Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,909 members, 7,942,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Music Now, And Music Then: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Now, And Music Then: (597 Views)

Do You Like South African Or House Music? Then Download This Hit Banger Mixtape / If You Like Rock Music Then This Is The Group For You Https://www.facebook.com/ / Please Do U Have Flair For Music? Then Sponsor Me And U Will Not Regret It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Now, And Music Then: by Amya(f): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
Some people open threads to say stuffs about music now being wack.
Wack or no wack,
my opinion is this- it all comes down to the PEOPLE who these singers sing for.

As of today, majority of the 'consumers' in the the music market worldwide are teenagers who demand for light' crass, airy, no-sense-making and hugely COMMERCIAL music.

They being the majority buyer actually dictate the direction today's music goes. Musicians and their record labels are under so much pressure to go with that which is in 'vogue'. If you sing the reasonable 'real' songs, you face the risk of getting no recognition and going broke. The smart ones go with the flow and churn out those things people want to hear and smile to their banks. For instance, 'most' people in nigeria will appreciate a Terry G or Timaya rather than say a Dare Art Alade.

He who pays the piper, dictates the tunes,

My two cent.
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by Rochalis(m): 10:36am On Apr 08, 2010
Then only people who loved the game and had the talent recorded Albums.Now? every olodo wants to be an artiste chei! Too bad our ears gots to pay for all the rubbish waftin through our radio sets and the stations get to play becos they are paid.Naija ent. is so full of talentless wannabees who get all the promo they can buy.I see lots of talent like M.I, Dare,Asa, Nnena,GT,Nneka,Tu face and so on but the swaga and jingolo bandits are too many to count.
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by Amya(f): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
I see your point, but the thing is, if those talentless dick and harry's don't have faithful follower's, they'd have gone out the market and dissappeared off the music scene. But they actually have fans that dig there music.

Gerrit?
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by divaplanet: 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
My dear you must be right.Somebodies are defntly buying their records er, with an exception to those who are using d music biz as a cover for yahoo-yahoo.
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by Amya(f): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
So true divaplanet. Thing is i wonder the source of income for some these musician that spend more money than they earn through album sales and shows. Hmmm.,
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by Mobinga: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2010
If I am the only one buying Nigerian music then people like Terry G will starve to death.
Unfortunately I am not the only one.
Re: Music Now, And Music Then: by Amya(f): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2010
So true mobinga,

(1) (Reply)

Hus-p: Out Of This World / Were Is This Guy? / Naija Music Dumper: Feedback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.