Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,462 members, 7,914,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:18 PM

Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever (811 Views)

Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by deji17: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Power transmission hits 5,222 megawatts — highest ever
December 26

�by Oluseyi Awojulugbe

The ministry of power says the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) successfully transmitted 5,222 megawatts of power to the national grid, the highest transmission in the country’s history.

The ministry announced this in a tweet on Tuesday morning.

“The Transmission Company of Nigeria, (TCN) recorded a new national peak with the transmission of 5,222.3 mega watts (MW) of electricity into the national grid. This achievement is the highest ever recorded in Nigeria’s power sector to-date.”

Fed Ministry of PWH
@FMPWH
The Transmission Company of Nigeria, (TCN) recorded a new national peak with the transmission of 5,222.3 Mega Watts (MW) of electricity into the national grid. This achievement is the highest ever recorded in Nigeria's power sector to-date.
10:33 PM - Dec 25, 2017

In a statement released in Abuja on Sunday, Ndidi Mbah, TCN general manager, public affairs, said the company developed a transmission rehabilitation and expansion programme (TREP) to enable it prioritise and execute critical transmission projects across the country.

Mbah said this necessitated the clearing of TCN’s stranded containers containing various transmission equipment at the seaports, to enable it complete previously abandoned projects to further expand the transmission grid.

She said a total of 759 containers were abandoned by contractors at the ports within the last five years.

Of this figure, Mbah said 454 have been cleared by the TCN from March to date, adding that payment for 193 containers had been made and payments for 112 containers were yet to be made.

https://www.thecable.ng/power-transmission-hits-5222mw-highest-ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by SalamRushdie: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Lies

3 Likes

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by GavelSlam: 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Lies

E pain am.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by acenazt: 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ohhh Naija. Wen dem S.A dey transmit 40k MW we dey celebrate mediocrity. Anyways sha i really saw imoroved power conditions this past 3 days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by HeyCorleone(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
For a country that has spent nearly 60 years in independence, this is extremely poor.

Countries that gained independence at almost the same time with us in Asia and Europe are light years ahead in every ramifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by ekensi01: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
Really

This is what I appreciate Buhari for.

The rest of his achievements are behind bars

2 Likes

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Temidayo9(m): 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
This milestone no reach BEDC Akure. Infacts it has never worse in power distribution like this...
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by deji17: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
acenazt:
Ohhh Naija. Wen dem S.A dey transmit 40k MW we dey celebrate mediocrity. Anyways sha i really saw imoroved power conditions this past 3 days

South Africa built their 40k MW, one hundred MW at a time, not 40k MW at a go. Nigeria has wasted a lot of time with PDP, Abacha and IBB.
Na when person wake up be him morning. Now we will build one hundred MW at a time untill we reach 40K MW and beyond.
You have to start from somewhere. Everyone you see that has achieved something today started from somewhere.
We are starting late, no thanks to PDP, Abacha and IBB. Slowly but steady, we will get there.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by simonlee(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
we keep seeing headlines like this while some of my light bulbs can't even shine brighter than cigar! haba na....mtchew!!!
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by EvilMetahuman: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
acenazt:
transmission is different from generation.

2 Likes

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by simonlee(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
I keep seeing headlines like this from time to time and my neighbour's light bulb can't even shine brighter than cigar at night!
I swear even Buhari's future in 2019 is brighter than their light bulbs?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Ratello: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
deji17:

South Africa built their 40k MW, one hundred MW at a time, not 40k MW at a go. Nigeria has wasted a lot of time with PDP and IBB.
Na when person wake up be him morning. Now we will build one hundred MW at a time untill we reach 40K MW and beyond.
You have to start from somewhere. Everyone you see that has achieved something today started from somewhere.
We are starting late, no thanks to PDP and IBB. Slowly but steady, we will get there.

Are you preaching? A serious government will fix problems of power supply within 6 months says Fashola your minister of power and you are here preaching "slow and steady" funny dude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Daviddson(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
I smell lies. Next month they'll tell us 5,221MW is the highest so far forgetting their earlier figure. I've seen 7000mw peak generation in this same Nairaland. :
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Johnapeh: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
Main while, my village has been experiencing black out all through Christmas. AEDC come to our aid @ Anyigba kogi state behind police station to be precise
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
APc and Lies.... sad

5000 without evidence.. only statements.

believe this.. if you believe horses fly undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Ever8054: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
5,222 megawatts on paper....
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by deji17: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ratello:

Are you preaching? A serious government will fix problems of power supply within 6 months says Fashola your minister of power and you are here preaching "slow and steady" funny dude.

Why do you love peddling fake news so much? Are you so shameless that honesty is a problem of yours? Fashola clarified what he said, but his explanation does not fit into your narratives. Do you happen to have the video that Fashola is asking for? Shameless liar.

I didn’t promise regular power in six months –Fashola
Published May 25, 2016

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has denied ever saying as the then Governor of Lagos State that if given a chance, he could fix the problem of electricity in Nigeria within six months.

Fashola, who was speaking during a programme on the Nigerian Television Authority Network on Tuesday, which was monitored by our correspondent, urged those crediting the statement to him to stop peddling falsehood.

The minister challenged anyone with a recording of where he had boasted that he could provide regular electricity to Nigerians within six months to publish such insisting that he had only promised that he could supply a community in the Lekki area of Lagos with power from an Independent Power Project in the state within six months with the permission to do so.

He said, “I have heard that I said that electricity problem will be solved in six months. I have never made the statement. Anybody who has a video of where I said this should please make it public. The point I made was when I was handing over the Lekki IPP because we had about 10 megawatts of power there.”

punchng.com/didnt-promise-regular-power-six-months-fashola/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by slimfit1(m): 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
Solar power wind turbines are needed to boost the system . We have companies that are scared of Nigerian but would love to invest.

1 Like

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
This power story is beginning to sound like Maikanti's delusion of NNPC having 30day fuel reserve yet no pms in the stations.

Why the disconnect between power generation -transmission and distribution by discos to our homes? ?

It has been load shedding in my area as if we now run a sweeping roaster.
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by meccuno: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
shame of a nation.
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by surgical: 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Daviddson:
I smell lies. Next month they'll tell us 5,221MW is the highest so far forgetting their earlier figure. I've seen 7000mw peak generation in this same Nairaland. :
They lie and forget, they think we have feathers in our brains like their supporters That they lied to us before and got away with doesn't mean we won't become wiser.
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by AuroraB(f): 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Egbeigwe gbagbuo gi there angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by surgical: 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
stellx:
This power story is beginning to sound like Maikanti's delusion of NNPC having 30day fuel reserve yet no pms in the stations.

Why the disconnect between power generation -transmission and distribution by discos to our homes? ?

It has been load shedding in my area as if we now run a sweeping roaster.
you have learn to live with it the ministry is headed by grandmaster of propaganda, that was what he used to govern Lagos, thesame template he is using at the ministry of power, whether he will be able to pull wool over our entire face remains to be seen.
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by deji17: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
Daviddson:

Certainly, you do not know the difference between power generation, transmission and distribution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Daviddson(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
surgical:
They lie and forget, they think we have feathers in our brains like their supporters That they lied to us before and got away with doesn't mean we won't become wiser.
grin
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by BluntBoy(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
AuroraB:
Egbeigwe gbagbuo gi there angry
What does that mean
Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by deji17: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
bounty007:
APc and Lies.... sad

5000 without evidence.. only statements.

believe this.. if you believe horses fly undecided

Maybe they should just test one mega watt on your body to see if it is real or not grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Power Transmission Hits 5,222 Megawatts — Highest Ever by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 29, 2017
deji17:

Maybe they should just test one mega watt on your body to see if it is real or not grin grin grin grin grin

shocked

grin grin
n

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taraba State House Of Assembly Member Barr. Hosea Ibi Killed By Unknown Gunmen / Buhari Is Running An Unworkable Government - APC Chieftain, Bisi Akande / Qaulity Of Life Would've Been Better If GEJ Was Re-elected .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.