Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,758 members, 7,912,113 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console (1025 Views)

R4i Gold 3DS "Multirom" Feature Demo For The Firmware V4.0b2 Is Releasing ! / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Playstation 3 Vs Nintendo Wii Vs Xbox 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by kosovo(m): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
As it stands, Nintendo has come out on top with the Nintendo Wii in this generation of game consoles so far. But ask most gamers and they'll tell you that the console is far from a "hardcore" gaming machine. It's no surprise really considering the Wii is little more than a Gamecube with motion-controls.

Nintendo Wii 2 Sure it's packed in a pretty white case, but internet aspect in place is primarily in place for micro-transactions rather than online gameplay.

So can Nintendo have the same luck twice? It's highly unlikely considering the large foot print that the Xbox brand now has in the US. Add to that North America's recent trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand all over again and Nintendo would have to invest a lot in the next home console and that's just something they're not going to do.

Nintendo has for years taken the consumer for granted and on many occassions made it clear that their stance is that the consumer will buy what they make, when business always teaches that you make what the consumer wants to buy.

Nintendo faces a lot of problems if they want to compete with another home console. First off Microsoft’s Xbox 360 seems to be running it’s course in terms of the console’s life-cycle. We can likely expect another high-end console from MS announced within two years. That possibility alone stomps out everyone except early adopters of the Wii.

Then when you think about early-adopters, Nintendo’s Wii is seeded deep in daycare centers and retirement homes; in addition to many gamer’s closets. So early-adoption isn’t something Nintendo can count on to establish a foot hold before Microsoft’s next release.

Then you have Sony’s upcoming Move for the PS3. This new add-on of functionality basically makes the Nintendo Wii pointless and inferior in every respect. Gamer’s will have an HD high-end machine with all the options of the Wii sans Mario and Zelda.

What this all boils down to is that Nintendo will likely end up being a handheld company only by 2014. Microsoft’s next console will squash any chance the Wii 2 has of getting in homes thanks to the Playstation Move driving gamers away from Nintendo’s current home console starting this Fall.
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by audacious: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
Yeah right, just like analysts predicted the fall of Nintendo in this generation and we can see how that's turned (is turning) out.

kosovo:

So can Nintendo have the same luck twice? It's highly unlikely considering the large foot print that the Xbox brand now has in the US. Add to that North America's recent trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand all over again and Nintendo would have to invest a lot in the next home console and that's just something they're not going to do.

Ain't no luck involved, they were innovative and it payed off. That's why Sony and Microsoft are scrambling to follow suite (well Microsoft is being innovative, Sony just went ahead and copied Nintendo's motion control scheme  grin )
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by kosovo(m): 5:51am On Apr 08, 2010
^^^^
Thank u sir, playstation's EYETOY ripoff is now innovation? lol

Move= natal + wii mote
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by audacious: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2010
kosovo:

^^^^
Thank u sir, playstation's EYETOY ripoff is now innovation? lol

Move= natal + wii mote

The playstation eyetoy has never been deployed as a full standalone game control scheme, so yes Microsoft is doing something different with Natal.
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by texazzpete(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2010
kosovo:

As it stands, Nintendo has come out on top with the Nintendo Wii in this generation of game consoles so far. But ask most gamers and they'll tell you that the console is far from a "hardcore" gaming machine. It's no surprise really considering the Wii is little more than a Gamecube with motion-controls.

Nintendo Wii 2 Sure it's packed in a pretty white case, but internet aspect in place is primarily in place for micro-transactions rather than online gameplay.

I fail to understand how the Wii's graphical prowess determines its status as a 'hardcore gaming machine'.
And while most gamers will tell you it isn't a hardcore gaming machine, most gamers don't WANT a hardcore gaming machine. Ever stopped to think of that?
People see PS3 and Xbox 360 demos in game shops right next to Wii demo stations. Yet most of them walk away with the Wii.
You know why? Fun. And accessibility.

kosovo:

It's highly unlikely considering the large foot print that the Xbox brand now has in the US. Add to that North America's recent trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand all over again and Nintendo would have to invest a lot in the next home console and that's just something they're not going to do.

I can't see any recent American trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand. Even after the price cuts, it still sells way below the Wii, the PSP sells way below the DS and the 360 routinely outsells the PS3 in the North American market.
Add to that the lower-than-xbox-360 software attach rate (suggesting that many purchasers are using their PS3 consoles purely as BluRay players) and you start to wonder where your stats come from.

I wonder how you know Nintendo isn't going to invest a lot in the next home console? You got a time machine handy?

kosovo:

Nintendo has for years taken the consumer for granted and on many occassions made it clear that their stance is that the consumer will buy what they make, when business always teaches that you make what the consumer wants to buy.

Nintendo faces a lot of problems if they want to compete with another home console. First off Microsoft’s Xbox 360 seems to be running it’s course in terms of the console’s life-cycle. We can likely expect another high-end console from MS announced within two years. That possibility alone stomps out everyone except early adopters of the Wii.

kosovo:

I fail to understand how the Wii's graphical prowess determines its status as a 'hardcore gaming machine'.
And while most gamers will tell you it isn't a hardcore gaming machine, most gamers don't WANT a hardcore gaming machine. Ever stopped to think of that?
People see PS3 and Xbox 360 demos in game shops right next to Wii demo stations. Yet most of them walk away with the Wii.

kosovo:

It's highly unlikely considering the large foot print that the Xbox brand now has in the US. Add to that North America's recent trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand all over again and Nintendo would have to invest a lot in the next home console and that's just something they're not going to do.

I can't see any recent American trend of falling in love with the Playstation brand. Even after the price cuts, it still sells way below the Wii, the PSP sells way below the DS and the 360 routinely outsells the PS3 in the North American market.
Add to that the lower-than-xbox-360 software attach rate (suggesting that many purchasers are using their PS3 consoles purely as BluRay players) and you start to wonder where your stats come from.

I wonder how you know Nintendo isn't going to invest a lot in the next home console? You got a time machine handy?

kosovo:

It can be argued that Nintendo is the only one out of the three to actually cater for the most consumers, by providing a fun and easily accessible gaming platform. All the hardcore gamers you know are only a fraction of the people who are interested in gaming. nintendo went after this new demographic, and they won. Simple as that.
I don't think anyone can argue that the Wii isn't good business. So shove your lame business theories up your backside and enter the real world.

kosovo:

kosovo:

kosovo:

. First off Microsoft’s Xbox 360 seems to be running it’s course in terms of the console’s life-cycle. We can likely expect another high-end console from MS announced within two years. That possibility alone stomps out everyone except early adopters of the Wii.

I see no indication that the xbox 360 is 'running its course' in its life-cycle. It is easily able to compete favourably with the PS3, and can last just as long.

kosovo:

Then you have Sony’s upcoming Move for the PS3. This new add-on of functionality basically makes the Nintendo Wii pointless and inferior in every respect. Gamer’s will have an HD high-end machine with all the options of the Wii sans Mario and Zelda.

What this all boils down to is that Nintendo will likely end up being a handheld company only by 2014. Microsoft’s next console will squash any chance the Wii 2 has of getting in homes thanks to the Playstation Move driving gamers away from Nintendo’s current home console starting this Fall.

That's what you don't get. Most of the people buying the Wii have no interest in HD or all the cutting edge tech stuffed into the PS3. At the end of the day, a new Mario game will always sell far more than any littleBigplanet or ModNation type game on the PS3, despite superior visuals.

The failure of PS Home has proven that it Sony just doesn't get it. All that money spent, all that dev time and yet people aren't all that into it. PS Home was meant to crush Nintendo's Mii feature. See how well that turned out grin
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by gadjetvill: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
THIS TAXEPETE GUY HAS MADE A COMMENT I FIND OFFENSIVE ON MY TOPIC

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-424189.0.html

KINDLY REVIEW AND DELETE THAT AND ANY OTHER OF HIS THREADS FROM MY TOPICS
THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by texazzpete(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2010
gadjetvill:

Any review of what i posted will show i did nothing wrong.
All i did was to point out to any unsuspecting person that you were offering a pool deal.
Re: Nintendo Will Fail If They Plan On Releasing Another Home Console by Bawss1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
gadjetvill:

What's offensive about Tex's remark? Your package appears way too expensive. Go back and review your prices downwards. Run along now. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Metal Gear Sutherland: Kiefer To Voice Snake In The Phantom Pain / Pc Graphics Card / Post Your Ps3 Games For Sale Or For Swapping Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.