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Yes o, Buhari is the President of Ghana!
Don't you know that his bad luck spreads all over West Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by Pavore9: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
hatchy:
Don't you know that his bad luck spreads all over West Africa.

Don't play smart, you already assumed it was a Nigerian story! Learn to read before commenting!
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by hatchy(f): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pavore9:

Don't play smart, you already assumed it was a Nigerian story! Learn to read before commenting!
Thank you for your advice professor, but I did read the story before my comment, OK.
So keep your advice to yourself till next year when you will badly need it.
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by GeneralOjukwu: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
once a house nigger. ..always one !
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by chillychill(f): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Yet Nigerian monarch getting millions of dollars yearly in free oil funds all just to buy roll royce horses and marry more wives

Y re u saying what I have inside my mind na [ undecided
Re: West African Monarch Works As Gardener In Canada by greatsly: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
The King should stay back in his domain, and think of home grown solution to the plight of his people.
why run back to his slave masters at the sight of a challenge. he should be king enough to come back home and build with his people.
or he can not live the comfort of Canada and come stay in a village? how long will he keep running up and down.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Assail Policemen In Logo LGA In Benue State / Arise O'Compayouths..#ariseocompayouths #ourmumudondo / Exposed: Why Chidi Ajaegbu Dumped APC For APGA ...may Rejoin PDP Before 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.