Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,227 members, 7,919,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:24 PM

Job Without Offer Letter - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Without Offer Letter (11856 Views)

Has Anyone Received Offer Letter From Teach For Nigeria (TFN) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It. / My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by free2ryhme: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
I was told to work for one month without an offer letter and if I perform well I will be retained but if they are not impressed I will be sent a away, please guys what do you think.

you are working on a tight rope

insist on an offer that is the only document that tie you to the coy you work for
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by naturefellow(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
He verbally said he will pay 400k monthly
Even that is not enough assurance. Request that the terms and conditions of the job including salary for that one month, be put on writing. If not, you shouldn't bank on the mere words. Things are very liable to go south without a written agreement.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by EmekaBlue(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2017
U lie about d 400k per month
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Rainmaker69(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2017
Its a simple issue, its not by force to work for any company. If the terms are not agreeable, then refuse the offer. I think its a good idea that the company spelled out the conditions from the outset, rather than keeping you on the till and then ghosting after a month.
It also gives you the leverage to keep your options open. Give it your all and seek to impress them, but at the same time, keep looking for opportunities and options. During the 1 month, you stand to gain experience and money so its a win-win for you (unless you think the job doesn't meet your bills or learning gaps, in which case, you should reject the offer).
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by free2ryhme: 7:35am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:

only a fool will accept a verbal confirmation for 400k a month salary and only a cunning individual will pledge such
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Wallade(m): 7:36am On Dec 27, 2017
No coy will pay you 400k per month without a concrete offer, even if it will include some unfavorable terms and conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Workarena: 7:36am On Dec 27, 2017
Urgent vacancy!
Job Title: Teacher
Qualification: NCE/OND
Company: Primary school around Behappy, Itamaga
Qualified persons should send their CVs to Workarenang@gmail.com
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by sisisioge: 7:37am On Dec 27, 2017
Na was o. The are opportunists, I tell you.

I would say sod it. However, 400k monthly pay isn't a job for freshers, you are defo a veteran. Just ask them to give you letter that covers just the one month and you will be fine. I hope you aren't leaving another for this o.

2 Likes

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Investnow2017: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2017
OmniSparrow:
Na wa. These coys are just getting worse each day. So if after one month, they send you away and pay nothing, without an offer letter, you know you have effectively worked for free. Even if one is on probation, an offer letter still should be given. It's not as if they go to mount Sinai to get it. Abeg those people are looking for free labor. That's how they will use 12 people in a year without paying a dime.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by obstead200(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
let him put it in writing. Let him Give u a temporary offer letter stating that u are employed for one month in the first instance, and u will be retained if performance is satisfactory.

1 Like

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by KroKodile(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Supposing you get injured in the line of duty, and they refuse to compensate you, how will you prove that you are their staff and not a trespasser? How will you prove it's within the official working hour(s)?
Nigerian educated youths always settling for less ever since they stopped giving out Volkswagen to graduates.
The 400k is too good to be true!

3 Likes

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by isaaciog(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2017

It could just be some sort of criminality job under cover, observing your ABILITY and how AGILE you are, even how STRONG you can PERFORM in a difficult situations and getting the fact about you lures you into criminality which might be very difficult for you to quit the job on getting the monthly pay of 400k and above on aware to you now!
So my friend, think twice about a job without appointment (formal) letter giving you that amount as a monthly payment.

#BEWAREOFKIDNAPPERSDEN
#DONTBEANASSASSINEONAWARE
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by isseke: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2017
I guess you were place on probation. but even at that an offer letter should back it up. my advice is this immediately they retain you and they didn't come up with an offer later. you make sure you demand for it and hear what the management will say about it. most Nigerian company are so trickish. mostly when they find out that you don't know your right as an employee.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by GeoOla25(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2017
everything in this ur article gave room for doubts, how can a company give you a job with a pay above 350k without job conditions ,stating it on a binding and signed offer letter,
how can you accept a verbal agreement , have you ever heard about occupational safety?? a company with good Health and safety policy will never give you a job without an offer letter, you happened to sound like a fresh guy, I hardly believe any company in Nigeria offers fresh guys pay above 350k expect it's an IOC and no IOC or oil servicing company will give you a pay condition without offer letter.
Be guided don't get scammed!
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by arrestdarrester: 8:24am On Dec 27, 2017
Insist on the Offer Letter. A company that would pay 400k is not the type to do what you just described.

Think about it, what if they obtain and use your personal details for a fraudulent transaction that cannot be traced back to them simply because nothing shows you are their staff?

2 Likes

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by tosbobby(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2017
Naija!
No body even cares to first of all analyse the job and also enquire the educational qualification of the dream employee.
What is the nature of the job
What is the educational qualification of the dream employee.
what is the official working duration/days
400k/month just like that.
Would the MD of a reputable firm utter such statement
Somebodt is flattering us here jaree.
A good writer above said it all. They plan to use 12 people a year.
We have government and agencies but nobody is doing anything about all these irregularies.
End time job offer...

1 Like

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by jaxxy(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:

Bullshit no offer letter bt yet will pay 400k if u get employed. Its clearly not a multinational or blue chip vos they document every detail bt a one man or sole proprietorship where the boss can do and undo. Sounds fishy. U hv to do sm investigation, ask staff in the coy if such position ur going in for get paid for such. Also if anybody has ever been employed by such verbal and probation employment cos it may be a smart way of the bosses to get free Labour. Ive seen this happens alot.

Check the business structure and whether the company is struggling to pay salaries or doing extremely well. Also will u be paid for the one month period even if its half salary?
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by rafson37(m): 8:44am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
I was told to work for one month without an offer letter and if I perform well I will be retained but if they are not impressed I will be sent a away, please guys what do you think.
my advice to you is to go for the job, if u can be able to make it that's good, if u doesn't it is even been better because that is the will of GOD. beside even if u didn't get the job the experience u will gain will help u in the future. GOD will be with u I wish u all the da best
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by jobonnairaland: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
What kind of company is that?
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2017
please accept the job but request for a sort of written agreement!

my 150k ,3months salary is lying with a good company because I failed to collect an agreement Letter..and there is no written proof to show the world there was an agreement!

1 Like

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:
please dont accept it, its a trap. You are setting yourself up for abuse. You'll regret it if you do. Speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by ensamy(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2017
Na spiritual job you get be that shocked shocked your reward is in heaven.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by chi4ik(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2017
cassidy1996:
try everything, if at the end it doesn't Favour you. move on and try another. just keep trying

please I want to warn those good Samaritan's out there , mind who you lend money to some people are evil. they will never pay you back and when you ask for your money, they are ready to fight and call you names
lol, bros it's like u are heart broken already, as for me, I can't lend an amount of to someone that I can't dash him/her, instead, I will say it's beyond my strength not that I don't have.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by giftiy(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2017
emmanuelbrown26:
Which kind coy go pay u 400k without an offer letter.
Ask me oooo
Its a scam then
Or maybe he said 40k
And your spirit telling you its 400k
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by yelinco1(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2017
HOW MUCH IS THE PAY?[quote author=AleAirHub post=63641555] ALE-AIR KONSULT TECHNOLOGIES SERVICES is a well positioned firm that is into logistics , real estate , ICT & financial services. Is currently recruiting young , vibrant & serious minded individual between the age of 19years - 25years to fill in job below :

Job title : Office cashier

Job descriptions :

Qualified individuals will work as money transfer agent in one of our branches.

*** individual must be knowledgeable or have experience in financial accounting & bookkeeping management.

*** individual must have basic or advance knowledge in computer.

*** individual must reside or have means of accommodation in Yenagoa.

*** individual must two / three guarantors.

*** individual must have good command in customer relationship approach ,etc.

Minimum of Diploma certificate , NCE & OND.

Available vacancies : 5lots

SSCE Individual with 1/2 years working experience can also applied.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by joenor(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2017
Just work and put in your best.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by DJInfluence: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2017
I honestly don´t blame the companies doing things like this. When the government, the labour laws and the labour organisations are child´s play with no teeth, things like this will go inhibited.

So if they don´t retain you, will they pay you for the month you worked?
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2017
smiley
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by babadee1(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2017
digitslegal:

Reject it if you have any sense of self worth.
Re: Job Without Offer Letter by AleAirHub(m): 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Please hold on let me use google to find out
yelinco1:
HOW MUCH IS THE PAY?

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by ladyF(f): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
AleAirHub:
ALE-AIR KONSULT TECHNOLOGIES SERVICES is a well positioned firm that is into logistics , real estate , ICT & financial services. Is currently recruiting young , vibrant & serious minded individual between the age of 19years - 25years to fill in job below :

Job title : Office cashier

Job descriptions :

Qualified individuals will work as money transfer agent in one of our branches.

*** individual must be knowledgeable or have experience in financial accounting & bookkeeping management.

*** individual must have basic or advance knowledge in computer.

*** individual must reside or have means of accommodation in Yenagoa.

*** individual must two / three guarantors.

*** individual must have good command in customer relationship approach ,etc.

Minimum of Diploma certificate , NCE & OND.

Available vacancies : 5lots

SSCE Individual with 1/2 years working experience can also applied.

Interested individuals should submit their CV to;
I*****@gmail.com

Between now till January 1st , 2018.

Thank you.
Boss of life. Please sir, epp me with work o grin

Let me send my CV.... Ayam coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Without Offer Letter by AleAirHub(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
ladyF:

Boss of life. Please sir, epp me with work o grin

Let me send my CV.... Ayam coming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed / Npower Batch C Stream 2 Deployment Share Your Experience / World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.