Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,669 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:08 PM

Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences (18472 Views)

How To Handle Your Tailor This Yuletide (pix) / When Your Tailor Said "Come And Collect It On 12th" And It's 24th / 8 Signs Your Tailor Is Going To Disappoint You (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by deeLima86(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
JVgal:

Yes, y do u wanna know?

Because you openly apologized here...don't mind my curiosity. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by okechukwu16: 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
sonnie10:
So I decided to make agbada for the first time. Normally, I would prefer senators and designers suits but because agbada is trendy, I went for it. My projection was to get it ready in Lagos since my connecting flight would be from there.
About two weeks ago I called a friend and she introduced me to a 'trusted" tailor, who would not disappoint. Well, I contacted the tailor and he offered to make them for 80k each since I had the materials. He promised to make the five different designs well and on time, so I transferred a total of 400k to his account. I only told him to be careful with the fabrics because I had bought them expensive during my last trip outside.

To cut the long story short, this is christmass and nothing has been done. I am just lucky that I bought a few designers suits on my way back.

I will never trust those tailors .

this is not the time to show off. its the time to tell the real life story not super story...

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by JVgal(f): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
deeLima86:

Because you openly apologized here...don't mind my curiosity. Peace!

Ok
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by pamcode(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
Yes thankfully it was not a must have.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
I no see tailor sef
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 25, 2017
Fukafuka:
grin

He inspired cardi B grin

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by bobokunlexzy: 1:15am On Dec 25, 2017
sonnie10:
So I decided to make agbada for the first time. Normally, I would prefer senators and designers suits but because agbada is trendy, I went for it. My projection was to get it ready in Lagos since my connecting flight would be from there.
About two weeks ago I called a friend and she introduced me to a 'trusted" tailor, who would not disappoint. Well, I contacted the tailor and he offered to make them for 80k each since I had the materials. He promised to make the five different designs well and on time, so I transferred a total of 400k to his account. I only told him to be careful with the fabrics because I had bought them expensive during my last trip outside.

To cut the long story short, this is christmass and nothing has been done. I am just lucky that I bought a few designers suits on my way back.

The Guy no sabi the design he won sew again.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by HotIce90(f): 2:30am On Dec 25, 2017
vicola0281:
my tailor ddisaapointed me.. no church for. me tomorrow then.. Bae is coming over though... xmas on the bed
who asked you? Too much details

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Atlantia(f): 3:45am On Dec 25, 2017
Haha... Such funny comments!

Christmas cloth ko, Christmas cloak ni.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Emyogalanya: 4:08am On Dec 25, 2017
BUHARI EVEN DISAPPOINTED 18M PEOPLE AND HEAVEN DID NOT FALL. ON A MATURE NOTE CHRISTMASS CLOTHS ARE FOR KIDS NOT FOR NAIRALANDERS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:33am On Dec 25, 2017
johnstar:
A kind nairalander should send me something for xmas please cry

bro, i am sending you lots of well wishes for xmas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by opedaydydx9(m): 6:15am On Dec 25, 2017
I disappointed only one,, she's my top client.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by pato255(m): 6:20am On Dec 25, 2017
tobdee:
My friend wedded yesterday, and up till now his wedding suit didn't come to him. Fully paid. He had to improvise. He is planning going to Aba by Wednesday to get his ass arrested . These guys are pure evil.
Arrested? for what? the tailor didn't commit any Crime now. sorry, but your friend can only sue for breach of contract and possibly recover damages.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by olowobaba10: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2017
sonnie10:

STOP THESE CHEAP LIES

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by opedaydydx9(m): 6:24am On Dec 25, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I am a tailor with difference. I don't disappoint customers. I rather reject it than to collect and won't meet up.
I reject jobs if I cnt meet up, in fact Id never disappointed my customers, but some designers are just crazy, more reason I don't collet jobs I cnt use my machines for

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nne5: 6:28am On Dec 25, 2017
BabylonCruise:
U sound pained.�
That experience pained me actually.
Merry Christmas to you.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by opedaydydx9(m): 6:28am On Dec 25, 2017
olowobaba10:

STOP THESE CHEAP LIES

no mind am, cus den say ebuka did his own 250k,...
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by opedaydydx9(m): 6:29am On Dec 25, 2017
olowobaba10:

STOP THESE CHEAP LIES

no mind am, cus den say ebuka did his own 250k,...
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by cupidkef(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
Oyindidi:
grin I wanted to create a thread about this
Kpele.......I had it in mind since 20th......
Funny thing is DAT m a tailor so,I can't forget it.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Allansmith: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
There are some that sees sewing as a passion and are always with a difference..Delivers right on time and exactly as client wants their Fabric to come out...Tliz World is one of such...07084433774..08060049636...

Purebeerry:
I didn't give her the chance to disappoint me. My ankara can wait till January.
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Allansmith: 7:00am On Dec 25, 2017
There are some that sees sewing as a passion and those one are superb in ensuring they sew what was shown to them and swift in delivery too...Tliz World is one of such...07084433774..08060049636...

Nne5:
Most tailors should have learnt carpentery instead of fashion designing because instead of sewing clothes,,they construct clothes.

You'll show them what you want,they'll listen attentively as if they understand what you're saying.
At the end,they 'construct' whatever they like with your material.

One time I got so angry that I left the 'constructed cloth' with the tailor.
She had to get me a new material.

No time
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Allansmith: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2017
How about trying this person and see if you would still choose or want to create same thread...Tliz World 07084433774..08060049636...

Oyindidi:
grin I wanted to create a thread about this

1 Like

Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by chikago1: 7:18am On Dec 25, 2017
Imarnuel04:
I gave my tailor 5 fabrics since October, full payment and he didn't even do one by December. I had to wear an old trad for my introduction. My woman somehow collected my fabrics and the money from the guy. Lol it's good to have a tough lady sometimes grin grin

Speaking of tailors, I need a good tailor in Abuja please. Can anyone hook me up?
I don't know any tailor in Abuja, but I know a good one in Keffi, and I can assure you that he is good and hardly disappoints .
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 25, 2017
chikago1:
I don't know any tailor in Abuja, but I know a good one in Keffi, and I can assure you that he is good and hardly disappoints .

Keffi is even better cos almost everything is crazy expensive in Abuja. May I get his contact details please? Thanks so much
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by esthy86(f): 7:40am On Dec 25, 2017
very much oo,buh is well
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by ysquare(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2017
Some customers think tailors are magician that you can just command the clothes to be sew and it's sewed
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Shedrack777: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2017
sonnie10:

guy, all these lies and/or brag should end in/with 2017. just an advice. thank you
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by Ajanacool(m): 8:42am On Dec 25, 2017
tobdee:
My friend wedded yesterday, and up till now his wedding suit didn't come to him. Fully paid. He had to improvise. He is planning going to Aba by Wednesday to get his ass arrested . These guys are pure evil.
When there are lots of classical ready made suits in d market. I can't trust a Nigerian tailor to that extent
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by johnstar(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i am sending you lots of well wishes for xmas

Send me money cheesy grin
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2017
johnstar:

Send me money cheesy grin

you said to send you "something", and thats what i did. but guess what? you should have at least say thank...
Re: Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences by femmygem: 11:56am On Dec 25, 2017
no cloth to sew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos:meet The Contestants For Miss Ait 2015 / What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? / Wendy: Face Of Candy City Beauty Pageant Is Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.