Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,667 members, 7,972,480 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:45 AM

BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) (12485 Views)

Poll: Which Is Better

BlackBerry Storm 2: 33% (28 votes)
BlackBerry Bold 2: 66% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Innjoo Note 2 Versus Infinix Note 2 / E71 And Blackberry Curve 2: Which One Wil U Choose? / Nokia N97 Versus Black Berry Storm 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
tundewoods:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000099]Honestly what is all this hype with black berry lately ?

The BB pin

@poster,

How about comparing with other phones?
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
PurestBoy:

Are both better than Nokia N97? I need someone to answer me pls because I'm about to buy N97 32GB Version

I am a N series fan anytime, anyday. N97 32 is good. If you want soemthing small, go for the N97 mini. However, if you are concerned with performance, go for N900. You can compared them to get your preference by going to the nokia site.

PS: N900 is my choice
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by abt(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ Poster, BB is crack! grin Bold 2 All The Way. It works really good for me. As someone below posted if you are going for a touchscreen phone, The iPhone is better.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2010
MsTom:

The BB pin

@poster,

How about comparing with other phones?

If the BB pin requires internet connection, then what's the hype cos it would be no different from yahoo messenger, msn messenger, ovi messaging for Nokia, skype for mobiles, AIM e.t.c so u still incur internet charges, totally pointless.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Omolulu(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
dayokanu:

The Motorola Droid floors them all and have you seen the Nexus 1?
brother, I MUST GET ONE OF THESE TWO
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2010
PurestBoy:

Why mini? mini has only 8GB, What makes the mini better? Besides the mini is scarse in the market

The first noticeable difference are the size and the metal finish on the mini. there are more differences, google will help with that.
U might want to wait for the Nokia N97 Mini 18 carat Gold Edition. It's gonna be released into the market this April,
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Lawalmd(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
I dont see the reason why people are crazy about bb all my life i've been a nokia fan and always will be, if you want a good phone go for E72 the phone make sense

Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Thelonius: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2010
The specs of both phones are decent and similar. If you do a lot of messaging, nothing beats a physical qwerty keyboard with tactile feedback. If you want a BB with looks-appeal the storm may interest you, however the touchscreen on it isn't the sleekest out there.
You might want to check Nokia N97mini & E72, Motorolla Droid (has both touch and qwerty inputs) or the apple iphone
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
saxywale:

If the BB pin requires internet connection, then what's the hype cos it would be no different from yahoo messenger, msn messenger, ovi messaging for Nokia, skype for mobiles, AIM e.t.c so u still incur internet charges, totally pointless.

Beats me! that was the only reason I could think for the craze for blackberry.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
well, the first smart phone a lot of people would be using is the BB, so that may be the reason for the hype.

@poster, although i don't fancy BB as they are no different from Nokia E-series phones, in my opinion, bold 2 is more of a messaging phone while the storm 2 is more of a multimedia phone.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by sosilly1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2010
Lawalmd:

I dont see the reason why people are crazy about bb all my life i've been a nokia fan and always will be, if you want a good phone go for E72 the phone make sense
MsTom:

Beats me! that was the only reason I could think for the craze for blackberry.

I assume you've at some point used a bb, not just glanced over one Why have a BB without a data connection

Why is bbm different from aol, msn, yahoo? You don't have to wait for the other person to sign on to msn & co before you can send or recieve messages. Disadvantage? Only available between bb users,

For top business functionality, security, excellent email connection-Blackberry (would vote 9700 but if you require some media enhancements then storm2)
For a fair mix of business & pleasure - Nokia E71 (E72 if you fancy the 5mp camera & trackpad)
For max pleasure with business on the side - Iphone,

If emails & messaging are not in your top 3 (ok 5 if you will) requirements then a BB is not for you,

Still have my E71 as a back up tho tongue
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2010
so_silly:

I assume you've at some point used a bb, not just glanced over one Why have a BB without a data connection

Fortunately for me, I have never used BB. I am a nokia person to the core.

so_silly:

Why is bbm different from aol, msn, yahoo? You don't have to wait for the other person to sign on to msn & co before you can send or recieve messages. Disadvantage? Only available between bb users,

Hence the BB craze! Btw, I tot that feature was available in yahoo msn if logged in thru your phone. I might be wrong though.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2010
well, that is not good for someone like me that likes being in control of messaging facilities. Why would I want to leave a messaging facility like the BB messaging online all the time even when I am busy and can't be bothered to reply, hence it's not robust enough like the yahoo and msn where u can control your privacy. It's also very similar to text messaging.

I think the origin of the hype is using a smartphone for the first time. It's like someone upgrading from a nokia series 30 or 40 to a smart phone that runs windows mobile OS, Symbian, BlackBerry OS e.t.c
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by adconline(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2010
4  out of 10  blackberry users would dump their phones  for an Iphone.
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=527369
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by sosilly1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2010
MsTom:

Fortunately for me, I have never used BB. I am a nokia person to the core.

Hence the BB craze! Btw, I tot that feature was available in yahoo msn if logged in thru your phone. I might be wrong though.

hhhmmmm, Wrong thread tongue I am with Nokia all the way when it comes to regular phones, the ease of use & similarity of the software is a big tick in my book. You only have to read a Nokia manual once. When it comes to smart phones then the choices multiply & i flirt with other phones embarassed

saxywale:

well, that is not good for someone like me that likes being in control of messaging facilities. Why would I want to leave a messaging facility like the BB messaging online all the time even when I am busy and can't be bothered to reply, hence it's not robust enough like the yahoo and msn where u can control your privacy. It's also very similar to text messaging.

I think the origin of the hype is using a smartphone for the first time. It's like someone upgrading from a nokia series 30 or 40 to a smart phone that runs windows mobile OS, Symbian, BlackBerry OS e.t.c

Yup, i agree with you on the bbm front, i would rather just text than check my contact list to see if they have a bb or not, So the bbm is not the reason for the hype and i dont think it is for the reason you mentioned either. The bb hype has been around for quite some sometime, 2002/3 if my memory serves me right & they were UGLY with limited phone features, not the kind of thing you even considered. The hype behind the bb is cuz of what it does best, its email & security function, the rest of the features on the bb is an afterthought to appeal to a wider audience, It really depends on what you require & how you want your requirements delivered. As long as its not a choice made by following the trend, you cant go wrong,

Obama is the first US president to use a mobile while in office, the only reason he is allowed one is due to the security which comes as standard on his bb! Product endorsements don't get better than that, Not saying that is a reason to get one or why i got mine,

adconline:

4  out of 10  blackberry users would dump their phones  for an Iphone.
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=527369

Quite possible they chose wrongly in the first place?
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2010
If you asked me Now, I'd go for the Storm 'cause I got a Bold. These blackberries are starting to suck pretty much though, Just take a Notebook PC along wherever I go so I don't have to strain my eyes to read an email - phew.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by pak: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2010
@MsTom et al,

Please who knows where I can get an N900 phone ?

I met some guys from salesonline at Oregun but they said they could only get the locked version.

Got to Nokia place @Ikeja and was told that it has not been officially released in Naija and as such if I buy the imported copies in the market, I'l not have access to some functionalities such as push mail cos Nokia doesnt support the phone in Nigeria yet.

and finally someone told me I can only pick up the phone from any of the telecom operators on a contract/postpaid basis. As in its not available for the regular prepaid market.

My ques is simply what is the true situation of the N900 as regards the nigerian market and if its available for regular prepaid phone users , where can I get it and how much ?

Need a new phone urgently
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by samtoye(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2010
The problem with most of our young people and exam question is ; when they are asked an exam question, they do over- sabi by re-setting their own question and answering it. Finally they get zero and blame the examiner!!! angry angry angry angry angry  The original question the Man asked was BB Storm 2 Vs BB Bold 2. He didnt
1) Ask for recommendation on other phones.
2) He limited to 2 specific BB.

So give your answer according to the question and stop doing over syllabus! angry angry angry angry angry

Point Number 2

For people that are criticizing BB; you are not objective!!!!!! you just woke up one day and decided to hate BB without factual reasons, just pure beef! sentimental beef!!!!, What is their to hate about a blackberry? are the shapes ugly? are they not functional? or is it cos they are expensive? Dont just conclude you hate blackberry until you use one!!!!!!

As for the poster, as they said if you like touch screen, go for storm 2, if you don't like touch screen go for Bold 2. they are both great phones. The storm 2 has fantastic wide screen, it has much improvement from the former ones. 3G, WiFi, the touch screen has been improved from the spring mechanism, it is now more touch sensitive. But i think the Bold 2 is more serious minded or business minded, great business application especially if you are on BES not BIS. For me it is Storm 2, much efizzy!!!Greater resolution for videos and browsing!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by googles: 9:22am On Apr 09, 2010
BB Storm 2 kiss kiss
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by hustla(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2010
And here comes the killers, Nokia N900 and iphone 3g or 3gS,
BB is simply trash, Sup with the new craze??
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2010
BB sucks, why all the hype.

Try Iphone and u will be so embarrassed at ur BB posts.
Iphone is the mother of all phones.
It beats all these windows mobile phones.

FYI: i have a windows mobile phone tooo so i know what am saying, xda exec
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2010
samtoye:

The problem with most of our young people and exam question is ; when they are asked an exam question, they do over- sabi by re-setting their own question and answering it. Finally they get zero and blame the examiner!!! angry angry angry angry angry  The original question the Man asked was BB Storm 2 Vs BB Bold 2. He didnt
1) Ask for recommendation on other phones.
2) He limited to 2 specific BB.

So give your answer according to the question and stop doing over syllabus! angry angry angry angry angry

Point Number 2

For people that are criticizing BB; you are not objective!!!!!! you just woke up one day and decided to hate BB without factual reasons, just pure beef! sentimental beef!!!!, What is their to hate about a blackberry? are the shapes ugly? are they not functional? or is it cos they are expensive? Dont just conclude you hate blackberry until you use one!!!!!![/i]

As for the poster, as they said if you like touch screen, go for storm 2, if you don't like touch screen go for Bold 2. they are both great phones. The storm 2 has fantastic wide screen, it has much improvement from the former ones. 3G, WiFi, the touch screen has been improved from the spring mechanism, it is now more touch sensitive. But i think the Bold 2 is more serious minded or business minded, great business application especially if you are on BES not BIS. For me it is Storm 2, much efizzy!!!Greater resolution for videos and browsing!!! cool cool cool cool

Well, this is not an exam, it is Nairaland.
What u call beef is criticism.
Yes, the designs are ugly,the designs are copies of Nokia E-series.
Not functional, only good for email and messaging as a BB user pointed out in his post above.
Expensive my A**. BB's are actually one of the cheapest smartphones in the market. I am sure you don't know the cost of Iphone 3gs, HTC HD2, SE Xpedia X10, MT Milestone and Nk N900.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by ilosiwaju: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2010
saxywale:

Well, this is not an exam, it is Nairaland.
What u call beef is criticism.
Yes, the designs are ugly,the designs are copies of Nokia E-series.
Not functional, only good for email and messaging as a BB user pointed out in his post above.
Expensive my A**. BB's are actually one of the cheapest smartphones in the market. I am sure you don't know the cost of Iphone 3gs, HTC HD2, SE Xpedia X10, MT Milestone and Nk N900.
E go better for you!
BBs are just way cheaper than better smartphones. Remember one useless blue blackberry that came out when gsm was still fresh in nigeria with a colour screen like nintendo gameboy colour? That rubbish had a terribly high price tag and since high price means bigger levels in naija, the bb retained its big boyish status.
I think BB is overhyped(good work by the BB sales team sha grin ). In any category however, i will always go for a sony ericsson.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by Otunba7: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2010
BB 2 is it.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
pak:

@MsTom et al,

I met some guys from salesonline at Oregun but they said they could only get the locked version.

Got to Nokia place @Ikeja and was told that it has not been officially released in Naija and as such if I buy the imported copies in the market, I'l not have access to some functionalities such as push mail cos Nokia doesnt support the phone in Nigeria yet.

and finally someone told me I can only pick up the phone from any of the telecom operators on a contract/postpaid basis. As in its not available for the regular prepaid market.

My ques is simply what is the true situation of the N900 as regards the nigerian market and if its available for regular prepaid phone users , where can I get it and how much ?

I do not know how that guy got his information but most Nokia phones especially the Nseries including the N900 are sold as unlocked phones. You do not need contract with any telecoms company. I do not know about the Nigerian market but my guess is that since it is a fairly new product, you might not be able to get it in Nigeria just yet. If you know anyone going to UK, you could ask them to get one for you as the telecom system is close to that of Nigeria. I dont know how much it is sold in Uk but I know N900 is sold for around $550 in the states. You can go to the Nokia website to get the actual prices.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by tng(f): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
@MsTom

My boss just got an N900 about a month ago in abuja for about 100k. So am sure you can get it in Naija.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by MsTom(f): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
tng:

@MsTom

My boss just got an N900 about a month ago in abuja for about 100k. So am sure you can get it in Naija.

Thanks dear for the information
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by adasi678: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
it depend on wat you want to use the phone for.for me i have the bold 2 for business.it makes a lot of sense.infact on the emails for businees ,i made the money the first week i bought it.the phone is fantanstic.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by adasi678: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
it depends on wat you want to use the phone for.for me i have the bold 2 for business.it makes a lot of sense.infact on the emails for business ,i made the money the first week i bought it.the phone is fantanstic.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by bimbor(m): 5:19am On Apr 10, 2010
Who says Blackberries are expensive, BB are quite cheap compared to contemporary Smartphones. Dont even compare a Storm 2 to d Iphone 3GS. Beat it! The Iphone 3GS is 140k. How much is d storm 2? Just 65k. Now do the Math.
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) by femzy(m): 6:42am On Apr 10, 2010
pak:

@MsTom et al,

Got my n900 from slot 6weeks ago.Strikes me why people waste their money on the BB.Its just a ripoff!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Mtn Upgrading To? / 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi / MTN Ordered To Collapse Rates For On-net And Off-net Voice Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.