Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,343 members, 7,881,263 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? (2730 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Tithes dont belongs to pastors
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by aletheia(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Fhemmmy

This your statement:
Fhemmmy:

Tithes dont belongs to pastors

Seems to be opposed to the one you made here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421491.0.html#msg5788958. What exactly are you saying?
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by nuclearboy(m): 4:28am On Apr 10, 2010
^^^ Hopefully, light is coming in his door
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by osaromike: 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2010
How?
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by ajokeakin: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2010
If tithes dont belong to pastor according to fhemmmy,so were does the tithe goes to?
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2010
The tithe goes to heaven of course LOL.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by KunleOshob(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2010
kenny888:

The tithe goes to heaven of course LOL.

That is why many pastors are now buying private jets, so they can fly to heaven and personally deliver the tithes thereĀ  grin
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by pstbolanta: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hahahahahaha
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 8:49am On Apr 13, 2010
This is a serious issue not a laughing matter.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by segyemaro(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
Yes its a serious issue. There are some prophet/pastors collects money for prayers rendered and also brainwashed people into paying tithes and they are getting richer by the day which jobless guys would die to be in their shoes by getting rich over night.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
Yes segmaro,i quite agree with you.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by osaromike: 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2010
Pastoring is sopposed to be a part time job but the lazy ones amongst us decided to make it a full time thing.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by eghosaobas: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2010
Is there any other church that encourages their pastors to work apart from RCCG?
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Asanni5: 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
segyemaro:

Yes i was made to understand that all the tithe in RCCG goes to the table of the GO, they said all the tithes collected belongs to the daddy GO.
I wonder who you told this stuff. Pastor Adeboye has repeatedly said that all tithes in cheque shld be written in the name of the RCCG and cheque bearing his name would be assumed his own and taken as such. Pls let's be careful to affirm these 'things' before we say them out. ALL TITHES TAKEN IN RCCG IS FOR THE CHURCH.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2010
I confirmed this from a senior pastor from RCCG in enugu,he confirmed that all the tithe goes to the GO's table. So get ur fact.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Asanni5: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
Can any one provide some scriptural back ups why it shld not be on full time basis and not just some intellectual discussions on how we 'feel' it shld be?
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Asanni5: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
kenny888:

I confirmed this from a senior pastor from RCCG in enugu,he confirmed that all the tithe goes to the GO's table. So get your fact.
To start with there is no such thing as 'senior pastor' in the RCCG. However, i attended the RCCG for some time and was really involved with finances to know how it is done. I'm no more in the RCCG but i get pissed when we blasphame men of God just to drive home points.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Joagbaje(m): 8:11am On Apr 20, 2010
Pastoring is according to calling. either full time or part time. Just like the prophets of old, They had different callings. Some fulltime some part time. We have Major and minor prophets. Same goes for pastoring. It is according to Gods calling. It is not a job ( employment) but rather a responsibilty. Different pastors have their abilities and gifts. Teaching, miracles,healing, evengelistic, and prophetic. I can say we have some miinor pastors and major pastors in a sense. The level of calling determine , the devotion, either its full time or part time. A man does not pastor because he is unemployed. He wont survive it . You dont call yourself.

Hebrews 5:4
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

Ministry is a responsibilty that requires focus. It is not Every pastor that is a teacher . but to be a teacher sound very light . As though you just read up and teach , whats the big deal. There is big deal. He has to pray and intercede for the sheep.Take the early church for example. the early apostles needed so much focus that even when mumuring occoured , they had to raise other people. so that they can focus.

Acts 6:2-4
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. [3] Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. [4] But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

Some needs to pray and fasting for several days , and will require isolation . Who will employ that kind of person.

It takes sacrifice for people to function in ministry. The joy of a minister is in the results in the lives of his members. Many pastors have faced being ostracised and heavy persecution. From fathers , mothers. who will call them wasters because they abandoned family dreams to enter ministry. it is only a call that could make a man do that. Some have to resign their jobs face hunger for a period, just to answer God. Nobody sees the periodd of the pastor' s challenge. But over the years , when the result is showing and members are blessing them, attacks will come. If its a business as some of you claim why dont you start one? and see how sweeet the business is. When you say "Shout alleluyah" someone will say ,"take 1 million!" A pastor may receive gifts from people who's lives he has touched but his heart is not on those things. A pastor fasts often. He has to put himself right spiritualy. If not he will stop having result.
Many pastors would not be permitted of God to work. Like the priest and levites. But God allow some to do other things. It is not a law but it depends on callings. The fact that Paul did some business does not mean it was a law. Paul didnt marry either. does it mean it is wrong for pastors to marry?

Matthew 19:12
For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Primarily It is Ordained of God for ministers to focus on ministry and be suported of the congregation.

1 Cor. 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

So lets stop talking against what we dont know.Ebenezer Obey once sang a song " Eda Omo Araye" someone will allways
If a pastor works full time "omo araiye" will complain. If a pastor does businesss to generate money for ministry Omo araiye will still complain of "Pastor's business empire"
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2010
Are pastors called in nigeria today? Or people go into pastoring after becoming jobless for some time.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by ogajim(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
kenny888:

Are pastors called in nigeria today? Or people go into pastoring after becoming jobless for some time.

Got to wait for the answer to that question cheesy, Evidence suggest they go into Pastoring after failing to secure employment else where for majority of Nigerian Pastors.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Asanni5: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2010
[quote][/quote]
YES,YES,YES. Pls note that my yes is emphatic. I knew i was called when i was in the higher institution but disobeyed and went work in a bank and rose to be the manager of a branch, yet i had to leave to ensure obedience.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Asanni5: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
ogajim:

Got to wait for the answer to that question cheesy, Evidence suggest they go into Pastoring after failing to secure employment else where for majority of Nigerian Pastors.
Ogajim, which evidences?
I asked that someone provide scriptural reasons for pastoring not to be on full time basis pleeeeeeease!!!!!!
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by kenny888: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
Hmmnn
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by eghosaobas: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
Asanni5:

Ogajim, which evidences?
I asked that someone provide scriptural reasons for pastoring not to be on full time basis pleeeeeeease!!!!!!
please i have been waiting for this question to be answered
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by ogajim(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^Are we in Royal Priesthood or what? Jesus Christ is the one and ONLY HIGH PRIEST, any other one is FAKE
Church is not the building, it is the BODY of BELIEVERS
Temple is not the building, it is the Christian that have Jesus Christ as his/her personal Lord and Savior.
Committee of Elders/Deacons or what have you are supposed to head a body of believers not one CEO.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by ajokeakin: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
Pastors! Hmmn may God help us all.
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by segyemaro(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2010
Asanni5:

YES,YES,YES. Pls note that my yes is emphatic. I knew i was called when i was in the higher institution but disobeyed and went work in a bank and rose to be the manager of a branch, yet i had to leave to ensure obedience.
hmmmm correct
Re: Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? by Christ4me: 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
The truth remains that the question has not been answered as asked.
Enough scriptures have been offered and nobody has been able to
prove otherwise.

As for the Branch manager turned pastor, Sir my advice is that God
cannot be put into a box. Samuel was dedicated from the womb and never
did any secular job. I know of many people who at the university
had a call and were to go into this service without going secular but they
went in the direction of your emphatic yes and suffered untold trouble. You
disobeyed God and you are openly saying it as if you won a war!

2014, Evangelist Ade narrowly escaped from death because he went
secular. He disobeyed the call, told God he won't go and went secular,
at his office an event happened between him and somebody else that led to
the death of that person. He was charged to court and sentenced to death.
It was while waiting on death row that his brother took his picture to
Oyedepo (Winners Chapel) and by that intervention he was granted
pardon mysteriously.

A pastor friend by name Israel (surname withheld) who disobeyed God
and went secular was one time arrested and almost raped by inmates
in police cell.

In case you don't believe all these, I believe that you should know
Valentine Obi. He is he owner of e-transact. This year while teaching
in Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI) in April told the story of
a young man he sacked because he was always reading Bible in the
office. And the next time he saw him, he was a pastor in Canaanland,
Winners Chapel. You can confirm from him the rest of the story. That God
called you and allowed you to go secular IN DISOBEDIENCE does not
mean that everybody has the luxury of such acts.

This is not to say that people should be idle and then jump into
ministry. In fact, if you want to know what baptism of labour means
ask someone in ministry especially the one that has been called to
start from the scratch. I bet you you will quit in less that one month.
Hunger may not even quit you. The FORCES of darkness will eat dinner
over your life and your family.

Dear friends, Ministry is a huge sacrifice. Don't go if you are not called
and don't speak evil of those called. You really do not have any idea
what they go through. It cannot be done as you think only as the scriptures
say. Jesus is our High Priest without doubt. But He also gave some apostles,
some prophets, some teachers, etc. I am sure you must have read that in
your Bible. If you are not happy sowing into the ministry of your pastor and
the work of God then don't go to church. At least you can buy a Bible and read
at home and take care of your spiritual needs. Allow those who have chosen to
be foolish to continue with their foolishness. At least you cannot be taking any
medicine for the pain of another person.

God bless you all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? / Should A Christain (born Again) Work With British American Tobacco Company??? / Freeze's Disciples Please Gather Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.