Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,945 members, 7,922,335 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically (1247 Views)

OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria / North Sustained Nigeria Economically Before Oil Was Discovered - Ango Abdullahi / Which Cities Are Nigeria's Most Important Economically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by dblock(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2007
Nigeria and Bangladesh are the only countries in the world with very corrupt governments aswell as a population figure in the hundred millions

Philippines has  corruption; But it's population isn't in the hundred millions.
Haiti has corruption, but it's population is small

Myanmar, Iraq, Guinea, Sudan, Congo DR, Uzbekistan, Equatorial Guinea,  Côte d´Ivoire,  Cambodia, Belarus and Chad are all countries with corrupt governments but again their poupulation are nowhere as high as that of Nigeria and Bangladesh.

Bangladesh and Nigeria have around the same amount of money made from resources but they are both plaqued with corrupt governments and if that wasn't enough their population figures lie within the 130-150 million mark.
If either of these countries had corruption but had a smaller population they would be richer in terms of standard of living and GDP.

China has a bigger population but no corruption
India has a bigger population but no corruption
America has a bigger population but no corruption and it has more resources
Brazil has a bigger Population but no corruption
Indonesia has a bigger population, but corruption is minimal
Pakistan has a bigger population and a bit of corruption but the governent invested in education

Nigeria and Bangladesh are unlucky too have both factors, but all hope isn't lost.
There is still hope for the world's 6.6692576310 Billion people.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by donnymikky(m): 10:42am On Mar 01, 2007
China has a bigger population but no corruption

There is little corruption in China but i'll say China kind of corruption is people friendly.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by dblock(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2007
Yeah everyplace has corruption, but i meant virtually no corruption I guess undecided

But what would I know about the Chinese Government
I really think Nigeria is disadvantaged, because it has so many negative factors
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by azorjiu(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2007
India has a bigger population but no corruption

i can contest the above statement in a law court.

if anything india is a little bit more corrupt that nigeria.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by Seun(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2007
That's correct. (One friend of mine is an Indian)
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by dblock(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2007
But I can counter it, with the fact that India invested well in Electrcity, Water, Business and most importantly Education
Any country that has a good educational system, should not be classed in the same lines as other corrupt countries wink
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by azorjiu(m): 11:54am On Mar 02, 2007
dbock

So if nigeria government meets your above criteria then it ceases to be corrupt?

India and ghana both scored 3.3 in the transparency international perception index rating for 2006. Nigeria scored a meagre 2.2. In principle, nigeria is more corrupt than india but the rating is faulty as far as i'm concerned. It is based on perception and not reality.(http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html)

And why didn't you say that "Ghana has small population but no corruption" after all we theorize there is constant electricity, water and quality education in ghana.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by dblock(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2007
No, If a corrupt country meets my criteria, they are still corrupt but just not as the other countries with a corrupt government wink

Ghana has corruption, but nowhere as bad as Nigeria's and the nation is moving in the right path I believe
I also believe that Nigeria is moving in the right path, but I'm speaking on current situations wink
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by toshmann(m): 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2007
azorjiu:

dbock

So if nigeria government meets your above criteria then it ceases to be corrupt?

India and ghana both scored 3.3 in the transparency international perception index rating for 2006. Nigeria scored a meagre 2.2. In principle, nigeria is more corrupt than india but the rating is faulty as far as i'm concerned. It is based on perception and not reality.(http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html)

yea i agree with you that the perception index rating was faulty. i expect nigeria's rating to be about 0.02 and not 2.2
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by dblock(m): 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2007
0.02 is too harsh now sad
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by betantee(m): 11:47am On Mar 03, 2007
Corruption get levels.The magnitude and dimension of corruption in Naija is very very frigtening.I wonder what it would ve been like without Oil
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by Seun(m): 11:56am On Mar 03, 2007
The solution is to take our resources out of the hands of government and into the efficiency-driven private sector.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by Love44(f): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2007
When i read about all this corruption in Nigeria i get so mad and frustrated. God are we really punished? if we are not punished then how come we don't want our own country to be develop and good. All we ever think about is stealing every kobo from this useless place call Nigeria. God when will Nigeria be corrupt free.
Re: Nigeria And Bangladesh Are Unlucky Economically by betantee(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2007
haba!why u  dey paraniod for naija like that.Corruption don enter our marrow so e go hard small before we fit reduce am.see as politicians and dishonorables dey fight for public office by force.No forget say once your selected ,de resource of the state or treasury na ur own, u fit do whatever ,give whoever u like contract to join de owa be party.No shaking n nothing go happen

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu As The New Inspector General Of Police, What Do You Think? / Nigerian,jailed In Uk For Fraud, Forgery. / Men Of Honor/integrity And Men Of Dishonor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.