Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,219 members, 7,884,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? (2294 Views)

Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Syenite(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2010
"From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron: Defender of the Universe. A mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System they maintained peace through out the universe until a new horrible menace swept the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of a super force, space explorers-specially trained to bring back, (swaiiiii) VOLTRON the defender of the Universe".

It was my favourite TV program on NTA 2 Channel 5 and Channel 10 Lagos. I used to rush home from school quickly so I can start my afternoon/evening chores before 5pm which was usually time for Voltron on a particular day of the week which I can't remember now. My favourite character was Princess Alora(blue lion). And my most hated character was 'Old witch Hagar'. Remember the Red Berret robist that gave Voltron a very tough time? Did you watch Voltron?Share your experience
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2010
I did together with 4 other siblings. We shared the xters among ourselves. Lance,keep,peeg mark princess spence. My cousin was lothurn. Was really fun btw 1988-1990 or there about. Others were G-Force, Rent a Ghost, Dr who. D children of now adays no sabi anythng
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by maskuraid(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
toba:

I did together with 4 other siblings. We shared the xters among ourselves. Lance,keep,peeg mark princess spence. My cousin was lothurn. Was really fun btw 1988-1990 or there about. Others were G-Force, Rent a Ghost, Dr who. D children of now adays no sabi anythng

tru talk my broda.children of nowadays dey miss,nothin to watch collectively and discuss in school.o ma se o.we really had fun those good 'ol days .superted/terrahawks/scooby doo etc, 'sigh'
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Syenite(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
toba:

D children of now adays no sabi anythng

Very correct!

maskuraid:

tru talk my broda.children of nowadays dey miss,nothin to watch collectively and discuss in school.o ma se o.we really had fun those good 'ol days .superted/terrahawks/scooby doo etc, 'sigh'

Wrong! they watch the English Premiership and Champions' League collectively and spend the whole day discussing Man. U, Arsenal and Chelsea. Those days the only time we watched live football matches was when Nigeria was playing in any of those FIFA U-17/ U-20 World cups or African nations'cup. You know, Nduka Ogbade, Phillip Osondu, Samuel Okwaraji, Christopher Ohenhen. Who sabi about premiership then?
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by teeluv(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
the soundtrack still rings in my head,

1 Like

Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Tatase(f): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2010
I loved Voltron ("form feet and legs, form arms and body, and I'll form the head!"). I'll never understand why the lions would wait to get beaten before forming voltron. . . and why didn't they just immediately "form blazing sword. . ." I don't know sha, it made sense to me at the time.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by rhetta: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2010
Really loved voltron my best was princess the pink lion, I also liked danger mouse, terrahawks (zero) o vid video, sesame street etc men i love d memories of my childhood days.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by rhetta: 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2010
Really loved voltron my best was princess the pink lion, I also liked danger mouse, terrahawks (zero) o vid video, sesame street etc men i love d memories of my childhood days.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
[size=13pt]haven't seen it yet. so i'll take it off the list then. . . . smiley[/size]
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Tatase(f): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2010
rhetta:

I liked pink lion best too! Didn't she and keith (black lion/ the leader) have a little something-something going on?? (trust me to notice that).

I loved all these shows too (had forgotten danger mouse). Also remember Teddy Ruxpin, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, Little Prince, Peter and his Toybox, Kiddyvision 101!!! Ah those NTA days, from 4p.m. and by like 3.59, you're waiting by the tv.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by dangling: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2010
i really miss the good old days
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by puskin: 1:47am On Apr 14, 2010
"From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron: Defender of the Universe. A mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System they maintained peace through out the universe until a new horrible menace swept the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of a super force, space explorers-specially trained to bring back, (swaiiiii) VOLTRON the defender of the Universe".

U missed some few minor wordz, . . . . letz complete it now!!!! But U were a true fan of Voltron. . . . . .  just like ME.

"From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron, a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Arus, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System they maintained peace through out the universe until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of a super force of space explorers-specially trained and sent by the Alliance to bring back (swaiiiii) VOLTRON the defender of the Universe".

1 Like

Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Areaboy2(m): 2:28am On Apr 14, 2010
Ready To Form Voltron! Activate Interlock! Dynatherms Connected! Infracells Up! Megathrusters Are Go! Let's Go Voltron Force! Form feet and legs. Form arms and torso. And, I'll form the head!

i doubt any of you loved voltron more than myself, i can still recite that damn thing today. it only makes sense to me now smiley

2 Likes

Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
i missed those days too,danger mouse,superted,ducktales,masters of d universe,captain planet, then our own , hotcash(wiliwili),boy-o-boy,jaguar,ichoku,etc.damnnnn,wished those gud old days cud cum bac
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by fellabrims: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2010
U guys have said it all. . .Was always running back to meet up with it. . . I was always saying rubbish then, but could really draw it very well. Was even thinking at a point to be a cartoonist all for the sake of the cartoons i saw back then.

Tatase:

I liked pink lion best too! Didn't she and keith (black lion/ the leader) have a little something-something going on?? (trust me to notice that).

So you noticed that too. I think Lotor kinda liked princess alora. But he was very wicked esp with the influence of Hagar, ha! i remember one teacher in our school which we all named Hagar( behind her back sha o)

I still think kids of today, that is those that have HITV and DSTV aint doing bad as well in the world of Cartoons o. Such Cartoons as Dexter Lab, Samurai X, sponge box squared pants,Ben 10, Spiderman/ Superman and all these Marvel cartoon which are kind of transformed into movies. . . They too will be history some day and be remembered.

No mind me o I still dey watch Cartoon wella. . .that stuff sure gat influence on ones I.Q
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2010
Omg! I remember voltron quite wel.bak in d days.late 8os n early 9os,batman too. N turtle ninjas.dey used 2 show it on dbn n sumtimes nta.i used 2 watch it wit my freinds/clasmate wen d skul bus drops us at home we'l eat d popular indomie n dash down 2 watch cartoon.childhood was fun n great.i rily enjoyd it
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by dominique(f): 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2010
my favorite cartoon back in the days. back then me and my neibourhood kids will watch it together and act out all the scenes. . .oh the memories!!! cry

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uS5b8aQ6z8&hl=en[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by moonraker(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2010
Alongside G-Force aka Battle of the planet,

terror hawks, muppet babies darn,  that was

when NTA2 channel 5 was still a station worth watching,

Btw, i just downloaded the whole Voltron episode,
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by puskin: 3:24am On Apr 22, 2010
^^@moonraker
I also have all the episodes of Voltron. . . . . . pls do U know where i can download all the episodes of Thundersub
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by moonraker(m): 3:48am On Apr 22, 2010
@ puskin

erm try searching btjunkie.org wink
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Syenite(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
puskin:

U missed some few minor wordz, . . . . letz complete it now!!!! But U were a true fan of Voltron. . . . . .  just like ME.

"From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron, a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Arus, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System they maintained peace through out the universe until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy. Voltron was needed once more. This is the story of a super force of space explorers-specially trained and sent by the Alliance to bring back (swaiiiii) VOLTRON the defender of the Universe".

Oh Boy you too much! You beat me to it. As I was reading those words the Voltron music was playing in my mind. lol! Good childhood memories growing up in the 80s and 90s was fun.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by shanicemel(f): 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
voltron was aired on tuesdays precisely hmm what an xperience l loved princess alora so much infact voltron no dey die at all no matter what. children of this days dem dey watch cartoon hisses sponge bob square pant and dora d xplorer makes me sleep. d good old days.thanks for d memories bro

1 Like

Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by sammily(m): 11:26am On Feb 07, 2013
rhetta: Really loved voltron my best was princess the pink lion, I also liked danger mouse, terrahawks (zero) o vid video, sesame street etc men i love d memories of my childhood days.

I think you are mistaken the colour of the princess uniforn to the colour of her lion. The princess wears a PINK uniform but pilots the BLUE lion.
Re: Voltron The Defender Of The Universe-did You Watch It? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 09, 2013
dangling: i really miss the good old days
O boy i am growing old o .... Lol..... U forgot to include speak out, storyland by Uncle Jimi and tales by moonlight

(1) (Reply)

Swing And A Miss: Xmen Days Of Future Past / 10 Child Stars - SO cute then, not so cute now! / Empire And Power Fans Get In Here, Who Is More Smarter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.