Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,814 members, 7,918,626 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:58 PM

Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration (2969 Views)

See What Patrick Obahiagbon Said After The Inauguration. / Some Nigerians Are Not Happy GMB Ate At The Inauguration Dinner / Photos: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by chosen04(f): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sun of god:

[size=14pt]Aisha2 - What's an Innuguration if you dont mind me asking?[/size]

Your post was only 5 words - Yet contained at least 2 spelling mistakes - From a moderator?

And your blaming it on football?

So the Emir was right about football and our failing educational standards?

Naija - We are in trouble!

I though i was the only one that noticed-----

Innuguration--This is the English premiership way of spelling it?
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by presido1: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sun of god:

[size=14pt]Aisha2 - What's an Innuguration if you dont mind me asking?[/size]
Your post was only 5 words - Yet contained at least 2 spelling mistakes - From a moderator?
And your blaming it on football?
So the Emir was right about football and our failing educational standards?
Naija - We are in trouble!
Some peeps called emir names when the news was aired, Now Aisha2 has confirmed that.

@Post

Let him start work and don't know why it took him weeks to "innugurate" this cabinet. At this rate Yadie(Yaradua) might be Usain Bolt compared to this Amayanabo.
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by PapaBrowne(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
chosen04:

I though i was the only one that noticed-----

Innuguration--This is the English premiership way of spelling it?

cheesy U noticed noticed someone else's typo, but didn't notice yours.

. . . . . . .there's is a log in your eyes and you are pointing fingers at the speck in your sister's eye
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by xterra2(m): 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2010
the best among them is:
"I hate to disapoint you but i hate even more to disappoint the nation"-----woo that was so nice
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by eros(m): 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
I hope he means everything he said in this speech.
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by Kilode1: 12:27am On Apr 08, 2010
rebranded:

Jonathan will make sure they work, he has told them their job is to implement the budget no stories, no waste of time on fruitless researches

I like the part he said:

18. In the comforts of our offices let us not forget that majority of our people live below the poverty line and that many of the things we take for granted are in fact the long unfulfilled dreams of many of our country men, women and children. There is therefore an urgency here that must not escape our attention.

Alot of our leaders dont think that way, i have a feeling life is about to be better in Nigeria

Yeah, that was the best statement in the speech for me too. Unfortunately, I've lived too long in Nigeria to shake off my cynicism. I'm still as cynical as ever. This generation of leaders? with our "the people can go to hell" political culture? they have a lot of convincing to do.
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by HARDDON: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2010
Aisha2 I do xpect more frm a u nxt tym, yea i do knw we are all humans and we are all prone to mistakes but if only we can go over the write-up at least twice b4 we post, we wudnt mk a fool of ourselves, i wud be watchin,

nonetheless,

those that are born politicians knw fully well that promises are swit woolin tools !!!!!

but wen these tools are mixed wiv pitfalls and saddled wiv subjections to the xtent of robing all of ur own in the process, there mite be an element of sincerity in the underlining,

May God see him tru
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by reachay(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2010
This is one of the best i have heard from our leaders in a long time, but we want the speech to be backed by action while he is Acting.
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by mamagee3(f): 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2010
Who Cares?, we need action that would lead to the improvement of Nigeria. . .
Not speeches and breaking news from Aso Rock.
Re: Jonathans Speech At The Inauguration by oge4real(f): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
No more speeches, lets see the action!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan / Nigeria's Power Women: Most Influential Nigerian Women Of 2011 / Sorry General Obasanjo, But It’s Already ‘too Late!’ – By Chinedu Ekeke, A Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.