Stats: 3,181,445 members, 7,914,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Revolution Is Nigh. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Revolution Is Nigh. (833 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. / Its Time For The Revolution: (2) (3) (4)

The Revolution Is Nigh. by nex(m): 1:29am On Apr 09, 2010
All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to
refuse allegiance to, and to resist, the government, when its
tyranny or its inefficiency are great and unendurable.

-Henry David Thoreau

My people, I will speak against what is wrong. I will shout against a man corrupt.

If a government's tyranny or inefficiency becomes GREAT and UNENDURABLE, then a people must react. It is their right, nay their duty, to revolt.

In as much as I talk of a revolution, I do not endorse violence YET. Simple civil disobedience which I personally envisage as walking to work everyday as slowly as humanly possible, impeding traffic and production. On the streets of all major cities, we will be walking at 1 km/h.
Putting the whole country and entire economy at a "go-slow".

I'm tired of it all. I will cease to pay taxes to a central government that employs clowns into portfolios they don't belong. A change has to come and if not within the next year, then never in the next hundred.
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Apr 09, 2010
Cease to pay taxes? You sure that will help? undecided
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Beaf: 2:00am On Apr 09, 2010
nex:

All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to
refuse allegiance to, and to resist, the government, when its
tyranny or its inefficiency are great and unendurable.

-Henry David Thoreau

My people, I will speak against what is wrong. I will shout against a man corrupt.

If a government's tyranny or inefficiency becomes GREAT and UNENDURABLE, then a people must react. It is their right, nay their duty, to revolt.

In as much as I talk of a revolution, I do not endorse violence YET. Simple civil disobedience which I personally envisage as walking to work everyday as slowly as humanly possible, impeding traffic and production. On the streets of all major cities, we will be walking at 1 km/h.
Putting the whole country and entire economy at a "go-slow".

I'm tired of it all. I will cease to pay taxes to a central government that employs clowns into portfolios they don't belong. A change has to come and if not within the next year, then never in the next hundred.

When your mates were up in arms against Yar'Aduas commandeered government, you were in full support of the cabal. Now that things are settling down, you want call for revolution and you want to stop paying your taxes. Where were you when you were needed?

How are we even sure you have ever paid a tax. Enemies of progress. angry
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Ibime(m): 2:13am On Apr 09, 2010
Nigeria has already had a full-scale revolution in 1967.

We continue to have revolution in Niger-Delta.

I dont know how my brother Nex just wake up dey declare revolution. Abi na one man revolution be dis? grin
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Apr 09, 2010
The Cabal wanted to Yar adua to retain power for as long as he wants to.

Horaay!!!  the infamous OJUJU-CALABAR aka "The Cabal" that wanted Yar adua to remain in office has been taken care of.

Oh, wait a minute! How come Yar adua is still in Office,? Are we sure we eliminated "The Cabal"? How then do we claim we have won when Nothing has changed. All we have is a new face representing but same old agenda, same of band of executives with some new blood mixed in and same old 7 point agenda. Oga go slow is still in charge and there is, according to his deputy STILL no plans to impeach him??    grin grin
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 09, 2010
On the streets of all major cities, we will be walking at 1 km/h

In a country where an unknown number of drivers got their driving license through the back door?

ie they're behind the wheel but dont know how to drive?
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Beaf: 3:02am On Apr 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The Cabal wanted to Yar adua to retain power for as long as he wants to.

Horaay!!!  the infamous OJUJU-CALABAR aka "The Cabal" that wanted Yar adua to remain in office has been taken care of.

Oh, wait a minute! How come Yar adua is still in Office,? Are we sure we eliminated "The Cabal"? How then do we claim we have won when Nothing has changed. All we have is a new face representing but same old agenda, same of band of executives with some new blood mixed in and same old 7 point agenda. Oga go slow is still in charge and there is, according to his deputy STILL no plans to impeach him??    grin grin

Is this meant to be a reply to me? It is rather cowardly.

I am the only person that mentioned cabal on this page prior to you, so why not quote me and make it obvious who you are talking to?
Which kain timid sniping be dat? cool
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by nex(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2010
@kobojunkie
¤
to continue paying taxes is to continue funding a government for our own oppression. And allowing easy access for others who want to work and provide revenue for the government is doing the same thing.
¤
¤
People want to treat this Jonathan led government as a different entity when they are one and the same. Look at Jonathan's cabinet. The best product there is Odein Ajumogobia, deputy Yar'Adua bootlicker. Aodoakka came out, Anenih went in. Lukman went out, Yar'Adua came in. Dora is still there.
¤
'
@Beaf
'
when my mates were engaged in ARMED VIOLENT struggle against the government, I was calling for non-violent protest.
'
If I was ever needed, it was not in an armed struggle. I will have to put at twist to the words of Marriane Williamson and tell you that my deepest fear is not of violence, but that I am violent beyond measure. It is not my weakness but my strength that frightens me. I don't know if I walk that road, whether I'll be able to stop.
'
'
You honestly believe things are settling down? Anenih, Yar'Adua, Alao are now Ministers and you believe things are beginning to pan out? Adetokunbo Kayode who messed up the entire University calendar for last session is now the man who will lead us in war in case we're attacked by Saudi Arabia or Libya and now is the time you're beginning to feel relaxed? If I don't pay taxes, you think I'd be alarmed at the way funds are about to be looted by Jonathan and his new "come and chop" Cabinet? I don't see the progress you and your family are enjoying. If there's no progress in this country, I wonder how you can accuse me of being an enemy to it. It is the head of your family that is a friend of regression.

@Ibime

you call tribal wars revolutions? When the revolution begins, people would have been so enlightened and free minded they most will give up their kinsmen, their family members and their sponsors. Children will condemn parents and employees will reject employers.

I'm only informing so that when it begins, people won't be lost as to what to do.

@tpia

you can be sure that an inexperienced driver moving at less than 1km/h due to slow pedestrian traffic cannot cause a fatal accident. Or you think otherwise?
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by marvix(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2010
Nex mayb we start d revolution by convenin a conference of nairalanders in Nigeria who are interested, u can host us I will be there 2 support nd contribute my quota, we cld begin d proces of givin birth 2 Nigeria's Martin Luther King
Re: The Revolution Is Nigh. by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Nex, do you mean a private revolution? Not certain what your ceasing to pay taxes will accomplish in the revolution. I understand what you are saying and honestly hope people will upon their eyes up to the reality of the situation in Nigeria today.

Prostitute Drags Man To Court For Refusing To Pay / Hot News From Kogi State Via MD, USA / Ghananian President Blasts Their Customs. Can Gej Be This Bold?