Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,028 members, 7,939,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy? (1400 Views)

Soak Alligator Pepper And Bitter Kola In Coconut Water For This Body Body... / Can Pepper, Lime, Ginger Cure Coronavirus? (Fact Check) / Customs Seizes Container Of Soup From China Worth N27.96 Million In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy? by NgHealth(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy?

As a Nigerian do you think our Nigerian pepper soup is healthy?

A lot of people eat stuffs but hardly make attempts to know what they are actually allowing into their system.

And while it might not matter for most, there are people out there who are curious and would like to read on the matter and this post is for them.

The Nigerian pepper soup is dependent on the ingredients use. On whether it is fish or meat, fresh pepper or dry or even tomatoes.

But one fact to lay out there before we even start listing out different factors is. It is safe to state that the Nigerian pepper soup is healthy as long as the ingredients are picked up with health in mind.

To answer the question “is Nigerian pepper soup healthy?” We must come to agree with the simple fact that It All Boils down to ingredients.

Nigerian pig pepper soup is a delicious soup but it contains too much fat.

Read: Nigerian Pepper Soup Weight Loss Diet

The too much fat becomes the reason why it is healthy when taken in large quantity.

Change the pig meat to dried steak and the health bar increases.

Change the meat to fish and the health meter will increase even more.

In other words it is the ingredients used that determines the health value of the Nigerian pepper soup.

It is basically about boiled peppers, and other added ingredients that are nutritious and healthy.

1. Cold

I can vividly remember how my mum would cook pepper soup with only dried prawns whenever I am down with fever.

The soup has always been a miracle worker in the area of cold as the pepper soup when consumed immediately begins to heat up the body.

And before you know it the cold is already on its heels.

2. Nutritious

There are lots of spices that goes into the making of pepper soup. From African nutmeg to scent leaf.

All of them included not for fancy but for specific health reasons, especially because of the nutritional health value they carry.

3. Good Source of Antioxidants

The unripe plantains, the fresh fish, the palm oil that is served along side the main meal will give you valuable antioxidants that are good for your health.

……

Like I early said the health value of pepper soup depends on the ingredients involved.

When you use healthy ingredients then you will surely get a healthy soup.

The more healthy ingredients that you use the more healthier it becomes.

As for the pepper that is the base of it all. It is safe and very beneficial to our body.

If anyone should ask “is Nigerian pepper soup healthy?”.

I hope you say YES!

Because that is the truth.

Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy first appeared on Naturally Healthy World
Re: Is Nigerian Pepper Soup Healthy? by Nutase: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
YOLO so say yes cos in the afterlife their is no peppersoup. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Regain Your White Teeth Back Today / Now / How Much Does Dentist Charge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.