Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,795 members, 7,975,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:43 PM

Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? (21520 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Gani Adams On Fulani Herdsmen Killings: "What Yorubas Will Do" / Restructuring: Why Are Notable Nigerians Silent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Flintstone06(m): 12:32am On Jan 03, 2018
knowledgeable:

It will forever continue because its root lie in false hood and conspiracy heaped on Igbos primarily by Yorubas that have almost destroy the Igbos. While the Yorubas are busy with their media out of extreme hatred of the Igbos creating the impression that Igbos are tribalistic, hateful and etc, deliberately avoiding with their media the real haters and killers of Nigerians.

This guy calm down! You seem to sleep, dream, eat Yoruba... Don't be myopic in thought! BTW, I am Yoruba and my best friends are igbo so biko, calm your hatred.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by limeta(f): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2018
This is islam at yr door step
This is how they bring islam to every where
Create fear and the rest is history

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by IdeyFindWife: 1:14am On Jan 03, 2018
horsepower101:
With IPOB, everyone suddenly became an expert with an opinion. Restructuring was the national anthem.

But with Fulani herdsmen that is actually killing people daily, everyone is silent.

IPOB that carries microphone is more dangerous than Fulani herdsmen that carry AK-47.

It's only IPOB causes that their crazed pythons can dance to and their crocodile wey dey shed yeye tears to dey cry like fowl.

The thin-necked, goat-milk guzzler of Daura will never see his nomadic brothers doing wrong even if they were to have perched on his nose raising dust with those their accursed rubber sneakers and pointy f000lani caps.

Is nobody seeing them? Look at how none of his ministers, governors and appointees all suddenly have no opinions? Including the lie-lie ones that lie for living?

People leisurely slaughtered like chickens and no one gives a hoot because they are being loyal to a bigoted old sadist but they all sprout brains and opinions when something happens in far away countries; and they start "reacting"?

Yeye dey smell!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Turbocharged: 1:48am On Jan 03, 2018
Most of the people you regard as "well meaning Nigerians", does not really mean well for Nigeria.

I bet you, there is no single attack carried out by Fulani herdsmen that someone in the corridors of power (Aso Rock) does not have pre-knowledge of.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Turbocharged: 1:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Enice:
hypocrites, if there's anything like double standard, this is it. Over 21 christians just died in omoku rivers state about 2 days ago, you said nothing about it. Here you are blaming the General for something that has been an issue in the north since God knows when. Ekiti state promulgated a law last year about this issue, you are here blaming the President. God will judge you for your hatred of this country.

For your love of this country, go and suck your Generals d**k.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by CandidSeeker(m): 1:58am On Jan 03, 2018
The leaders who are silent are not well-meaning.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by uprightman(m): 5:44am On Jan 03, 2018
pauljumbo:
Leaders are silent because they don't want to embarrass the oga at the top
security is the main priority of this administration.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by uprightman(m): 6:06am On Jan 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

Guys don't you think this is a strategic genocide, be it religious or ethnic?
Don't you think there are wicked ulterior motives behind these attacks?

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

Nigerians you mentioned above lost their voices because they afraid. They speak only against weak group they know can't harm them. It is pathetic when the only person you can run to for help is your enemy. If Fulani herdmen attacked you, do you expect security agency headed by Fulani to help you? That's a wild dream. The reason Nigeria failed to grow is because we feels less concerned if something is not affecting us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by newoffer: 6:11am On Jan 03, 2018
Buhari is spreading his tentacles thru his foot soldiers. These creatures are feeling like they are in 1600. Islam never brought peace.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 03, 2018
Enice:
you are blinded with hatred. You call the President shame but it is you that is shamed. As I said in one of my post, 12million people voted against the President in 2015 (some of them did so due to religious bigotry, trabilism, and love for corruption). I bet you are one of them. So no qualms
ogun go kill your generation,
Like I said your blood thirsty fulani brothers will kill all your family..
Then come back and make a comment that time I will sympathize with you..
Almanjiri
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by FTrebirth(m): 6:41am On Jan 03, 2018
Bollinger:
Wait. Let's get one thing clear. "Well meaning" and "Nigerians" do not go hand in hand in a sentence. It's basically an oxymoron.

LMAO! grin

this comment is so fûcking funny!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by FTrebirth(m): 6:49am On Jan 03, 2018
the most painful part is that when these guys try to retaliate booohari quickly dispatches his zombie soldiers and dss to arrest them.

to the dullard, they're supposed to sit and watch their lands ravaged, their wives raped and murdered and their children taken as slaves or beheaded.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jacyhelen(f): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2018
emmie14:
Surprisingly Buhari with his lengthy epileptic readings on 1st January made no mention of Fulani herdsmen. He owns 150 cows and a Fulani. People have written, shouted and echoed through media yet the presidency remain adamant. That is why restructuring is necessary where each state controls police of their own because Nigeria police seems not interested even the military. Hsbaaa Pa Buhari.
If the villagers try to revenge they will be arrested. Let's vote again.

bubu till 2090
I will vote buhari in 2019 as a payback to those mad ppl that voted for him in 2015....
we must finish this pepper together....
ndi ara.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jacyhelen(f): 7:42am On Jan 03, 2018
lokobyforch:

I admire your write up, I hope you have your PVC ready, come 2019 we must change this abysmal change

#buharimustgo

bubu till 2090
I will vote buhari in 2019 as a payback to those mad ppl that voted for him in 2015....
ndi ara.....
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jacyhelen(f): 7:44am On Jan 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I have my PVC but before he leaves, we must protect as much lives as possible
bubu till 2090
ndi ara.....
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jacyhelen(f): 7:45am On Jan 03, 2018
Enice:
hypocrites, if there's anything like double standard, this is it. Over 21 christians just died in omoku rivers state about 2 days ago, you said nothing about it. Here you are blaming the General for something that has been an issue in the north since God knows when. Ekiti state promulgated a law last year about this issue, you are here blaming the President. God will judge you for your hatred of this country.

bubu till 2090
ndi ara.....
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by jacyhelen(f): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2018
bubu till 2090
ndi ara.....
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by IfeomaRash(f): 7:55am On Jan 03, 2018
Pepsi101:
When the Okada man from daura got himself injured on a bike that was bought with stolen funds, the POLICE, ARMY, CIVIL DEFENCE, DSS, ROAD SAFETY, AIR FORCE, EFCC, GOVERNORS, SENATORS, MINISTERS, PASTORS, IMAMS FORMER PRESIDENT, etc
were all VISITING, PRAYING, REACTING, CONDOLING, SYMPATHIZING, MAKING ARRANGEMENTS TO FLY HIM ABROAD, RENOVATING HOSPITAL FOR THE FIRST FAMILY etc, but when it comes to the COMMON MAN, THE MASSES, all of them go quiet.

“A nation’s
greatness is measured by how it treats its
weakest members.” Mahatma Ghandi
Don't worry your self,God doesn't answer the prayer of the wicked. After all, Life is Life.Buhari son's life is not more important than that of an average Nigerian. If they don't know this,God knows this
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by mrskillz: 8:15am On Jan 03, 2018
Let’s discuss the challenges and root cause then solutions.

CAUSES:

Climate change: this is making the herdsmen move down south In search of greener pasture and water.

Population Explosion in Northern Nigeria: The fight for scarce resources by both man and the cow gets worse with alarming but untamed increase in the population of both the people and the cow.

Activities of Boko Haram: This has rendered large chunk of land in the North East no go area for the herdsmen for security reasons.

Cross-border Insecurity: Nigeria’s border especially in Northern Nigeria is so porous. This need to be water tight. Government should see how other countries are tackling Cross border infiltration.

Farming Activities along the Age long normadic path of the herdsmen: it’s just like building a house on a road. The Tiv and some others can be fingered in this, because of their style of farming. They practice normadic kind of farming.

Government negligence and Bias and lack of foresight: the government needs to take Kenya as a case study and see how their government get involve.

Multiplicity effect of the above mentioned: the bad blood continues unabated.

Let’s pray we don’t have another BH at hand.

Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by autonomous22: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2018
Make dem com try am for Rivers state
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Enice(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2018
Jjporch:
Na thunder go fire tbat your mouth for making this stupid comment..
Just gerra here oloshi somebody..
I pray make the blood thirsty fulani kill your family ..
Then come back and repeat that your stupid comment on nairaland.
you are no different from the herdsmen you condemn because if given the chance you will do same. You are talking about killing because you are filled with it. Remove this hatred from your heart this 2018.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I'm so pained seeing people run away from their fatherland because some group of people who carry sophisiticated weapons to tend cows attack them in their villages. Honestly I wish there is something I could do now to physically defend those guys no matter how costly.

Worst of it all is that the President is indifferent about this. The governors and local government authorities look so incapacitated. Well-meaning Nigerians feel less concerned because it hasn't gotten to their estates, mansions and houses. Everybody is sitting akimbo.

How long is this onslaught going to continue? Are we going to fold our hands and watch defenseless people being slaughtered like goats in their own lands?
The first gift creation gave to man was land. The bitterest of wars you'll ever fight is over your land.

But right here, we keep silent and watch people being killed and their lands being taken over by strangers including cows.

Guys don't you think this is a strategic genocide, be it religious or ethnic?
Don't you think there are wicked ulterior motives behind these attacks?

The primary reason why you have a neighbor is, to hAve someone speak up for you when you have no voice, to have someone fight for you when you are defenseless. If your neighbor keeps silent while you're being attacked, after you might have been dealt with, it will get to his turn. It is a chain reaction people!!!!!

We are all disappointing humanity by standing neutral in time of moral and human atrocities. Those guys being attacked need someone to speak up for them at least.

Guys we have to speak up so that our diversity remains intact. Agatu comes to mind. That village is a complete shadow now. It's also happening in Southern Kaduna and Adamawa. Lineages, tribes, generations, nations are gradually being exterminated.

We can't let this continue, guys we can't. My heart bleeds now. If there is anything you can do to make the cries of these people heard, please do.

It seems that u do not understand the problems with Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2018
mrskillz:
Let’s discuss the challenges and root cause then solutions.

CAUSES:

Climate change: this is making the herdsmen move down south In search of greener pasture and water.

Population Explosion in Northern Nigeria: The fight for scarce resources by both man and the cow gets worse with alarming but untamed increase in the population of both the people and the cow.

Activities of Boko Haram: This has rendered large chunk of land in the North East no go area for the herdsmen for security reasons.

Cross-border Insecurity: Nigeria’s border especially in Northern Nigeria is so porous. This need to be water tight. Government should see how other countries are tackling Cross border infiltration.

Farming Activities along the Age long normadic path of the herdsmen: it’s just like building a house on a road. The Tiv and some others can be fingered in this, because of their style of farming. They practice normadic kind of farming.

Government negligence and Bias and lack of foresight: the government needs to take Kenya as a case study and see how their government get involve.

Multiplicity effect of the above mentioned: the bad blood continues unabated.

Let’s pray we don’t have another BH at hand.

Prevention is better than cure.

There's no population explosion in northern Nigeria.
Don't bother ur self about it.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It seems that u do not understand the problems with Nigeria.
What are they? I pray tell
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by smulti(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2018
Purebeerry:
Nigeria yaf tire me, I will leave this country and go to my country in Imo cheesy.

three BGOSSA !!! and one statue for you gringringrin
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Enice(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2018
groomed:
it is clear you are a northerner and a Muslim and a fan of of the motherfucking Buhari's... God will punish and him together. That his son will never get out of that hospital so that he will know the pains people feel when their brothers or sisters die.

God will punish anybody who see evil but denies it.. We talking of killings that has been increasing since the born fool steps his legs in there this moronic zombie is here talking about a one off killing in Rivers.

Woke has even stepped up his game and what has Buhari done? Was it not before you dirty eyes the people tried to defend themselves that army suddenly found their feet usable? But when fellow village killed Fulanis, the military was there with 24 hours.

Na Ogun go kill of una. If I had my way I will stab you for making this kind of comment you fool.
call me whatever you like. I can see that you are no different from the herdsmen you condemn. You want to stab me? You must be a killer, a murderer and a ritualist. You say the kilings in Rivers was one off? You lie. The cultist issue/killings has been in Rivers since militancy came to the Niger Delta. The General being President is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria for a long time. The economic indices are up, corruption low, and BH is being defeated. Sai Baba.
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Destined2win: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2018
It's really disheartening!

But what oo OP, how come you are answering my name. I will sue you sad
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Enice(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2018
lokobyforch:

You can’t hang out with chickens and expect to soar like an eagle. A fool at 40 is a fool forever.
I say I no go join PDP na by force? Ah!
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by misgab: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2018
yes, they will keep quiet and say herdsmen are not terrorists. Until when they are directly affected you will first be hearing statements like "why are your people killing my people by bubu ."herdsmen are not terrorists" ruffy ." killing of fulani will not go unavenged" oga at the top in one northern state. Then when they start killing their own people you will hear statement like " stop killing muslims". we must vote 1 bubu to fight.........
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2018
smulti:

three BGOSSA !!! and one statue for you gringringrin .
Akpolam sha cheesy
Re: Why Are Well Meaning Nigerians Silent On Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Fourwinds: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
I think so too.

So the person is happy seeing defenseless children, women and men being ruthlessly killed?

How wicked can man's heart be
the reason I don't want APC to win Ekiti state....it is the only state that has defended is citizens against the marauding terrorists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Rivers State For The Commissioning Of Omademe-ipo Road / 2023 Presidential Convention: Why PDP May Settle For Wike, Mohammed, Others / Nasir El-Rufai And His Children Spotted On A Train Ride In Kaduna. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.