Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid (20154 Views)

Pregnant Toolz And Husband At Omotola's 40th Birthday Party, Fans React / Bedroom Photo Of Mercy Johnson And Her Husband, As She Lies On Top Of Him / Gospel Artiste,Tope Alabi And Husband Unveil Their Multimillion Naira Mansion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by BushDoctor123: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nice one Mercy Johnson. But that your appointment as S.A on entertainment to Kogi State government is an aberration. Your presence is yet to be felt. kindly stick to the movie industry.
Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by FaniDan(f): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
Jamean:
Feeding the Widows, that's Charity. Posting the pictures, that's feeding your ego.

you get sense
Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by Immarocks(f): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
ebujany:

Did Jesus publicize it? The news of His miracles was shared by the crowd that witnessed them. Like the verse I quoted, men will be the ones to see your good works and glorify your father in heaven/ tell others about it not you your self, that's hypocrisy

Shey na dem post am come nairaland......shior...
Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
Jamean:
Feeding the Widows, that's Charity. Posting the pictures, that's feeding your ego.

posting the pictures is being transparent. It's a foundation. So they can get more help from donors
Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by davide470(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Jamean:

Can you give me a valid reason for posting the pictures?
except in a case where you have to be accountable to people who pooled the funds.
Most people are motivated to give just by seeing others give. If you feel it is a show-off when people post the pictures, it's fine but to that person that need that motivation to give more than he/she ought to when buying stuffs from people trying to make ends-meet, it is not a show-off. It is just the push they needed.

People are wired differently.

1 Like

Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by Jamean(f): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
davide470:
Most people are motivated to give just by seeing others give. If you feel it is a show-off when people post the pictures, it's fine but to that person that need that motivation to give more than he/she ought to when buying stuffs from people trying to make ends-meet, it is not a show-off. It is just the push they needed.

People are wired differently.

Defender of the Universe undecided

According to my wiring it is plain show off. Anyone that needs to see pictures of people giving before being motivated to give also has the "feed ego" issue and will not be OK the day there's no ovation for their giving.

How about giving to the security man at your estate gate who greets you incessantly everyday, or the newspaper vendor who you well know can't maintain is family on his earnings, or the child who grew up in your local church and has been struggling to move to the next level of education, or the attendant in the shop you buy groceries from who's your age mate but not as privileged as you are.

We don't remember to give to them because no one is taking pictures that will be posted online to feed our ego. Even churches will assist needy in their midst and post pictures everywhere for glorification. Let's be honest with our motives for once.

Except it's a foundation where people have to be accountable (even at this, there's a way to go about it) it's just a movie premier and y'all need rewiring.

1 Like

Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by davide470(m): 5:35am On Jan 03, 2018
Jamean:

Defender of the Universe undecided

According to my wiring it is plain show off. Anyone that needs to see pictures of people giving before being motivated to give also has the "feed ego" issue and will not be OK the day there's no ovation for their giving.

How about giving to the security man at your estate gate who greets you incessantly everyday, or the newspaper vendor who you well know can't maintain is family on his earnings, or the child who grew up in your local church and has been struggling to move to the next level of education, or the attendant in the shop you buy groceries from who's your age mate but not as privileged as you are.

We don't remember to give to them because no one is taking pictures that will be posted online to feed our ego. Even churches will assist needy in their midst and post pictures everywhere for glorification. Let's be honest with our motives for once.

Except it's a foundation where people have to be accountable (even at this, there's a way to go about it) it's just a movie premier and y'all need rewiring.
We are in that century where everyone has a reason for not giving - (the economy is bad, i don't make enough, my rent is too high, i need money too etc.), so when you see people give, please appreciate and support. Nobody will arrest or question them if they decided not to do that and they will still make heaven if they are Christians.

Even the bible says: "Do not forget the Gathering of Believers" - Why? To spur and encourage oneselves in this trying world; in words, deeds and good works. If you give, tell your fellow how it made you fill and encourage someone to do the same.

On a personal note, i know Prince Okojie and have spoken to him on some occasion. He is a giver, so i can say this is not for the camera.

1 Like

Re: Lovely!! Mercy Johnson and Husband Distribute bags of Rice and Foodstuffs to Wid by Jamean(f): 6:05am On Jan 03, 2018
davide470:
We are in that century where everyone has a reason for not giving - (the economy is bad, i don't make enough, my rent is too high, i need money too etc.), so when you see people give, please appreciate and support. Nobody will arrest or question them if they decided not to do that and they will still make heaven if they are Christians.

Even the bible says: "Do not forget the Gathering of Believers" - Why? To spur and encourage oneselves in this trying world; in words, deeds and good works. If you give, tell your fellow how it made you fill and encourage someone to do the same.

On a personal note, i know Prince Okojie and have spoken to him on some occasion. He is a giver, so i can say this is not for the camera.

Invalid!!! The rising publicity stunts with giving is the bone of contention here. Telling someone how you felt by giving is not tantamount to posting pictures all over the place.

We're very hypocritical to wait till there's camera to show giving, whereas there are everyday people who are in need just by the corner and we gloss over because there's no paparazzi.

I maintain that's feeding your ego. Good day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Tweets - “I Don't Do Cheap Money” / Kizz Daniel To Give Money To A Fan 'Who Is Broke As Usual' / Ay Poses With Asisat Oshoala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.