Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,573 members, 7,881,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) (5681 Views)

How To Optimize Blogger Post Title For Seo / How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) / How To Change Post Title Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by explosivesedo: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2018
I wouldn't say this is the first time I am writing an article based on this topic but as a matter of fact I believe I have to do this.

Few days back I published an article on "Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger" on the famous Nigerian forum "Nairaland" and a question popped up.

"How To Add Keyword To A Blog Post Or Article For Better SEO Ranking?"

At first I wasn't comfortable with the question I was asked, but I tried to answer his question fluently but I believe my answer in the forum wasn't good enough so I decided to put up an article to explain this better.

Note: when I saw hiw question I was happy somehow as my article could drive a question from audience.

If we really wanted to learn how to add keywords in a blog post or article for better SEO ranking, I think we better start with learning the SEO itself.

What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?

SEO is considered one of the most important factors that every blogger must put to check if you ever wanted a better ranking in search engines and to increase your websites visibility, sales and revenue.

Several bloggers do not seem to take care of SEO, instead they will search for an SEO friendly theme and start publishing their numerous pointless articles aiming to nowhere.

This eventually leads their websites and blogs to got hit by Google alogrithims such as Google panda and Google penguin.

Only your blog theme doesn't account for higher search engine ranking, there are other factors which you must as well consider for better search engine ranking which is how optimized your website articles are which includes the blog title and as well the blog article body.

If you happen to have a blog of 100+ articles, it is a proven fact that only some articles of your blog will get the search engine preferred treatment (loved by search engines) and the rest other posts will not be loved by search engine.

Have you ever thought of why only a few articles are popular in your blog?

Well that is because with or without prior SEO knowledge, you might have kept a search engine friendly post title for those articles.

This I believe we have already talked about.

The Golden Rule for SEO

"your keyword should be in the post title"

Several writers make the mistake of adding keywords inside post and not taking care of the optimization for better CTR.

Having keywords in your post helps a lot I must say, but when it comes to increasing the posts CTR (click through rate), your overall post title makes the better difference.

Let's look at an example here;

. Make your blog SEO friendly (average title)

. The only guide you need to make your blog SEO friendly (title that will get you more CTR)

As stated earlier, SEO friendly title are important for better search engine rankings, it is also a must that your article have to look attractive, otherwise.................. I presume you could fix the last words?

Well if you do not know what will happen then allow me to tell you;

"no one will click on your content and no one will go in to read your article"

Having said this, let me now educate you on how to write post with better SEO ranking and increase your organic CTR and also your overall traffic.

The example title I used here is "How to get more blog traffic"

Following this article, I will make this topic more SEO friendly.

Let's Look at The Steps to Write SEO Friendly Title

I wouldn't mind repeating myself again;

. If you're new to SEO, then your keyword should be a part of your post title.

. Always write your post title after completing the post/article.

STEP 1: Analyzing the keyword of the article

Perfectly analysing the keyword of the article is the first step to making your post title SEO friendly. Several keyword analyser tools are out there such as google keyword analyser tool, Semrush, ahrefs. But I will explain how my articles are analyzed using google keyword analyzer tool.

I will write an article namely "how to get more blog traffic"

I first open google adword keyword tool

I check competitions on my main keyword

I check number of searches of my main keyword

After searching I found out that there are more searches related to the keyword "generate blog traffic" and there is low competition.

Now I have found the main keyword that I have to insert in my title which is "generate blog traffic".

I could recommend you try Semrush or Ahrefs if you are among those that love long tail keywords based on your seed word.

STEP 2: use the main target keywords to your title

Now that I have found the keyword, that I should insert it into my post title. First I said that I am going to keep my title as "how to get more blog traffic" after I inserted the main keyword in the Post's title and after I had made some changes in the title I made it as "traffic generation tips to boost your blog traffic".

The title I made now is search engine friendly and attractive too. This kind of attractive titles makes the people eager to open up your article and read it.

As it stands now, we could assure you that 80% of the job is over. How about the remaining 20%? Let's move to step 3.

STEP 3: adding numbers, the finishing touch

Congrats as you arrived here. Now it is the time to add finishing touch to the article's title. The next 20% is adding some numbers or prefix-suffix, to your title to further improve CTR. I have written seven ways for getting more blog traffic in that article. As I have written seven tips for increasing blog's traffic, I should mention "7" in the post title so I made it as;

"7 Awesome Traffic Generation Tips to Get blog's Traffic".

Kudos to you. You have made a 100% search engine friendly title for your post and that too attractive too.

Wrap up

It doesn't matter what number of the title you use, but make sure your permalink is clean. So instead of having a permalink like;

"domain.com/7-awesome-traffic-generation-tips-to-get-blog-traffic.html"

It is better you have;

"domain.com/get-blog-traffic.html".

Hope we solved your issue on how to write search engine optimized articles or posts using search engine optimized titles?

If yes drop your comments.

http://blogincomes.com.ng/optimize-blog-post-title-better-seo-ranking-detailed-guide/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Craigbrown4076: 3:32am On Jan 07, 2018
how long does it take for a post to start ranking on search engines in order to receive organic traffic?

3 Likes

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by pauljumbo(m): 7:22am On Jan 07, 2018
Craigbrown4076:
how long does it take for a post to start ranking on search engines in order to receive organic traffic?

If the site it's a new site it takes almost a month but old indexed site almost immediately.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by ThisTrend(f): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2018
You're making sense.. better , purchase #SEJPACK .

iBlog @PrimesNG.com
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Doerstech(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2018
When it comes to SEO

1) Rule number 1: Follow the rules including understanding what the latest google algorithm says.

2) Rule number 2: Make sure you have followed the rules.

3) Rule Number 3: Don't ignore offpage ( very very important ), technical and local SEO...becuase websites shall not live by OnPage SEO alone.

4) Rule number infinity: Repeat Rule 1 - 3, find out what works for you and Repeat.

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
okay.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by marooh: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2018
Version 20 post

If u want to make ur wordpress look like Nairaland contact me

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by bababodmas(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2018
OP..... A great job you've done..... Reach out to me on whatsapp please..... Zero, eight, zero, nine, three, one, nine, one, zero, nine, five.
Cheers
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by sucess15: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2018
Am a Master in any thing that deal with HTML & CSS, PHP, Java script, Xml, python ,Ruby, Tomcat,Xammp and wamp server, coding, Programming, App building including Android App and Apple ios, Social Network website like pinterest, Woo commerce like Amazon, Bulk Sms Website, Music and video Blog like YouTube, and the like.We will sucessfully handle all that kind of work. We will also help you to connect your website with Foreign affiliate accounts, Money will land into your account in Naira dollars and Pounds sterling if anyone visits the website... We also sell Google Adsense Account of All countries At cheap Price We also deal in contracted services, in Nigeria and all over the world.
Call or WhatsApp 090-331-041-34 to get your Work done.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by ortakida: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2018
Really nice write up.

Using the Google AdWords tool will most likely give you an idea on what topic could increase traffic to your site. I highly recommend it.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Great write up OP.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 07, 2018
explosivesedo:
I wouldn't say this is the first time I am writing an article based on this topic but as a matter of fact I believe I have to do this.

Few days back I published an article on "Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger" on the famous Nigerian forum "Nairaland" and a question popped up.

At first I wasn't comfortable with the question I was asked, but I tried to answer his question fluently but I believe my answer in the forum wasn't good enough so I decided to put up an article to explain this better.

Note: when I saw hiw question I was happy somehow as my article could drive a question from audience...
Detailed write-up. I love ur blog. Do you accept guest posts?

1 Like

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nlearn: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Nice One... Great Info... Keep It On Bro

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2018
is this blog well design and ready for adsense?
i'm new to blogging
www.2kaybiel.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:58am On Jan 07, 2018
E be like say bloging na d new gold now o
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Mopolchi: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2018
good one. I love this.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by seuncyrus(m): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2018
NtoAkwaIbom:
E be like say bloging na d new gold now o

That's if you know what you're doing. There are many untapped niches in naija blogosphere , but everyone wants to be an entertainment blogger and tell us what Toto dikeh wore today as if we are not allbon Instagram
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2018
ortakida:
Really nice write up.

Using the Google AdWords tool will most likely give you an idea on what topic could increase traffic to your site. I highly recommend it.

Please how can I get the Google AdWords tool?
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by charlisco(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2018

"domain.com/get-blog-traffic.html

Let me add mine from experience, ur keyword shoud be closer ur the title and permalink name structure

The key word in this post is get blog traffic

You can re write it as shown below

Get blog Traffic - 7 Awesome Traffic Generation tips
"domain.com/get-blog-traffic-generation-tip

From Deduction you will be rank first in search engine when compare to the first post title also you can still be rank for the the keyword traffic generation tip

You have two keywords in your title
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by lilreese: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2018
following
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
And in all you do, make sure your keywords are USA, UK and other high ranking traffic country friendly. This is because this is where the money is. If your blog is about autos and one of your title pages is "How to service Danfo buses", you will likely generate traffic mostly from Nigeria. But if you use a title like" How to diagnose and troubleshoot a Volkswagen Minivan Engine", you will have hits from countries like USA, CANADA and the rest...which means more revenue.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by lekanwj(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Thanks
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Cheddahbrand: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
SEO ranking not a day job. Could take several weeks or even months.
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
OK this post is still fresh
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Lazyreporta(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
explosivesedo:

Note: when I saw hiw question I was happy somehow as my article could drive a question from audience.

If we really wanted to learn how to add keywords in a blog post or article for better SEO ranking, I think we better start with learning the SEO itself.

What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?

SEO is considered one of the most important factors that every blogger must put to check if you ever wanted a better ranking in search engines and to increase your websites visibility, sales and revenue.

Several bloggers do not seem to take care of SEO, instead they will search for an SEO friendly theme and start publishing their numerous pointless articles aiming to nowhere.

This eventually leads their websites and blogs to got hit by Google alogrithims such as Google panda and Google penguin.

Only your blog theme doesn't account for higher search engine ranking, there are other factors which you must as well consider for better search engine ranking which is how optimized your website articles are which includes the blog title and as well the blog article body.

If you happen to have a blog of 100+ articles, it is a proven fact that only some articles of your blog will get the search engine preferred treatment (loved by search engines) and the rest other posts will not be loved by search engine.

Have you ever thought of why only a few articles are popular in your blog?

Well that is because with or without prior SEO knowledge, you might have kept a search engine friendly post title for those articles.

This I believe we have already talked about.

The Golden Rule for SEO

"your keyword should be in the post title"

Several writers make the mistake of adding keywords inside post and not taking care of the optimization for better CTR.

Having keywords in your post helps a lot I must say, but when it comes to increasing the posts CTR (click through rate), your overall post title makes the better difference.

Let's look at an example here;

. Make your blog SEO friendly (average title)

. The only guide you need to make your blog SEO friendly (title that will get you more CTR)

As stated earlier, SEO friendly title are important for better search engine rankings, it is also a must that your article have to look attractive, otherwise.................. I presume you could fix the last words?

Well if you do not know what will happen then allow me to tell you;

"no one will click on your content and no one will go in to read your article"

Having said this, let me now educate you on how to write post with better SEO ranking and increase your organic CTR and also your overall traffic.

The example title I used here is "How to get more blog traffic"

Following this article, I will make this topic more SEO friendly.

Let's Look at The Steps to Write SEO Friendly Title

I wouldn't mind repeating myself again;

. If you're new to SEO, then your keyword should be a part of your post title.

. Always write your post title after completing the post/article.

STEP 1: Analyzing the keyword of the article

Perfectly analysing the keyword of the article is the first step to making your post title SEO friendly. Several keyword analyser tools are out there such as google keyword analyser tool, Semrush, ahrefs. But I will explain how my articles are analyzed using google keyword analyzer tool.

I will write an article namely "how to get more blog traffic"

I first open google adword keyword tool

I check competitions on my main keyword

I check number of searches of my main keyword

After searching I found out that there are more searches related to the keyword "generate blog traffic" and there is low competition.

Now I have found the main keyword that I have to insert in my title which is "generate blog traffic".

I could recommend you try Semrush or Ahrefs if you are among those that love long tail keywords based on your seed word.

STEP 2: use the main target keywords to your title

Now that I have found the keyword, that I should insert it into my post title. First I said that I am going to keep my title as "how to get more blog traffic" after I inserted the main keyword in the Post's title and after I had made some changes in the title I made it as "traffic generation tips to boost your blog traffic".

The title I made now is search engine friendly and attractive too. This kind of attractive titles makes the people eager to open up your article and read it.

As it stands now, we could assure you that 80% of the job is over. How about the remaining 20%? Let's move to step 3.

STEP 3: adding numbers, the finishing touch

Congrats as you arrived here. Now it is the time to add finishing touch to the article's title. The next 20% is adding some numbers or prefix-suffix, to your title to further improve CTR. I have written seven ways for getting more blog traffic in that article. As I have written seven tips for increasing blog's traffic, I should mention "7" in the post title so I made it as;

Kudos to you. You have made a 100% search engine friendly title for your post and that too attractive too.

Wrap up

It doesn't matter what number of the title you use, but make sure your permalink is clean. So instead of having a permalink like;

"domain.com/7-awesome-traffic-generation-tips-to-get-blog-traffic.html"

It is better you have;

"domain.com/get-blog-traffic.html".

Hope we solved your issue on how to write search engine optimized articles or posts using search engine optimized titles?

If yes drop your comments.

http://blogincomes.com.ng/optimize-blog-post-title-better-seo-ranking-detailed-guide/

Whatsapp me bro 07030407370
Let's talk biz
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by iamleumas: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Thanks so much for the info OP.

Meanwhile,

Are you looking for someone who can help you design/redesign a blog at an affordable price? Kindly call/whatsapp 07064272729
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by explosivesedo: 8:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Luiz1:
Detailed write-up. I love ur blog. Do you accept guest posts?

Yeah write and submit to kennethkabsedo@gmail.com
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 08, 2018
explosivesedo:

Yeah write and submit to kennethkabsedo@gmail.com
Thanks. I'll do that. I appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by Alasiritife(m): 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nlearn:
Nice One... Great Info... Keep It On Bro
Re: How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) by JessicaBaker: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2020
Hello everyone. I would like to know your opinion about SEO and understand if it works at all. My brother created a blog and he tries to promote it in every way and increase traffic, but so far he is not making any progress in this. To be honest, I do not understand at all how help him. I was thinking about SEO promotion, but I know absolutely nothing about SEO and web marketing in general. I recently read some interesting articles on Marketing Tech, and to be honest, it completely changed my attitude and I got a couple of ideas, but I would like to know from you how important SEO promotion is and whether these comprehensive measures helped any of you?

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 / 6 SEO Trends You Need To Be Aware Of / How To Get 200+ Free Twitter Followers Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.