Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,429 members, 7,891,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre (16692 Views)

Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / Abia State Community Pipeline Explosion: President Buhari Expresses Regret Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by YaxxVille(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2017
This statement should be published in all the papers to enlighten people
Samadict:

They'll keep playing with us as long as we allow tribalism and religious beliefs cloud our judgements. These people don't feel the heat we are feeling. Fuel, electricity isn't an issue for them. They don't care what the roads look like because they seldom use it. They have access to good health care and their kids have good education. With all these, Nigerians still won't vote credible people (if there's still any left) because the person is not from their part of the country or because of the person's religious beliefs. When Jonathan was in power, hausas and Yorubas were cursing. Buhari in power, say anything and his fellow northerners will skin you. Hijab wahala today, tithes cries tomorrow. The country is in chaos but come 2019, you'll see Nigerians under the sun again attending their slave masters campaign. So, prepare for more jokes from our leaders because we all have presented ourselves as toys.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Bollinger(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2017
GoldCircle:
I’m considering writing a book titled ‘how not to run an economy’. I intend to document and chronicle for posterity how Buhari ran aground a once vibrant economy within 2 years and how 13million people lost their jobs.

History must not repeat itself again. Never again!

Lol. You must be very young. That is exactly the reason you are all in the conundrum you find yourselves. You do not follow nor understand your history as a country and a people who don't are doomed to continue to repeat it. You talk as if this is the first, second or third time Nigerians have followed a leader based on their corrupt selfish reasons. When a people's reason for voting in leaders is based on false promises even a 5 year old can see through or because someone gave them garri and salt, this is exactly what you get and deserve. You would think Nigerians would have learnt their lesson by now. Yeah right. If they did, Atiku would not have the nerve to say he want's to become president. But what do we have? Even on NL, members are advocating for him. Carry on people. You think it's bad now? grin You do not have an inkling of what's coming.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by hooklover: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2017
JasonScolari:
No regrets voting for Buhari........

I will always remain with Buhari come rain come shine........

We should always pray for Buhari........

Buhari will make Nigeria great again...... sai baba

Says an idiotic zombie dancing nakked here in Nairaland.

Guy I regret voting him oh.I am haapy I gave him a try sha thinking he had something wonderful to do for d country ..After 3yrs is clear he does not have a focus..

I love giving folks chance before I condem dem.
I gave him an opportunity but proved beyoned doubt he is a disaster..

Now every time my friends keep telling me I am d one that voted him into this mess.

I am ashamed of myself .......
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by smileyoo: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2017
princeade86:
why are our government always play us all?
because according to Adolf Hitler, its very fortunate to the govt that the people don't always think.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2017
hooklover:

Guy I regret voting him oh.I am haapy I gave him a try sha thinking he had something wonderful to do for d country ..After 3yrs is clear he does not have a focus..

I love giving folks chance before I condem dem.
I gave him an opportunity but proved beyoned doubt he is a disaster..

Now every time my friends keep telling me I am d one that voted him into this mess.

I am ashamed of myself .......
It is a mistake to make a mistake, but it's gonna be foolish for you to repeat that same mistake.

Don't worry bro, we're sending the fulani bastard out.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by hooklover: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2017
iswallker:

Subsidy actually existed but it was a scam under jona..

If a marketer imported 30,000 for instance, they would register 90,000 liters. So they receive subsidy on 90k liters ..now that is a scam.

From the stmts credited to baru, NNPC is doing the importing at the moment, the marketers have stopped. What this means is that govt is importing and and selling at less than cost price so that marketers can still have the profit margin.

This is better than paying subsidy to marketers on inflated qty of fuel. However NNPC may not be able to meet demand. That's why the scarcity exists.

The solution is to refine locally..ultimately...

shocked

So d scam marketers were doing NNPC is doing now.

If NNPC import 90000 liters they can collect subsidy for 1200000 liters.

Nobody monitors them buhari is unchecked
.this is the way election money will be achieved..

Finally back to same corruption under different schemes
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Samadict(f): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2017
YaxxVille:
This statement should be published in all the papers to enlighten people
I just hope we can work together to make this country better. The state of this country is unbearable really.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by hopenusa40: 11:10am On Dec 26, 2017
Naija, where anytin goes.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by hooklover: 11:11am On Dec 26, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. You must be very young. That is exactly the reason you are all in the conundrum you find yourselves. You do not follow nor understand your history as a country and a people who don't are doomed to continue to repeat it. You talk as if this is the first, second or third time Nigerians have followed a leader based on their corrupt selfish reasons. When a people's reason for voting in leaders is based on false promises even a 5 year old can see through or because someone gave them garri and salt, this is exactly what you get and deserve. You would think Nigerians would have learnt their lesson by now. Yeah right. If they did, Atiku would not have the nerve to say he want's to become president. But what do we have? Even on NL, members are advocating for him. Carry on people. You think it's bad now? grin You do not have an inkling of what's coming.

Wat did this Taliban mean by Atiku will not have d never to talk of presidency?

I don't understand ur talk at all.

All govt agencies are yet to mention his name for any fraud..icpc efcc just name it and not in any court for corruption trial....

Yet he has created jobs in Nigeria for folks to earn a living.

Wat has Buhari done, the PTf scam in millions till today he has not accounted for the money...

He has under his watch inflation has skyrocketed job losses over 10million in 2yrs..

With no economic goal or vision... Fuel selling at 300/NIRA a liter and he has no idea of wat to to,subsidy they cobdemed has now been brought in.

Haba even if u hate atiku buhari is a morden day calamity.

Think before you talk....
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Bollinger(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2017
hooklover:

Wat did this Taliban mean by Atiku will not have d never to talk of presidency?

I don't understand ur talk at all.

All govt agencies are yet to mention his name for any fraud..icpc efcc just name it and not in any court for corruption trial....

Yet he has created jobs in Nigeria for folks to earn a living.

Wat has Buhari done, the PTf scam in millions till today he has not accounted for the money...

He has under his watch inflation has skyrocketed job losses over 10million in 2yrs..

With no economic goal or vision... Fuel selling at 300/NIRA a liter and he has no idea of wat to to,subsidy they cobdemed has now been brought in.

Haba even if u hate atiku buhari is a morden day calamity.

Think before you talk....

Lol. Like i said; those who fail to follow or learn their history are doomed to continue to repeat it. Learn your history bro. You will be better of for it. In 2090, guess what question your children will still be asking? "why are we not moving forward as a Nation. grin Good luck. You guys really will need it. wink
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by COMPAQ(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2017
Despite all the disparaging of Buhari in the comments above, the truth of the matter is that THE ONLY WAY we can have long term security of supply of PMS is for the thing to be FULLY DEREGULATED. It's a choice we have refused to implement as a nation from time immemorial, so blaming Buhari for it makes no sense. The truth is we had more fuel shortages under Jonathan and Obasanajo than we have had under Buhari.

In our hearts we also know the truth as citizens, but we prefer to put our head in the sand thinking that by some magic and fiat, government can keep the price stable even when crude prices are rising! And also without incurring subsidy? Impossible. No one can cheat the basic laws of economics. Our case is like that of calling a cow "Bros" so we can eat meat!

The government also knows the truth, but for the sake of politics and votes, they are afraid to do the right thing. The smart thing to have done when doing the silly price modulation was to have done full deregulation. At that time crude prices were USD30 and we could have used all this time to let the deregulation sink in. By now we'd have been used to it.

It makes far more economic sense to deregulated fully, remove inefficiencies, profiteering etc and rather pay an extra transport allowance to workers and work to improve transportation efficiencies.

And for those who shout about the additional difficulties that deregulated petrol will cause, in my view those are exaggerated. Food comes to the cities via trucks that use diesel, so no real impact. Yes transportation within cities are done mostly via petrol cars, but government could have a 5 year program to swap these for LPG powered cars which cost much less to operate daily. For the masses to we often say petrol will make them worse off. In my view also exaggerated cos most of the village folk use kerosene much more, which is also deregulated. For me a simple solution to help them would be to encourage use of gas. Because kerosene is all they know, no one has done the research and come to the conclusion that perhaps gas is a cheaper alternative. All they need is the upfront burner and small student cylinder of N10k

I suspect though that government thought it could ride the wave of low crude prices till Dangotes refinery was operational. Whether or not dangotes can operate the refinery at a profit selling petrol at N145 with crude prices at the current level remains to be seen. One key cost component - labour- will be priced in Naira and not subject to exchange rate etc, which will help with price stability, but the crude stock will always be benchmark against the USD price, even if he has to pay the naira equivalent for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Ndolarr: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2017
Hmmm everyone is blaming Buhari! Can we point out a credible candidate among the predent political leadership that can beat him in the next election? Which candidate can break his fanatical support in the north and fair acceptability down south with the support of Tinubu, Amaechi and the likes. Just wondering!
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by iswallker(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
hooklover:

So d scam marketers were doing NNPC is doing now.

If NNPC import 90000 liters they can collect subsidy for 1200000 liters.

Nobody monitors them buhari is unchecked
.this is the way election money will be achieved..

Finally back to same corruption under different schemes

Lol..

Am feeling the pains too bro..

But NNPC is not collecting subsidy..NNPC is govt.

They re simply selling at a loss..

shocked
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by iswallker(m): 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
dabeto:
[color=#006600][/color]
This is still very unclear. NNPC claimed they have stock that can last for 90 days when this scarcity started tthree weeks ago and blame it dealers. PENGASSAN and NUPENG came out and said they are not the cause since they were not on strike.
If NNPC is importing fuel and claim to subsidize it and also have enough in stock, why scarcity.
Is the margin given to dealers at the depots not enough to defray the operational cost?
PMB, APC, NNPC are scams and they have turned Nigeria into a huge scam.

The marketers resorted to self help at a point..they were selling imported PMS over the recommended price, so the non major marketers that buy from them could not sell at 145...

So they stopped buying. Few stations had fuel. Queues started emerging.

Even if NNPC has stock, distribution is slow without the major marketers...

That's why we re here..

It still boils down to failed government...and lack of system..

Reactionary measures always come late..

Major marketers are business owners not philantropists..

Why is NNPC importing ..

Where re the promised refineries ..until we answer these questions..we can't make progress..

shocked
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Pecca: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
I have seen incompetence; I have seen cluelessness; I have seen hopeless-ness. All these I've seen mixed in various degrees but never in one whole hog. Buhari is all of the above logged together...to make matters worst: after over 85 campaign promises and not being able to fulfil one, he is dreaming of another shot at the presidency.... To do just what? If I may ask.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by dabeto: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
iswallker:

The marketers resorted to self help at a point..they were selling imported PMS over the recommended price, so the non major marketers that buy from them could not sell at 145...

So they stopped buying. Few stations had fuel. Queues started emerging.

Even if NNPC has stock, distribution is slow without the major marketers...

That's why we re here..

It still boils down to failed government...and lack of system..

Reactionary measures always come late..

Major marketers are business owners not philantropists..

Why is NNPC importing ..

Where re the promised refineries ..until we answer these questions..we can't make progress..

shocked
[color=#006600][/color]
Thanks for this insight. Let's wait for Dangote.
I am sure when Dangote refinery starts operation, we shall experience another challenge that may either keep us where we are or solve the problem and make Dangote stupendously rich which will throw up the issue of political economy.
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Neminc: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
iswallker:

Subsidy actually existed but it was a scam under jona..

If a marketer imported 30,000 for instance, they would register 90,000 liters. So they receive subsidy on 90k liters ..now that is a scam.

From the stmts credited to baru, NNPC is doing the importing at the moment, the marketers have stopped. What this means is that govt is importing and and selling at less than cost price so that marketers can still have the profit margin.

This is better than paying subsidy to marketers on inflated qty of fuel. However NNPC may not be able to meet demand. That's why the scarcity exists.

The solution is to refine locally..ultimately...

shocked
subsidy was a scam under jona and we were buying petrol for 87 naira and it was available but now that there is no scam, it is 145-200 a litre and we are not even guaranteed of the availability of the product. I think I prefer the scam that was happening under jona than this rubbish going on now in the name of transparency
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Onlyonebuhari: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
DPR SHOULD TEACH THOSE HOLDING THE FUEL LESSON BY SELLING IT FOR FREE NOT JUST CLOSING UP THEIR FILLING STATIONS! BUHARI FEAR ALLAH!
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
JasonScolari:
No regrets voting for Buhari........

I will always remain with Buhari come rain come shine........

We should always pray for Buhari........

Buhari will make Nigeria great again...... sai baba

Says an idiotic zombie dancing nakked here in Nairaland.
You mean maclatunji, one of Nairaland's renowned zombies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by precious1967(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
can some one tell me what is naira to one dollar now?
Re: Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre by piagetskinner(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
he should take his regret and shove it down his wrinkled throat!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Need Solutions Not The Cause Of Problems – saraki / Grid Collapse Triggers Nationwide Blackout / PDP Governors Dump Secondus, Ask Him To Step Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.