Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,208 members, 7,943,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

So You Think You Know Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So You Think You Know Love (383 Views)

What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? / Do You Think My Mum Was Jazzed? / As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So You Think You Know Love by spv1: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
THE FOUR DIMENSIONS OF LOVE; THE LOYALTY DIMENSION
Hmmmm… “LOVE”, just four letters, so little but yet so compound. It can’t be seen but it affects us all. For countless centuries now, no dictionary has been able to explicitly define this thing called Love.
From my last post “WHY LOVE DIES” I explained that love dies when its conditional, and some people emailed me on how to rekindle a dying love and how to fix a breaking relationship, this post is part of my series on how to do so.
After years of deep research, I have discovered that love can be divided into four dimensions and an understanding of these four dimensions will help us truly understand love. Any relationship operating in these four dimensions “CANNOT” fall apart.
Love without loyalty is not love at all, it is mere lust, it is like an empty shell, an empty bottle with no drink in it. Love is more than a feeling, it is a commitment. The first requirement needed for any relationship whatsoever to last long is LOYALTY. Many marriages today lack loyalty and that’s why many crash. A MARRIAGE WITHOUT LOYALTY IS A TICKING TIME BOMB WAITING TO EXPLODE. Don’t marry a man/woman who is not loyal to you during courtship, if he/she is unfaithful before marriage how do you think he/she will act during marriage.
Now if loyalty is so important, what then is loyalty? Loyalty is devotion and faithfulness to a person. It is a thorough-going and wholehearted commitment to a person. LOYALTY GOES BEYOND FIDELITY, you may not cheat on your partner but that doesn’t mean you are loyal.
Being loyal means being respectful of your partner’s weaknesses and discretely helping them compensate for those weaknesses when needed without anger or shaming. One of the reasons people are disloyal is because they expect a perfect partner, “A KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR/CINDERELLA”. But the truth is that we have a misconception about the word “PERFECT”. Perfect doesn’t mean you never make mistakes, PERFECT MEANS MATURE AND COMPLETE BUT NOT FLAWLESS. Loyalty means siding with your partner even when you think he or she may be partially at fault; never shame your partner in public that is very disloyal.
Being loyal means keeping your partners needs as primary over your needs and all other people’s needs.
Loyalty is a circle, loyalty breeds loyalty, if you start sowing seeds of loyalty to your partner, no matter how far he/she might have gone, he /she will in no time respond back with loyalty. Any breaking marriage can turn around for the better if loyalty becomes a part of it.
I have seen the loyalty dimension of love, work time and time again and I believe it would work for you too.
Next I’d be talking about the second dimension of love; the openness dimension. If you need help with your marriage or any relationship or you have a question. Contact me; livingtheunlimitedlife@gmail.com or message me on facebook @livingtheunlimitedlife. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Know Love by Blazing8(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Atisco Touch Cake & Pastries Price From N3k Free Delivery Lagos / Attention! Attention!! Attention!!! / Brilliant Dad Creates Functional Boobs To Breastfeed His Baby While Mum Was Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.