Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,882 members, 7,889,931 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1192737 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (455) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
drakeli:
Fortunately or unfortunately, republican is sweeping the congress in the mid term election. American blacks are all leaving the democrat plantation.

Ummm...I don't think that's going to happen undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
Sparkle1515:
What about the billion of dollars birth tourism brings to the USA..people are quIck to mention those who don’t pay bills then abscond..I hope he doesn’t send America in to a Great Depression..it’s about time China takes over anyways

What about the billions of dollars America is losing paying for child birth of South Americans Mexicans and others illegally crossing the border for the same child birth purpose. Considering also child birth from other countries that end up not being paid for. The government loses more than it gains on birth tourism. Hence why Trump doesn’t care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tvegas(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ruthina000:
Birthing is another revenue channel for USA and I don't think it would take effect anytime soon, just hoping though.

I also hope this decision drags for some years, so that many people can benefit. However, lets quit this talk of revenue generated by America via birth tourism. America and especially Trump doesnt need our money, if they stop it today it will only pinch their economy. We only need to find the formula to make Nigeria work, if everyone keeps rejecting us where are we going to end up? For example South Africans are not crazy about this birthing thing because theyve found a way to make their country work.!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gracedom: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Well typed!

This same Trump happens to be a German and his mum is even from Scotland, not even America, same with Obama and the likes. Atleast Obama’s mum was even given birth to in the USA unlike him. So he wants to stop what they all had maximum benefits from...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
Phakabir06:
.Kenny MKO. Please my wife interview is Jan 11. I want to know what we will write where they asked reasons of been denied . Should we write that the vo said she did not qualified for the visa she applied for or what else can we write. And the hospital said na till like next month ending or December before we can get doctors correspondence for January appointment.

It depends on the reason they gave for the denial. I remember she told the VO it's a high risk pregnancy. That's a red flag. With that you need to show that you have enough fund to foot bill of a high risk pregnancy especially if the cost skyrockets. You also need to get Dr's appointment/ correspondence before you go for the interview again. My personal opinion please. Good luck bro. See you in January if you are Texas-bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks a bunch Akorkor, I'll do that right away.
Akorkor:

Yes, you will prepare it yourself and if you use a search button on nairaland by typing
budget sheet and navigate to travel you should see many sample that has been dropped here for DO IT YOURSELF PURPOSE.

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Is he stripping citizenship from those who have it? Or is he stopping "jus soli" going forward?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutelass: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Fyorgyn:
Is he stripping citizenship from those who have it? Or is he stopping "jus soli" going forward?

You people can panic shaa. Nobody is stripping anybody of anything. It's not done anywhere, Britain didnt do it, nor Ireland. Whatever decision they finally take, is 'going forward' in fact, Britain had an interval of 14 months between passing the law and enforcing it.

However, one thing is sure...it's gonna get to their supreme court this time around and having looked at that law (the 14th ammendment), one phrase stands out..'subject to the jurisdiction thereof'. Seems to me like something that can be interpreted to favour any side.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
cutelass:

You people can panic shaa. Nobody is stripping anybody of anything. It's not done anywhere, Britain didnt do it, nor Ireland. Whatever decision they finally take, is 'going forward' in fact, Britain had an interval of 14 months between passing the law and enforcing it.

However, one thing is sure...it's gonna get to their supreme court this time around and having looked at that law (the 14th ammendment), one phrase stands out..'subject to the jurisdiction thereof'. Seems to me like something that can be interpreted to favour any side.

Hehehe...

I'm really not panicking... I was actually responding to a picture someone posted earlier.

How are you? And how is Baby? smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
Loosing you say and has the economy collapsed..Jus soli no be today matter,it’s a very touchy issue in America especially the grounds on which America was built upon..majority of everyone who has put America in the map in all sectors are product of Jus soli.entertainers,sports people,business people etc...he can’t change jack..America is not Europe...May God help ignorant people including myself to get off this mentality of seeing America citizenship as a savior to our offsprings..the monies we spend..at the end some of this kids don’t even gain nada from the system..before then let him tackle those ones who overstay their visas and use insurance..like it or not there are a whole lot of us who genuinely go for birth tourism,pay our bills and gtfo America
drakeli:

What about the billions of dollars America is losing paying for child birth of South Americans Mexicans and others illegally crossing the border for the same child birth purpose. Considering also child birth from other countries that end up not being paid for. The government loses more than it gains on birth tourism. Hence why Trump doesn’t care.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutelass: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Hehehe...

I'm really not panicking... I was actually responding to a picture someone posted earlier.

How are you? And how is Baby? smiley smiley
We are fine dear. Trust u are doing great

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2018
KennyMKO:

No that's not what I meant. Before you can be allowed in to be interviewed, you need to show evidence of Visa payment, DS 160 confirmation and appointment confirmation. If you are called for a follow-up interview, they usually give you options of date to choose from on your profile. The appointment option they provided for me was for just one person(me), so I thought that will suffice for my family because the letter says we should come as a family. Only to get there for my family to be denied entrance into the interview arena. I don't want any other people going as a family to make the same assumption I made.

I see thanks for clarifying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ttmacoy: 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Which is what he is aiming for so it can be taken to the supreme Court which is now a conservative majority. Of the supreme Court rules that the 14th ammendment only applies to citizens and legal permanent residents then it becomes law.

Beautyaddy:

Yes, anything that needs the Amendment of the US Constitution need 2/3 of the US congress votes.

If Trump tries to do it by executive order it will be taken to court by the immigrant advocacy groups and challenged.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ttmacoy: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
He already tweeted about it before the interviewer asked. This was one of his campaign promises in 2016 and he was waiting to get his pick on the supreme Court so he has a chance of getting the court to ratify the executive order.

Beautyaddy:

lol!...why are you going along with the unnecessary panic news? undecided

He can't change the Constitution unilaterally...he needs Congress to do it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ttmacoy: 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
If it goes ahead and theres still a long way to go, I don't think they will turn people away for coming to gove birth, it's more you can give birth but unless one of the parents is a citizen or green card holder the child will not be a US citizen. He will be a Nigerian or what relevant country's citizen based on the parents.

Same as is done in the UK Australia and not of Europe.

MamaOO:

What I meant was that, if there is no legal justification or constitutional backing as to why a CBP officer sends a woman back to her country and does so simply out of spite because she’s come to give birth, some people might/can sue and could possibly win. People sue the government here and win. You know that. Nothing is impossible in the court of law. And you I believe the CBP officers are also bound by law to be fair and just in what they do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ttmacoy: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Well hope the conservatives don't win the next federal elections because they have also proposed ending jus soli which guarantees citizenship irrespective of parents status.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4411137/birth-tourism-canada/

The Conservative Party is calling for an end of birthright citizenship, meaning if you are born in Canada that does not automatically make you a Canadian citizen.

Currently, Canada’s law says anyone who is born on Canadian soil receives citizenship (even if your parents aren’t Canadian citizens). But this law has been highly debated, with some politicians and citizens dubbing it “birth tourism.”

overlord77:

Hmmmm, if he eventually does, everyone will face Canada na, shuoo. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
KennyMKO:
Guess you have forgotten how the thing goes, the high risk pregnancy was the first childbirth. It was vacation we wanna go for that she was denied and that same day my own drop box was approved. The vo saw all previous receipts and was satisfied. She was just 2months pregnant and the vo asked if she is having more babies in the states in the future. Which she answered yes. I guessed because all of us going at the same time with the Americans. Seems she is talking about ties. Now she will be going for childbirth proper. Using the same hospital we used in the previous birth. The first visa she used was b1/b2. That time I was doing my masters and wanted to come for my convocation but had accident and she used it after one year 3 months for childbirth. Though the change of intent was there, and she didn't even do dropbox, she scheduled an interview directly.

It depends on the reason they gave for the denial. I remember she told the VO it's a high risk pregnancy. That's a red flag. With that you need to show that you have enough fund to foot bill of a high risk pregnancy especially if the cost skyrockets. You also need to get Dr's appointment/ correspondence before you go for the interview again. My personal opinion please. Good luck bro. See you in January if you are Texas-bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ttmacoy: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
The problem with that is when people focus on Canada then the numbers will rise exponentially which will in turn increase the public's support for doing the same thing in canada. The conservatives have already proposed it and it's already a controversial subject.

Look at Canada reaction to people including Nigerians crossing the border from the US despite all their mouth. Didn't they quickly start closing the loophole and asked the US to restrict visas to Nigerians?

overlord77:

Hmmmm, if he eventually does, everyone will face Canada na, shuoo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 01, 2018
Hmm. It is well.
ttmacoy:
The problem with that is when people focus on Canada then the numbers will rise exponentially which will in turn increase the public's support for doing the same thing in canada. The conservatives have already proposed it and it's already a controversial subject.

Look at Canada reaction to people including Nigerians crossing the border from the US despite all their mouth. Didn't they quickly start closing the loophole and asked the US to restrict visas to Nigerians?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 1:58am On Nov 01, 2018
Tvegas:

I also hope this decision drags for some years, so that many people can benefit. However, lets quit this talk of revenue generated by America via birth tourism. America and especially Trump doesnt need our money, if they stop it today it will only pinch their economy. We only need to find the formula to make Nigeria work, if everyone keeps rejecting us where are we going to end up? For example South Africans are not crazy about this birthing thing because theyve found a way to make their country work.!!

People don’t realize that US spends more on birth than it gets. I just stumbled on that in the news. That’s how much the government spends on a category of tourism childbirth. The estimate below does not include foreigners on visa. Just Mexicans and others. That’s how much it cost annually to pay for their childbirth by the government.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2018
drakeli:

People don’t realize that US spends more on birth than it gets. I just stumbled on that in the news. That’s how much the government spends on a category of tourism childbirth. The estimate below does not include foreigners on visa. Just Mexicans and others. That’s how much it cost annually to pay for their childbirth by the government.

Bro, FoxNews is conservative propaganda network and only say things favourable to Trump.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Shiebi: 10:19am On Nov 01, 2018
]Can one request for an expedited appointment to reapply if you have been denied a B2 visa for the purpose of traveling to the US to give birth? Thanks.

U can apply for expedited appointment after a previous denial for birthing purposes. In my case, that was refused too on the basis that CHILD BIRTH IS NOT A. REAL EMERGENCY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Shiebi: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2018
Same happened to me, was denied B1/B2 visa for the purpose of giving birth. Please I need help, what should be the next thing to do?

You recently requested for a room in Houston. Did you make it eventually?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
overlord77:

Bro, FoxNews is conservative propaganda network and only say things favourable to Trump.
You are right. But that doesn’t negate the statistics. The statistics were released by Pew Research Center in Washington and not Fox News. Fox News only reporting on it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hey everybody, quick question. Are adults eligible to use the visa on arrival option for a Nigerian visa? And after sending the email and all the works, how long does it take to get a response? I think I read it somewhere here that they give a response of “Received” after you send the email. Lastly, do we have to make the payment before getting the approval or after approval?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Veeii1: 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Any El paso bound mum for march april willing to share an apartment?

Plus who has gone thru POE in the past few days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
DAL POE is cool for EL Paso
Veeii1:
Any El paso bound mum for march april willing to share an apartment?

Plus who has gone thru POE in the past few days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 2:28am On Nov 02, 2018
MamaOO:
Hey everybody, quick question. Are adults eligible to use the visa on arrival option for a Nigerian visa? And after sending the email and all the works, how long does it take to get a response? I think I read it somewhere here that they give a response of “Received” after you send the email. Lastly, do we have to make the payment before getting the approval or after approval?

Thanks a lot.

Yes! Adults are very eligible to use the VOA option. A few friends of mine have used it successfully.

I don't have definite answers to your other questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (455) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.