Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,862 members, 7,889,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1192546 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (455) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tripletmom:
Pls I need a clarification about d notary consent.
Does DH need to submit any other document aside the DS 3053 at the embassy?
Apart from showing proof of identification

Thanks

Pls ma/sir i need a response to dis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
vikturaikay:
Pls i am in the US but my pregnant wife is in Nigeria. I want her to give birth in the US. How do i go about it. She's 4 months preggy. Thanks

Your wife will have to apply for a "B" Non Immigrant Visa. She will need to prove to the VO that

1. She has no immigrant intent
2. She has identified
2. She can afford to pay all medical bills incurred.

I did a quick check on your profile and I see you are in the US on a student visa (F1). The first question is, did you declare you were married at the time you applied for your visa?

2. If you did, why doesn't she just apply for F2 (dependent)visa

3. Since you are studying (and living) in the U.S. what are her ties to Nigeria? (She will need to prepare to explain this to the VO)

4. As a student, can you prove that you can afford the cost of child birth in the US?

You both need to think on these things.

My advise?
Since you are in Cleveland (told you I checked your profile!) You can start by finding hospitals and doctors (gynaecologists) near you (Google is your best friend) then pick up your phone and call them... ask for the cost for a cash paying (uninsured) patient.

Begin email correspondence with your doctor of choice, Give your wife all the details and tell her to read part 1 to part 6 of this thread on Nairaland.

Ensure you have enough funds for the trip and evidence of ties to Nigeria (I don't know how she's going to prove it but na una know)

Hope for the best!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by inizo: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone please I need help sending my embassy notarized consent form to Houston is anyone traveling soon DW needs it.
@justwise @nerf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by inizo: 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tripletmom:

Pls ma/sir i need a response to dis.

Just take form, appointment letter and valid identification
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeemin3: 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Goodevening house.
Please how do you advice a paramilitary officer(immigration, customs) explains the funds in her accounts? With salary a little below 200k to a VO.
The money is quite much?!

Or rather the question should be...please advise on what to say when asked how much monthly salary is (which is low)?! Because i know sometimes they dont ask to see account statements.
Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
inizo:

Just take form and valid identification

Thanks sir
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Zeemin3:
Goodevening house.
Please how do you advice a paramilitary officer(immigration, customs) explains the funds in her accounts? With salary a little below 200k to a VO.
The money is quite much?!

Or rather the question should be...please advise on what to say when asked how much monthly salary is (which is low)?! Because i know sometimes they dont ask to see account statements.
Thank u

But we don't know where the money is coming from na... How can we advise on what you should say?

On a more serious note, if you earn 200k and your extra income aka "side hustle" gives you 1m a month then your monthly income is 1.2m.

So if asked how much your monthly income is you can say "it's 1.2M, I earn 200k from my place of work and 1m from my side hustle, investments or inheritance from my billionaire father...hehe (whatever it is)".

If the money is not yours and is just lodged in your account for visa purposes (which is what the VO will most likely suspect) then I don't have any advise for you

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeemin3: 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for this.
Billionaire father it is then. Kidding smileyquote author=Fyorgyn post=65839755]

But we don't know where the money is coming from na... How can we advise on what you should say?

On a more serious note, if you earn 200k and your extra income aka "side hustle" gives you 1m a month then your monthly income is 1.2m.

So if asked how much your monthly income is you can say "it's 1.2M, I earn 200k from my place of work and 1m from my side hustle, investments or inheritance from my billionaire father...hehe (whatever it is)".

If the money is not yours and is just lodged in your account for visa purposes (which is what the VO will most likely suspect) then I don't have any advise for you

All the best.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
Fyorgyn:

I must warn you though...

When booking BA please make sure all your flights are BA. BA has an agreement with American Airlines (AA)and sometimes the flights to or from the US will be via AA.

My DH and I have had the misfortune of flying with AA from Philadelphia to London ( we purchased BA tickets) and it was a terrible experience. So when booking your flights please ensure that it is BA all the way. I have learnt my lesson and I always check now!

Wow! Please what exactly was your experience? I've booked BA and some of the flights are AA. Plus is there anyway to change those AA flights to BA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baddo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Don't Buy BA/AA tickets.

You are 95% certain of missing your flight if you don't buy a new ticket for your infant. And if you don't miss it you will spend spend all day talking to both BA and AA personnel and all this is if you buy your ticket directly from BA or AA.

If you buy it from wakanow. The chances of missing that flight just increased to 99%.

Don't try it if you intend to add an infant ticket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good evening house,
I know it’s not a crime to carry more than $10,000 as long as you declare it.
This question is for the gurus or non-1st travelers , Pls What’s the max amount $ you will advise someone that wants to carry more cash than on cards. Reason for travel stated at interview-to give birth. Pls advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2018
Abiodunnn:
Depending on where you live, i found in Tabade Pharmacy in Yaba around Customs office, i think the area is called Onike. But they are mad plenty on LUTH road in Mushin near the mushin Food market. Check the stores around there that sell adult diapers, collars, wheelchairs etc

indeed, you are a lifesaver! I eventually got 2 - one at Tabade & 1 in Mushin.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
if you have the birth certificate, jsut call the passport office and book an appointment. its very easy and simp;e. google would give you the number for the chicago passport office
Weperwema:
@Hello Everyone urgent help needed ooo! Please DW need to know how to expedite American Passport and visa on arrival for LO in Chicago as the travel date is just 13days from now.She has the necessary papers.Also how can she add the baby on her Air France returning ticket.Please I need help urgently because we are both confuse now. ...we need people who have some in Chicago.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MyEkwueme: 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
inizo:
Hello everyone please I need help sending my embassy notarized consent form to Houston is anyone traveling soon DW needs it.
@justwise @nerf

Send ur email. I'll contact u.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamababe1234: 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good evening lovelies. I am a first time mum n will love to go to the US to have my baby. I’m due in August and will likely travel by First or 2nd week of July. I am thinking of going to Houston though I’ve not gotten a hospital nor a doctor yet. Is anyone traveling around that period so we can plan as a team and probably share accommodation? The whole process seems overwhelming... I already have a Visa. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MyEkwueme: 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
baddo:
Don't Buy BA/AA tickets.

You are 95% certain of missing your flight if you don't buy a new ticket for your infant. And if you don't miss it you will spend spend all day talking to both BA and AA personnel and all this is if you buy your ticket directly from BA or AA.

If you buy it from wakanow. The chances of missing that flight just increased to 99%.

Don't try it if you intend to add an infant ticket.

Pls how much does a new ticket for the infant cost? Apart from the infant, is there any other issue related to the BA/AA flights? Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Glad i could be of help. ��

Ojugunrege:

indeed, you are a lifesaver! I eventually got 2 - one at Tabade & 1 in Mushin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Jasmine08:

Wow! Please what exactly was your experience? I've booked BA and some of the flights are AA. Plus is there anyway to change those AA flights to BA?

Did fly BA from LOS to LHR late last year, AA from LHR to DFW, AA again from DFW to YYZ, and YYZ-LHR-LOS with BA. As for me, the best of all these legs was the AA from London to Dallas - Leg room, inflight entertainment, food, flight smoothness, comfort, etc. The worst too was the DFW-YYZ leg on AA.... But I will still pick them over BA sef....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2018
Please which email address do i send email to for visa on arrival. Please which documents are needed for visa on arrival and what is the amount to be paid for visa on arrival and which office at the airport would it be paid. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2018
MyEkwueme:

Pls how much does a new ticket for the infant cost? Apart from the infant, is there any other issue related to the BA/AA flights? Thanks for the assistance.

I had too many issues with AA. It was NOT a birthing trip so I don't know about adding infant tickets and all but on this thread we've had a lot of complaints about BA/AA customer service.

This is my personal experience with AA.

1. My first issue with them was luggage allowance. BA allows 2 x 23kg bags but AA's Policy is 1 ×23kg and you pay for any extra bags. I wasn't directly affected because I'm not a big shopper and I was there for a conference so I had only one but a colleague of mine had to pay for her extra bag... She tried to explain that she bough BA ticket and the baggage allowance for BA is 2 bags but it fell on deaf ears.

2. They were NOT organised at all. The seating arrangement was terrible. A woman had to beg me to change seats with her as they put her 2 year old like 10rows behind her!

3. The plane was very uncomfortable and I honestly do not remember if there was in-flight entertainment... I know for certain there there was no "personal" in-flight entertainment I.e. your own screen and headphones.

4. I don't even remember if we were given anything to eat sef

5. The cabin crew were outright rude!

This was a flight from Philadelphia to London

Overall, it was a terrible experience and I am a very "easy to please" kind of person tongue

Note that this was in 2015 and I have only flown them once! The first leg of the journey (London to Phil) was BA. It is possible that it was just that flight that was bad or that they are better now.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 1:15am On Mar 15, 2018
This was exactly my experience few weeks back. She even managed to check your documents, mine wasn't even checked. She declined seeing anything. How does one now know where u errerd in order to make amends?

Sebi dey say dose guys re trained, how come their training didn't see someone whose legit. Re apply and this should be a better chance.

MiracleMum:
I had my visa interview yesterday and want to share:

VO: Good morning without a smile
hubby and I: Good morning
VO: Passports please?
DH Hands her 3 passports (His own, mine and my toddler's)
VO: Why do you want to go to the US
DH: Tourism and childbirth
VO: What do you do?
DH: xxxxx
Me: xxxxx
VO: How long have you worked there
DH: 17 years
Me: 9 years
VO: Is it a family business
Me: No, its not. Would you like to see our I.d cards and introduction letters from the organization
VO: Not yet
VO: Do you have Drs Correspondence?
Me: Yes and brings out the email correspondence and acceptance letter
VO: Reads through and asks, what hospital are you using
Me: Oakbend medical centre
VO: Whats your overall budget
DH: 15000$
VO: May i have both statements of accounts
DH hands both statements to her
she took like 15 minutes calculating the figures and finally handed us the blue paper saying we were not qualified
DH statement of account had 12M, while mine had 4M

We plan to reapply but don't even know what is wrong so it can be corrected.

Justwise and all the sabi people here, please help. I'd be due in August.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 3:58am On Mar 15, 2018
Biodun1234:
Please which email address do i send email to for visa on arrival. Please which documents are needed for visa on arrival and what is the amount to be paid for visa on arrival and which office at the airport would it be paid. Thanks
You need to do some reading here:

https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

Copy and paste or click on the link above in your browser and do the needful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ada88: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello. Please has any one had nicu bill here. How was it cleared. Mediacaid has been on my neck to accept for the baby as he is a citizen. Am talking about 32k dollars even after discount. Please anyone with experience on this. How do i handle this one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Good evening house,
I know it’s not a crime to carry more than $10,000 as long as you declare it.
This question is for the gurus or non-1st travelers , Pls What’s the max amount $ you will advise someone that wants to carry more cash than on cards. Reason for travel stated at interview-to give birth. Pls advise

As you rightly said, the law permits you to carry any amount,but YOU MUST DECLEAR ANY AMOUT ABOVE 10K. If asked you should also be able to explain and support that the said cash was gotten legally (this is to prevent money laundering)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 7:07am On Mar 15, 2018
ada88:
Hello. Please has any one had nicu bill here. How was it cleared. Mediacaid has been on my neck to accept for the baby as he is a citizen. Am talking about 32k dollars even after discount. Please anyone with experience on this. How do i handle this one.

Stay away from Medicaid either for yourself or baby if you ever plan on renewing your visa. Don't allow them to kobalise you o. Baby is a us citizen quite alright,but you the parents are not and you don't pay tax to the us government.
Source for funds via avenues like gofundme.com etc or negotiatie a payment plan that is if you have exhausted all avenues of negotiation to further reduce the bill.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2018
Please google visa on arrival in Nigeria
Biodun1234:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tommee: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello Mamas/Papas

Anyone bound for virginia in july/August please share cheap accommodation details

@Gfavor any luck?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amy20: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Good day everyone and congrats to those that have had their babies and congrats in advance to those yet to.

Pls i have an issue. What is the consequence of my baby's ssn being used for us tax refunds by an host and how can one cancel so there wont be a re-occurrence. Thanks in advance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (455) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.