Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet (562 Views)

Beware! Mobile Phones Are Seven Times Dirtier Than Toilet Seats / #funfact: Your Phone Screen Is 3 Times Dirtier Than A Toilet Seat. / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by Jumkye: 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
According to a 2010 study by a UK magazine, the average smartphone has 18 times more potentially harmful bacteria on it than the flusher on the toilet in the average public restroom.

Yup, you heard right. As women we like to act as clean freaks so I can imagine how disappointed you are right now. So how did your phone become so dirty?

Our smartphones are hot spots for germs not only because we constantly clutch at them with our filthy hands, but because we pass them around to all our friends who also touch it with dirty hands.

We never clean them, we store them in warm places, pouch, phone cover, 360 protector, you name it and we cannot stop using our phones especially while doing the business in the toilet.

The average smartphone carries 11,020 germs per square inch — and in some tests, one in six randomly selected phones had fecal matter on it.

Some microbiologists also warn that between 20 and 30 percent of infectious diseases can be transferred from fingertip to phone glass, where the microbes can survive on your phone for several days at a time.

Your phone picks up germs from your mouth, nose, and ears when you use it. You also probably place it on dirty surfaces, like your desk at work (which contains 79,000 germs per square inch on your computer alone), your germ-ridden kitchen counter, your purse (a third of purses have been found to carry E. coli bacteria) and occasionally somewhere in your bathroom.

Plus how hot phones get on their own — and how we usually keep them someplace warm, like our pants pocket, our hands, or next to our face — and there you go, ripe conditions for crazy germ growth.

While our phones are covered in germs, most of them are not actually all that dangerous to adults with fully functioning immune systems. A University of Surrey study found that most of the germs on the phones were harmless.

To clean your phone, power your phone down every other day, take it out of its case, and then wipe down the phone and the case with the wipes.

Then wash your hands frequently, this will help reduce the number of germs you carry around. Also avoid passing your phone around indiscriminately.

There you go, Ms. Dirty Phone, your Smartphone just got cleaner.

http://araba.com.ng/2018/01/news-flash-smartphone-filthiest-thing-handbag/

Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by ayoncox: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
nyama, what na to dey use glove for phone be that oh,'abeg may satan no hear this news oh...
Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by huntila(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
Educative..This is what should be more on front pages
Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by bravesoul247(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks Op. As for me, I clean my Tecno spark screen almost everyday
Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by ggoldmine: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
How does that make it dirtier than my toilet where
I poo, urinate, vomit, flush with 100% germ contaminated water and wash once a week? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by Spoilt4toto: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
If na true, we all for don die since..... Scientists with their useless research

1 Like

Re: Did You Know: Your Smartphone Is Dirtier Than Your Toilet by TDonald: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Spoilt4toto:
If na true, we all for don die since..... Scientists with their useless research

I tire oooo

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Clean Samsung Edge S7 / Iphone Camera Problem / Vivo’s Xplay7 May Be The First Android Smartphone With 10GB Of RAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.