Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,859 members, 7,909,228 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:14 PM

Web Design Assistance Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Assistance Needed (632 Views)

Wordpress Assistance Needed: About Author / Assistance Needed On How To Create A Free Blog / Yahoomail Notification . Assistance Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design Assistance Needed by Euclidmyke(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hi pros,

I need web design skills and knowledge as a matter of urgency. I am blank in programming but has little idea of vb6.0. How can i begin and which language is most suitable. I cannot afford NIIT and APTECH fees. I need ur guide. grin
Euclidmyke
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by quadrillio(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
I for help, but wetin disqualify you be say u dey ABJ, grin grin grin grin grin

any ABJ developer in d house should help.

-SAFE
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by lojik(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
quadrillio:

I for help, but wetin disqualify you be say u dey ABJ, grin grin grin grin grin
any ABJ developer in d house should help.
Haba! no use dat one comot ursef o. If u wan help, u fit assist d guy online. lipsrsealed
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by CyberGuru1(m): 12:37am On Apr 08, 2010
I can help you if you reside in Abuja. Believe me, spending much or less money will never guarantee you the best knowledge in web programming/development. There are thousands of secrets to uncover, just call me on 08067068238, if you are a serious guy.
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by donline: 8:12am On Apr 08, 2010
give me a call for assistance 08035057766
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2010
na only mrperfect comment make sense here,

@Poster. Web design focuses on look of sites. Web development goes a bit further to teach some languages like php and other languages that may make sites good. Web Programming looks at programming with php, Javascript, Ajax, sql, and some other nonsense. Software programming/development looks as desktop based application development. Which one you won learn?

@Quadrillio. How far na. Help this dude na. Online lecture still exist na at least on www.marknollis.com/students.html
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by quadrillio(m): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^^ if he truly need help let him start something, and ask for help then he will be surprise at d number of responses.

as for now I can't really start from ABC. It's not as if am proud (you know am not that kind of a person).

I just want him to ve a foundation I can build on.

- SAFE
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 10, 2010
Quadrillio, i understand, I sure do. I don see pple too wey don tell me say them won learn this and that, yet they have little or no drive or true intention.

Sure, you no proud at all na, At least you help me on Yahoo with some issues of web and php,
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 11, 2010
Alxmyr. The dude may be good. I guess good developers have no time to develop good things for themselves. grin

Quadrillio knows that.
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by quadrillio(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^^ Why me? shey na me be d only coder wey no get time to dey do too much design ni. LOL

come to think of it, am not that bad with designs nah.

- SAFE
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 12, 2010
Not like that sir, I meant you know how lazy developers can be, Even i am. Code most times ignore real face value,

Remember when i first started my validation error page will be in a white page (Not styled like the other pages). Na Yawa spite me on that.

Simply put, i thought of the stress of echoing a full page. When i know of print<<<this; this; I thanked php.

That's what i mean. You even better pass me for layout na.
Re: Web Design Assistance Needed by damine: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2010
I read through this thread as well as other similar threads on this section of the forum and i wonder when people request for advice/assistance in learning programming/web design & development, why are people always eager to discredit the 'school option'. People are quick to say- learn on you own or I have ebooks to give u, Call me for one-on-one lectures, NIIT/APTECH will just take ur money and give u rubbish.

I think thats a wrong approach to take and we're not necessarily helping these newbies out. Rather we want to flex our muscles and oil our egos because we taught ourselves programming by reading & coding and learnt things the harder way. In my opinion, i believe such replies to enquiries only leaves the people who asked more confused.

Rather i think we should be objective in our analysis. True, NIIT/APTECH are not doing justice to the provision of this service. But are they the only ones out there? NO! Not everyone will learn programming by teaching his/her self. And the fact that i taught myself programming doesnt necessarily give me an edge over someone who learnt it from an instructor in a school/institute. One of the programmers i admire the most started his journey while on a trip to india. And the guy is rily good. Enrolling in an institute wont give you ALL you need to know about programming (infact nobody can know everything). But it gives you a good foundation. It introduces the fundamentals to you and points the path for you to acquire advanced knowledge.

This is my take on this issue.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Webdesigner? / Post Your Facebook Fans Page / Nigerian Web Developers/masters/gurus/e.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.