Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:18 PM

Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen (5251 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Amaechiā€™s Aide, Freddy Ndigbara Kidnapped By Gunmen At Rivers Rally / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by SkyBlue1: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2010
igbo boy:

Abeg make una free my governor, obasanjo neva go jail, IBB neva go jail, danjuma, iwu etc and you guys are hounding on Ibori as if na only him don chop money, Ibori aint no saint but i believe we should start with the top then we can get rid of all these useless leaders

Are you for real? Sorry if you take offence, but have you no concept of shame? Did he steal money or not? Classic example of bad followership. A man came to your house and robbed you and despoiled your children, and all you can say is, 'let him go till we catch worse armed robbers'. Clap for yourself.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by yemmii(m): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2010
Can i ask one question, why is it so difficult to get justice in this country of ours
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by chidichris(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2010

Are you for real? Sorry if you take offence, but have you no concept of shame? Did he steal money or not? Classic example of bad followership. A man came to your house and robbed you and despoiled your children, and all you can say is, 'let him go till we catch worse armed robbers'. Clap for yourself.

@sky blue,
are u from delta? if not, how come u like delta more than ur state? why are we not calling for the heads of our various former state govs? why is everyone after ibori? did his looting go beyond delta state? what we display here is equally the crime called selective justice. we all have our former govs and we overlook them for ibori.
let each and everyone of us here bring his former govs so that we kill them all at once.
if anyone considers his gov worthy to live, let that one tell us here why he thinks so.
they have all sinned and deserve to die but if for any reason, any of them is considered for a ministerial appointment like my former state gov achike udenwa, let all of them be made ministers.
if the war on corruption in nigeria is for a few opositions, i then support the idea of using even weapon of mass distruction on the so called efcc.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by SkyBlue1: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
chidichris:

@sky blue,
are u from delta? if not, how come u like delta more than your state? why are we not calling for the heads of our various former state govs? why is everyone after ibori? did his looting go beyond delta state? what we display here is equally the crime called selective justice. we all have our former govs and we overlook them for ibori.
let each and everyone of us here bring his former govs so that we kill them all at once.
if anyone considers his gov worthy to live, let that one tell us here why he thinks so.
they have all sinned and deserve to die but if for any reason, any of them is considered for a ministerial appointment like my former state gov achike udenwa, let all of them be made ministers.
if the war on corruption in nigeria is for a few opositions, i then support the idea of using even weapon of mass distruction on the so called efcc.

No need to project your own dispositions on me. I am not you. Unlike you, the fact that someone has amassed so much wealth through corruption is enough for me. If EFCC seem to think they can nail Ibori now, then so be it. With the way some defend him you would think the guy is innoccent, it really is disgusting. The fact that you can be protective of your state governor even if he diverted funds meant for development does not mean everyone is like you, so please if you stand for corruption then that is your business. Is Ibori guilty or not? If he is guilty then what on earth is the issue here? Honestly I have to ask again, have you no concept of shame? What is all this 'he stole but some stole more' arguement? How can people with such warped reasining ever condemn corruption again?
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by shotster50(m): 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ Chidi, you call it selective justice. You and I know that as far as Nigeria is concerned, any form of justice is better than non at all. It is going to be selective until all the politicians are selected.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by SkyBlue1: 12:02am On Apr 09, 2010
shotster50:

@ Chidi, you call it selective justice. You and I know that as far as Nigeria is concerned, any form of justice is better than non at all. It is going to be selective until all the guilty politicians are selected.

"Selective justice" ke. Abeg. I cannot wait till "selective justice" visits my own former state gorvenor, oh what a beautiful day that would be. At least with such a move, the next guys will think twice and it could possibly mean corruption reduces in the state, so guess what happens? The people actually get to see there money spent on them. But of course trust people to twist reasoning and stand it on its head to make anything seem like a bad thing. If it is Ibori's turn to roast then let him roast, after all if he ha dnothing to answer for then there would be no need to sweat. Trust some people on the forum though to vehemently defend armed robbers and then next week come and give a detailed and condescending lecture on "the problem with Nigeria", or some pretensious lament on the state of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by shotster50(m): 12:42am On Apr 09, 2010
I am all for these politicians answering for their crimes, same way average joe does but given that these are Nigerian politicians, any would do. If you think a day will come when they will all be answerable to the suffering citizens of Nigeria then you live in utopia.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by rasputinn(m): 3:13am On Apr 09, 2010
"There might be a self-inflicted disability on the part of the leadership of the EFCC, because once the leadership is compromised, then the operatives will no longer be safe. The commission must look inwards to find out what they have not been doing right to protect their operatives,"

Very instructive
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by rasputinn(m): 3:31am On Apr 09, 2010
The noose is gradually tightening around the neck of tha thieving,looting,murderous baastard called James Ibori.As long as E.K Clark, Goodluck Jonathan and Nuhu Ribadu remain relevant in the politics of Nigeria,it's only a matter of when Ibori will be nailed and not if
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by deb(m): 5:48am On Apr 09, 2010
There is something called Nemesis, it will catch up with somebody someday
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by rasputinn(m): 8:41am On Apr 09, 2010
Ibori,you can run,but I assure you;YOUR NEMESIS IS AT YOUR DOOR STEP already grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by obicmag(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
Mr. Ibori don't forget the acient adage "EVERY DAY FOR THE THIEF AND ONE DAY FOR THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE". You can do everything within your powers to stall justice but i promise you a day is fast approaching when you will be a room mate to chief Bode George.Is very glaring your uniform is waiting for you at kirikiri.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by sley4life(m): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
Good news indeed
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by chidichris(m): 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
"There might be a self-inflicted disability on the part of the leadership of the EFCC, because once the leadership is compromised, then the operatives will no longer be safe. The commission must look inwards to find out what they have not been doing right to protect their operatives,"

Very instructive

@rasputinn,
when efcc came on board, it had all our supports as we believed that the time had come but like u said, what they did wrong is called SELECTIVE JUSTICE.
selective justice as we saw under obasanjo can be more dangerious than the massive and free for all looting that we used to have.
will it be necessary for me to draw ur attention to the case of ptdf scandal in which ribadu told us his findings. the laughable thing in the matter was that atiku did not deny rather he told us that they were two in the business. it was rather unfortunate that atiku swore not to go down alone and the authorities that be knew the implication of such statement hence the death of that matter till date.
were u aware of the money laundary case established against andy uba the then special adviser to obasanjo? he was found guilty in the usa and the matter involved the use of our presidential jet to carry raw cash to the usa. he was found guilty by a law court and was fined and the money seized. when did ribadu say when the gentle man came back - IT WAS CIVIL CASE.
until the efcc and whoever is fighting corruption in nigeria make it an everybody's problem, the idea of catching some and leaving some will never help nigeria.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by kobonaija: 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hi guys, can someone who is knowledgeable in this educate me.

Can EFCC prosecute persons confirmed to be corrupt, or should I say thief? Are they mere fact-finding like Oputa panel, in other words, barking dogs that cannot bite?

Or will they have to hand over to the Nigerian Police to prosecute, which in my honest opinion seems to be bad news?

If they can't prosecute, I better tell my relative to quit the EFCC job and save his life, because informants in the NP could be giving intel to the assassins. He will be better off selling groundnuts grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by rasputinn(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2010
[size=16pt]Ibori: EFCC storms two banks[/size]

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004101562076
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by rasputinn(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2010
^^^^
All that remains to be done is for Jonathan to bring back Ribadu ASAP to oversee Farida(who has been alleged to have been compromised by Ibori),let them dig up ALL the files used in that mis-trial by that useless bribe-taking corrupt Asaba high court judge,who declared Ibori not guilty of corruption charges(after allegedly collecting a bribe of $15 million from Ibori),let Farida be compelled to filoe fresh corruption chargesagainst Ibori,based on those files,let the nosse tighten around his murderous corrupt neck,I'm sure justice will then be served and Ibori will spend quality time in jail and his assets should be confiscated and sold off
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by monkeyleg: 9:50am On Apr 10, 2010
@ Rasputinn,

For we Deltans, I think what upsets me most, if how he raped and plundered that state, only to deny us the opportunity for good governance by installing his brother. The case against Ibori failed because his younger brother remains the fraudulent governeor of that state.

So let it be understood that Ribadu will have to investigate Uduaghan as well as Ibori.

For those who remember the 2007 election in the state. We did not have primaries. There was internal fighting within pdp in the state. Ibori was hell bent on getting Uduaghan selected, that there was actually no selection at all. All other candidates were either threatened or bought out. And now we all know the reason why

Uduaghan was brought in to cover up. We all as Nigerians have big job ahead of us. And we must all encourage the likes of Nuhu who are fighting against all odds.
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by chidichris(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2010
i can tell u all that alams has paid all the prices that needed to be paid and if ribadu lays his hands on alams again, it will never be the same.
all these noise making here are just empty treats.
every case of corruption in nigeria linked to obasanjo and as soon as ribadu notices that obasanjo is involved, he drops the case.
i have asked here on several occassions, what happened to the established case against atiku? why is atiku not in jail?
nigeria has three tiers of govt viz; federal, state and local govt area and if u want to put it the other way round, it will be local govt area, state and the federal.
any real war on corruption must start either way. the idea of selecting and jumping the lines is another form of corruption itself.
if efcc believes that everything is ok at federal levels, let them line up all the state govs and not because someone has said no to the dictator, he becomes the criminal.
it is a shame that most of here do not have crtical analyses of what they are told. i am not moved by the ribadu noise making. let him point to the changes his noise making brought in the eight yrs of his deciet. how far has the recovered loots helped in changing our lives. ribadu must tell nigerians how come no one is standing trial on all the federal govt contracts between 1999 and 2007.
why was mrs etteh who duped the federal govt as a speaker of the house of repnot jailed?
Re: Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen by monkeyleg: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2010
@chidichris,

I tend to agree with Skyblue. Whether we like it or not the fight against corruption must start from somewhere, it is a shame that you feel that it is not starting from where you had hoped it would. The simple question is did Ibori defraud the state? Did he get his brother to cover up for him, by imposing him on Deltans? Is Uduaghan guilty of Perverting the cause of justice?

My friend there are serious issues that need to be dealt with, and I am sick and tired of Nigerians not facing up to the truth. It is this same thing that has damaged our country. Yes he is a thief, but he is not the only one, so please let him go free. Go and catch the bigger thief first before you catch the small one. Maybe you really under estimate the level of Ibori's corruption in Delta

The man is a thief, a big one for the matter, some would even suggest the biggest in the country, and yet you are not convinced that the fight must start at his door step?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yet Another National I.D. Card Scheme / Sacked Non-indigenes Lament As Abia Compiles Lists / I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.