Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. (775 Views)

Why Foreign Movies Can Be Just As Unrealistic As Local Movies. / Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by Deboi(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2010
It has been observed that nigerians do prefer watching foreign movies over our home-based movies.Is it that we are not up to date in movie productions or is the problem from the concept of our movies,
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by NnamdiN: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2010
Foreign movies are very original compared to the home movies that either copy the foreign ones or have very ridiculous storylines.
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by 4peace(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2010
De boi:

It has been observed that nigerians do prefer watching foreign movies over our home-based movies.
Says who

Is it that we are not up to date in movie productions or is the problem from the concept of our movies,
Longest way to go
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by jessefly: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
why should i watch 9ja films wen dey cant depict somein different from wat i see in everyday life,
i believe in choices n hollywood affords me different genres whereas 9ja has only one genre evryday life,
besides 9ja movies r [size=38pt]CRAP[/size]
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by SisiKill1: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2010
I can't think of any logical reason why anyone will pick those silly foreign movies over how own well acted, well produced, well scripted movies.

My only explanation is that they haven't really seen our movies coz i'll tell you right now, anyone who has seen RMD wearing overalls and facecap to portray a teenager or RMD with white chalk on his hair to portray an old man. . .will know Nollywood is where the talent's at.

No joke!
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by NnamdiN: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

I can't think of any logical reason why anyone will pick those silly foreign movies over how own well acted, well produced, well scripted movies.

My only explanation is that they haven't really seen our movies coz i'll tell you right now, anyone who has seen RMD wearing overalls and facecap to portray a teenager or RMD with white chalk on his hair to portray an old man. . .will know Nollywood is where the talent's at.

No joke!
are you serious?Are you aware that one can pick one hundred home movies that have the same storyline?The same actors/actresses?etc AMERICAN MOVIES ARE THE BEST,ANY DAY,ANYTIME,ANYWHERE.
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by Ninjabyte(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2010
It's ridiculous comparing the two. 9ja movies are just not it. Chief among my problems with them is how they take their viewers for granted. They don't carry out any research on what they do. I also doubt if they have any scriptwriter write professional scripts for them. The way they speak, you could guess they only get a role and are told to act it. I mean, i could go on and on about very poorly researched, poorly written, poorly produced and directed Nigerian flicks. No wonder when countries in Africa get nominated for the Academies, Nigeria has never come close to been on that list.

And the most annoying of Nigerian flicks is how they get to divide the films into 2, 3 or 4 parts when it can all be fitted into 1 part. To God be the glory sha, there are a few stand out films from Nigeria, they just aren't much compared to the load of CRAP we keep getting fed everyday.

And please don't even go to the Fetish, occult Yoruba videos or the silly man, woman dancing, no romance Hausa videos.

By and large, you keep watching those 9ja crap, you are guaranteed to turn into a slowpoke by 40.
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by SisiKill1: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2010
@ NnamdiN
What you see as a flaw in the same story line all the time is actually a plus. With our movies you don't have to think to hard, there are no surprises coz you already know what's gonna happen.

I don't know about you but me i like to check my brain at the door before i watch a movie and Nollywood allows me to do that. Can't ask for a better movie industry.

All hail Nollywood.
Re: Why Foreign Movies Over Nigerian Movies. by obinna5000(m): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2010
@Sisi_Kill
A good movie industry in terms of quantity. wink

(1) (Reply)

Wat's It Gonna Take To Shoot A Good Low Budget Movie In Nigeria? / Denrele Quits Soundcity / Best Scenes In A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.