Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,412 members, 7,964,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Am I Angry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Angry? (1037 Views)

Angry Friend Takes To Facebook To Name & Shame A Guy Who Ditched Her / What Name Do You Call Your Partner When You Are Angry? / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 4:00am On Apr 06, 2010
[b]I met this pretty Jamaican girl sometimes in august last year during my skool orientation. we got talking and i noticed she was the quiet type. i didn't want to rush things as i had just met her, so i decided to take it slow. we exchanged phone numbers that day.

we got to know each other as time went by. even though i didn't understand half of what she said due to her jamaican accent, we still talked. her classes and mine were usually the same period, and most of the time her classes ended well before mine did, so i just got to see her every other day. we still kept in touch thru phone though.

one thursday evening, she gave me a call and told me her laptop wasn't working properly. i told her to bring it to skool the following day for me to have a look. when i couldn't find a solution to it, i suggested she bring it the fllowing monday so that we would take it to the ICT center together. she agreed and we parted.

ever since that day i never saw her. i tried calling her several times, she douldn't pick up. i sent her a couple of voice mails and emails, she didn't reply. the last mail i sent to her was on her bday, but since i didn't hear anything from her, i assumed she may have left the skool.

this evening, i was in the computer lab checking my emails when i saw someone who I thot was her. I stood up and walked towards her. When I got there, our eyes met and lo and behold, it was her!!! I felt this anger begin to simmer in the pit of my stomach. Immediately she saw me, she took her eyes away. I simply walked away without saying anything.

Ever since I saw her this evening, I have been having this angry feeling inside me. I know I shouldn’t, but I dnt knw why. Even if she didn’t want to be my friend, at least she should have told me.[/b]
Re: Why Am I Angry? by nguage(m): 4:14am On Apr 06, 2010
It is normal for you to be curious when someone just starts avoiding you. You want to know why, what you did and what she's thinking. Especially when it's unexpected. Your inability to find answers to this questions is what's making you angry. But anyway, you have to train yourself to stop being curious about every bit in life and when the answers are not forthcoming in situations like this, retreat to your own peaceful place.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by Abbygyal(f): 4:14am On Apr 06, 2010
awww! oh well, first and foremost:

Let her be, you calling and sending emails might send the wrong fibes. . .

Secondly, you are angry because you've either missed her, have feelings for her, or you dont know what it is. its good the way you walked away from her! just wait and see what the future holds wiv u both!

wiv what youve said, i dont think she is all dat! but hey, dats just my opinion!
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 4:25am On Apr 06, 2010
Abbygyal:

awww! oh well, first and foremost:

Let her be, you calling and sending emails might send the wrong fibes. . .

Secondly, you are angry because you've either missed her, have feelings for her, or you dont know what it is. its good the way you walked away from her! just wait and see what the future holds wiv u both!

wiv what youve said, i dont think she is all dat! but hey, dats just my opinion!

I wasn’t bombarding her with emails or anything. The fact that there was no word or anything from her with no apparent reason made we wonder what was up.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 4:26am On Apr 06, 2010
and yeah, i felt i could eventually date her at some point, but didn't want to rush things.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by Abbygyal(f): 4:29am On Apr 06, 2010
some girls act foolishly. . . .maybe she will eventually come to her senses and then apologize? time shall tell
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 4:36am On Apr 06, 2010
I dnt think so. the loss of communication happened way back in october, and i just saw her today since the last time. so we are talking abt 6 months.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by Abbygyal(f): 4:39am On Apr 06, 2010
woW! Oh well! move on! its her loss not urs! been angry wouldnt help! just see as some friend who came into ur life and has gone back to wherever she belongs!

SHIT happenz.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by nguage(m): 4:40am On Apr 06, 2010
Funny, I have a very very similar story. A girl I met during orientation too, we hung out a few times and she actually once asked me what I wanted from her (even though she had a bf). At some point, I  never saw her again, I also wasn't able to get through to her. But anyway, 2 semester later, she calls me and she told me had to take a break from school, she was having some issues. Nowadays we're very close, she calls me a lot, loves being around me and I hold her in high regards too. No relationship though, she feels like a sister at this point and I'm sure she sees me as a brother too.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 4:47am On Apr 06, 2010
Abbygyal:

woW! Oh well! move on! its her loss not urs! been angry wouldnt help! just see as some friend who came into your life and has gone back to wherever she belongs!

poo happenz.

i had already forgotten abt her until i saw her today. u know that angry feeling that comes up when u realize someone who u thot may have vanished without a trace or word suddenly appears out of the blue, and doesn't seem to care whether ure feelings are hurt or not.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by neily(f): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2010
Maybe u did not pass her test. She wanted to know whether u re very good wit computers, even wit mechanical faults. But u didn't pass. So move on!
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 8:21am On Apr 06, 2010
@Poster,Why were you angry,I can understand upset or shock but anger shocked.

Maybe she could see or sense your anger that's why she did not say anything to you. You could send her a short text saying hi. smiley
Re: Why Am I Angry? by BloodShed1: 8:47am On Apr 06, 2010
LOL MAN THE Bleep UP!!!!

You screwed up by bombarding her with calls, emails and voicemails etc. You should have just called her once and that's it. She's clearly leading you by your d*ck, and like a sucker you're taking the bait.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
madlady:

@Poster,Why were you angry,I can understand upset or shock but anger shocked.

Maybe she could see or sense your anger that's why she did not say anything to you. You could send her a short text saying hi. smiley

At first when i saw her i wasn't angry. i was surprised. it was later on when i left and was thinking about it that the anger started brewing in me.
Blood_Shed:

LOL MAN THE bleep UP!!!!
You screwed up by bombarding her with calls, emails and voicemails etc. You should have just called her once and that's it. She's clearly leading you by your d*ck, and like a sucker you're taking the bait.

dude, it wasn't as if i was calling her everyday. when it first happened, i called her the first week once, then waited till the next week. when i didn't hear from her, i waited another 2 weeks then called. the next time i tried calling her was on her bday in december. the last time i sent her anything was b4 xmas(email). that was when i decided to stop all contact.

Maybe i should have listened, but she once told me she was a miserable friend to anyone who wanted to be her friend. she always had this serious un-smiling look on her face all the time and i do jokingly tell her to put a smile on her face once in a while.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
kunleajayi:

dude, it wasn't as if i was calling her everyday. when it first happened, i called her the first week once, then waited till the next week. when i didn't hear from her, i waited another 2 weeks then called. the next time i tried calling her was on her bday in december. the last time i sent her anything was b4 xmas(email). that was when i decided to stop all contact.

Maybe i should have listened, but she once told me she was a miserable friend to anyone who wanted to be her friend. she always had this serious un-smiling look on her face all the time and i do jokingly tell her to put a smile on her face once in a while.

Hmm , do you think she has a bf?

Maybe she's not into the male friendship thing undecided.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by tai2(m): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2010
You're angry because you feel like you were deficient in some way, like you weren't good enough. She didn't dig you plain and simple, that's her loss, not yours. How many billion women are there on this planet anyway?
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Poster, some times things are not plain and simple.

This may have had nothing to do with her not liking you, she may have thought the cultural differences may have been too much.
   She may have decided to stop taking your calls to avoid wasting anymore of your time.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2010
madlady:

Hmm , do you think she has a bf?

Maybe she's not into the male friendship thing
undecided.

Pro'lly, but i feel the least she should have done was telling me she had one or she wasn't interested in being my friend. and it wasn't as if i had even started wooing her.

tai2:

You're angry because you feel like you were deficient in some way, like you weren't good enough. She didn't dig you plain and simple, that's her loss, not yours. How many billion women are there on this planet anyway?

it's just the surprise of seeing her that made me start getting angry after i thot it thru. like u said, it's her loss, not mine. thanks all the same.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2010
I understand, the anger is justified
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2010
madlady:

@Poster, some times things are not plain and simple.

This may have had nothing to do with her not liking you, she may have thought the cultural differences my have been too much.
  She may have decided to stop taking your calls to avoid wasting anymore of your time.

U think so? maybe pple have different ways of saying things and this might have been her own version, which i count as immature anyway.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
kunleajayi:

Pro'lly, but i feel the least she should have done was telling me she had one or she wasn't interested in being my friend. and it wasn't as if i had even started wooing her.

it's just the surprise of seeing her that made me start getting angry after i thot it thru. like u said, it's her loss, not mine. thanks all the same.

Maybe she was interested, but just did not see a future in it.

How old was she?
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
madlady:

Maybe she was interested, but just did not see a future in it.

How old was she?

she was born in 1985 (according to her profile page on the skool website), so she was about to turn 25 years old when i met her.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2010
kunleajayi:

she was born in 1985 (according to her profile page on the skool website), so she was about to turn 25 years old when i met her.

Ok,Still quite young.

She may find it easy to avoid rather than explain, hence her no longer taking your calls.
Some times guys can be very persuasive,she may have wanted to avoid all that pressure.
Yes it was quite rude of her to just cut you off like that but it may have seemed like the easy way out.

I am Jamaican so maybe I am biased. undecided
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
madlady:

Ok,Still quite young.

She may find it easy to avoid rather than explain, hence her no longer taking your calls.
Some times guys can be very persuasive,maybe wanted to avoid all that pressure. Yes it was quite rude of her to just cut you off like that but
she may felt like taking the easy way out.

I am of Jamaican so maybe I am biased. undecided

u could be right. all the same thanks for all the explanations. u suggest (if) i see her again, i should walk up to her?
Re: Why Am I Angry? by madlady(f): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2010
kunleajayi:

u could be right. all the same thanks for all the explanations. u suggest (if) i see her again, i should walk up to her?

Hmmm, well I am not sure undecided. My instincts say, forget it.Move on.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by dhensity: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
move on ,nd next tim if u see her dnt show ur anger on her she might probably see gud reasons that she shouldnt be avoiding u,,,since u didnt make a move
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
yeah i guess. not worth the stress like tai2 said.
Re: Why Am I Angry? by kunleajayi: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
dhensity:

move on ,nd next tim if u see her dnt show your anger on her she might probably see gud reasons that she shouldnt be avoiding u,,,since u didnt make a move

like i mentioned b4, i didn't show any anger when i saw her, our eyes just met for a second and she took hers away. i just simply walked away. it was much later that i started feeling the anger brewing.

nd how would i have made a move on a girl who just vanished without a trace?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS GIENNEVE CAUGHT ON VIDEO MOLESTED / We Can Be Friends / Tomorw She Go Say, Na One Woman For Her Village Dey Do Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.