Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,399 members, 7,891,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion (961 Views)

IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike / Strike Call-off: Ngige, Ibe Kachikwu Sign Agreements With Pengassan(photos) / PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
Why are nigerians choosing to ignore PENGASSAN and instead focusing on the gov't.

All this scarcity was initiated becos d grp went on a day strike, but frm when they release word dat they might go on strike, dats when the scarcity started

Y do they hav to go on dat strike in Dec is the Question. And would the union undo all this sufferings they've made Nigerians go thru since their demands are met?

The announcement by PENGASSAN to proceed on strike is believed to have worsened the fuel scarcity across the country as marketers hoarded the product in anticipation of the strike and petrol users resorted to panic buying.

The fuel scarcity across the country has resulted in price increase by filling stations in some states.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252906-fuel-scarcity-pengassan-suspended-strike.html

cc;
Myndd44
wristbangle
Lalasticlala
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by HARDDON: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
if govt was living up to her responsibilities, there wouldnt be so many disgruntled elements on its wings

the way this apc lead government is always on the defensive when issues bothering on its magnanimous failure is raised, gives a cause for concern.
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
No, we should blame GEJ

This is the hallmark of a failure.

Whatever happened to accountability, whatever happened to responsibility

Pathological hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DieBuhari: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
Buhari Defence Force

2 Likes

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by littlewonders: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
Pls let's make it 1k per litre. So we can happily know the rich when they pass and attack them like cannibals.
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by lukecent: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2017
Op, is PENGASSAN a republic of their own or under Federal Republic of Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
HARDDON:
if govt was living up to her responsibilities, there wouldnt be so many disgruntled elements on its wings

But pengassan is not a wing of the gov't.
And my beef with them is why do they have to pick january to embark on the strike action.
Did bank union went on strike cos bank workers were sacked?

The leadership of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has asked Nigerians to stockpile enough petroleum products that will last them throughout the upcoming festive period, saying except the government intervene in the unfriendly Labour practices going on in the oil and gas sector, it will call out its members for a nationwide strike with effect from Monday, December 18, 2017

In a statement made available to The Nation in Abuja signed by the General Secretary, Lumumba Okugbawa, the union singled out one of the companies operating in the Sector, Neconde Energy Ltd (of Nestoil Group of companies) as one of the companies that has entrenched unfriendly Labour practices in contravention of the nation’s Labour laws.

It accused the company of failing to remit taxes and pensions deducted from workers to government, while boasting that no government official can call it to order, adding that workers who decided to join unions are treated as slaves in their own country and dismissed from work”

The union is asking the government to compel the company to recalled all sacked workers within seven days and stick to the nation’s Labour laws, adding that failure to do that, the union will have no other option than to call out its members on a nationwide indefinite strike action.

The union said that the strike action will lead to shutting down all oil and gas installations, including disruptions to fuel supply and distribution, adding that the

company has not only conducted itself as being above the provisions of extant laws and regulations guiding the operations of oil and gas companies in Nigeria, but has also severally boasted that no government agency can call it to order.

The statement said: “The Association recalls her communique issued at the end of the National Executive Counci
http://thenationonlineng.net/pengassan-threatens-embark-nationwide-strike/

1 Like

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by Oche211(m): 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
From whatever angle or point that you look at this issue, you'll sure arrive at only one conclusion, point or destination and that is, THE GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED WOEFULLY in her responsibility.
If the system is working, there won't even be anything like STRIKE in the first place.
So let the government quit the blame game nd clean up her mess.
Nigerians don't deserve this suffering and hardship.
Period...
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by HARDDON: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
DaudaAbu:

But pengassan is not a wing of the gov't.
And my beef with them is why do they have to pick january to embark on the strike action.
Did bank union went on strike cos bank workers were sacked?

http://thenationonlineng.net/pengassan-threatens-embark-nationwide-strike/

your question is logically untenable, legally indefensible and morally unacceptable.

They are not the only ones that have embarked on strike this festive period. ASUU just got out, Nasu is still on... a lot of arms and elements are disgruntled. Govt is a gargantuan failure.

No major projects, a lot are been laid off, yet like the ostrich, it buries its head in the sand.

1 Like

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
Oche211:
From whatever angle or point that you look at this issue, you'll sure arrive at only one conclusion, point or destination and that is, THE GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED WOEFULLY in her responsibility.
If the system is working, there won't even be anything like STRIKE in the first place.
So let the government quit the blame game nd clean up her mess.
Nigerians don't deserve this suffering and hardship.
Period...

i am not supporting the gov't neither is the statement made by the gov't .

I am jst voicing my opinion as someone affected by the fuel scarcity.

Why should the action of a certain grp affect the entire country?
the gov't has failed us definitely but must we also bring up issues dat will further the suffering of fellow citizens?
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by Nbote(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
I don't know how more ppl are beginning to reason like goats even though dey are supposed to have human brains...
Is PENGASSON d Minister of Petroleum??
Was there a lingering scarcity before their announcement or not??
Did U find out their reason for d strike action?
PENGASSON announced a strike on Monday and called off by Tuesday.. So who is to blame for d previous 2wks?? Dont make me rain curses on U for d suffering I've had to go thru today alone

1 Like

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
HARDDON:

your question is logically untenable, legally indefensible and morally unacceptable.

They are not the only ones that have embarked on strike this festive period. ASUU just got out, Nasu is still on... a lot of arms and elements are disgruntled. Govt is a gargantuan failure.

No major projects, a lot are been laid off, yet like the ostrich, it buries its head in the sand.

See my comment above. We citizens dnt need to further the suffering of fellow citizens jst becos gov't would be blamed.
PENGASSAN has an issue with a private company , even if they need gov't to intervene must the steike be embark on during this peeiod?

We all know December has history of lot of travel/movement and scarcity. The action of PENGASSAN really cause this year suffering believe me.
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nbote:
I don't know how more ppl are beginning to reason like goats even though dey are supposed to have human brains...
Is PENGASSON d Minister of Petroleum??
Was there a lingering scarcity before their announcement or not??
Did U find out their reason for d strike action?
PENGASSON announced a strike on Monday and called off by Tuesday.. So who is to blame for d previous 2wks?? Dont make me rain curses on U for d suffering I've had to go thru today alone

Did you bother reading the news on link of thenationonline.net i shared above?

I dont know where you are commenting frm but frm my end in lagos, and when i pass thru ogun state and wwnt to Ibadan, the scarcity actually started frm when the pengassan embarked on strike (18th of dec.). And anybody who is staying in Ibadan can bear me witness that as of last saturday, sunday upto monday there were no queues in Ijebu ode, ogun state, Ibadan in oyo state and part lagos i went through.

We seem not to imagine what a days strike of not loading petroleum product really mean cos of all the challenges we are already having with the road leading to the ports
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by Oche211(m): 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
DaudaAbu:

i am not supporting the gov't neither is the statement made by the gov't .

I am jst voicing my opinion as someone affected by the fuel scarcity.

Why should the action of a certain grp affect the entire country?
the gov't has failed us definitely but must we also bring up issues dat will further the suffering of fellow citizens?

PENGASSAN is a union and one of their major responsibility is to fight and agitate for their members.
In a saner societies, issues they raise in the pre-warning press release shouldn't have even arose in the first place.
And after that press release, what did the relevant government agencies do to look into the matter?
Have you ever thought of the overbearing, 'we can do whatever we like', we are above the laws' attitudes of Nigerian Employers?
Do you know what untold hardship and unfavourable conditions that Nigerian workers go through?
These workers need voices to shout so that the government listen to them.
What we are having is the echoes of PENGASSAN shout.
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by Nbote(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
DaudaAbu:

Did you bother reading the news on link of thenationonline.net i shared above?

I dont know where you are commenting frm but frm my end in lagos, and when i pass thru ogun state and wwnt to Ibadan, the scarcity actually started frm when the pengassan embarked on strike (18th of dec.)

U are a hopeless liar... I Bought fuel in gallons 2wks back wen queues started building up in Lekki Lagos.. U dont have to sound so pathetic to prove ur purpose and glaring sentiment..
Here's d genesis but I'm pretty sure U already know dat but jus looking to make excuses.. Ur likes are d reason we are in dis mess

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/fuel-scarcity-looms-lagos-oil-marketers-threaten-shutdown/

Dis is from December 5th

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/fuel-scarcity-returns-in-lagos-abuja-others-as-consumers-groan/
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
Oche211:

PENGASSAN is a union and one of their major responsibility is to fight and agitate for their members.
In a saner societies, issues they raise in the pre-warning press release shouldn't have even arose in the first place.
And after that press release, what did the relevant government agencies do to look into the matter?
Have you ever thought of the overbearing, 'we can do whatever we like', we are above the laws' attitudes of Nigerian Employers?
Do you know what untold hardship and unfavourable conditions that Nigerian workers go through?

Now i can see you've gone thru the news item. I am not denying them the right dat they need to fight for their members but the effect of this fight affects the entire country. That is my concern.
I also know dat they choose this period to have maximum effect but at the end of it all, who are those suffering ? Me and you . As it is, i dont even hav fuel and i simply parked the car becos i cnat go and struggle to buy 180/ltr fuel

Also the issue of non remittance of tax deductions to the appropriate gov't agency in lagos and Delta, why do Pengassan hav to be the one fighting for dat?
why wont the relevant gov't agency do dat?
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
'
Nbote:

U are a hopeless liar... I Bought fuel in gallons 2wks back wen queues started building up in Lekki Lagos.. U dont have to sound so pathetic to prove ur purpose and glaring sentiment..
Here's d genesis but I'm pretty sure U already know dat but jus looking to make excuses.. Ur likes are d reason we are in dis mess

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/fuel-scarcity-looms-lagos-oil-marketers-threaten-shutdown/

Dis is from December 5th

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/fuel-scarcity-returns-in-lagos-abuja-others-as-consumers-groan/

Now, you dont call me a liar just becos you dont believe what i said. I hav reason to drive to ibadan, thru ijebu- ode every week for a programme i am running there.

and i drive there evry week and i am telling you dat i hav not had cause to queue or buy fuel for more than 145/ ltr until on tuesday when i was goin to the same ibadan.
infact up until last week i use to buy fuel @143/ltr in Bovas filling stations in Ibadan and at the Oando filling station jst outside ijebu ode on the Ijebu-ode - ibadan express

Independent petroleum marketers in Lagos have threatened to withdraw their services from December 11, over the alleged breach of agreement by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

The marketers in the state, claim the NNPC has defaulted in a bulk purchase agreement to sell fuel to them at N133.28 per litre.

This was contained in a statement released by the state chairman of IPMAN, Alanamu Balogun, on Wednesday.

Balogun claimed members have been running their fuel stations at a loss in the last eight months, due to “NNPC’s default” in the bulk purchase agreement.

frm the daily post link you shared, what i am accusing pengassan of is dis december period they choose to embark on the strike.
and just like frm d quote above if they have been selling at loss for almost 8mnts why would they issue dat threat in Dec? They are been selfish
Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by femo122: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
Iies

Re: Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion by DaudaAbu(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2017
Oche211:

Are PENGASSAN more important than say, ASUU, or resident doctors or bank workers or members of any other trade union?
isn't their action holding the entire country to ransom? Should these be the case?

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Numan In Adamawa Again,kill Many,burn Houses(pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Pay Millions Of Naira ..... Mercenary Reveals (video) / Vote APC Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.