Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,942 members, 7,946,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? (852 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 08, 2018
Old Testament suggests that God himself is the ONLY Saviour

Please no mental gymnastics and theological rigmarole allowed, answer the question DIRECTLY and HONESTLY

"I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior " - Isaiah 43:11

No other Saviour? So how come Jesus is also a Savior?

"For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;.." - Isaiah 43:3

Note here, Saviour in the singular not plural, so only God is the Saviour

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me " - Isaiah 44:6

The only Redeemer and ONE GOD, and there is none besides HIM, so where does Jesus fit here. How can God be a redeemer and send another redeemer?

"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior;- There is none except Me - Isaiah 45:21

Again God here is the ONLY Saviour and there is no other, so how does Jesus fit into the scheme of things?

“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior” - I Timothy 2:3

To the ONLY wise God our Savior, be the glory and majesty, and dominion and power, both now and forever, Amen.” - Jude 25
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 08, 2018
New Testament suggests that Jesus himself is the ONLY Saviour

"...for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" - Luke 2:11

But why? God had been forgiving and saving millennia before Christ?

"From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus " - Acts 13:23

What type of Saviour? Perhaps, someone God sent specifically to delivery the Israelites as opposed to universal Salvation? Quite confusing.

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;." - Philippians 3:20

"We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world " - 1 John 4:14
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by MrPresident1: 1:01am On Jan 08, 2018
Jesus is God, frosbel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:
Jesus is God, frosbel.

Wrong, Jesus was a MAN anointed by God!

"This man was handed over to you by God's deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross " - Acts 2:23

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:"- Numbers 23:19
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by MrPresident1: 1:03am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:

Wrong, Jesus was a MAN anointed by God!

"This man was handed over to you by God's deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross " - Acts 2:23

Yes, God the SON.
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

Yes, God the SON.

God spoke in the singular from the many verses I quoted, he spoke as ONE PERSON and NOT three PERSONS. In Judaism, there is only ONE GOD and the Jews reject Christianity because of the Trinity among other reasons.

Jesus himself said ;

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one " - Mark 12:29

Note the emphasis on OUR God, Jesus included himself in the OUR - quite evident he was only a man.
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 08, 2018
Bottom line is we cannot have two Saviours, it is either God or Jesus and since Jesus is a MAN how can he save?

It takes a GOD to save!
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 08, 2018
1. Furthermore, God has been forgiving Sin since time immemorial, so why is it that Christians say that we need JESUS for the forgiveness of our sins?

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." - Isaiah 43:25

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.- Isaiah 1:18

2. God promised resurrection even before Jesus arrived on the scene and he said he will do it HIMSELF

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:- Job 19:25-26

Redeemer here referring to God himself

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead"- Isaiah 26:19

The men will live by the decree of GOD himself

"Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.- Ezekiel 37:12

God himself will open the graves not Jesus

3. It is God himself COMING

"See, the Lord is coming with fire,
and his chariots are like a whirlwind;
he will bring down his anger with fury,
and his rebuke with flames of fire.
For with fire and with his sword
the Lord will execute judgment on all people,
and many will be those slain by the Lord." - Isaiah 66 : 15-16

"Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour " - Psalm 50:3
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 08, 2018
Food for thought
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by MrPresident1: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:
Food for thought

Anthropomorphism.

Jesus Christ is the visible representation of the invisible God.
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Goodness4525: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
That is y I said Christianity is a confused religion as a result of ignorance of the acclaimed practitioners ,,Jesus though in human form simply mean or represent the word of God ,,,,,and the word became flesh and dwell among men,,,,,,the word which is use to create the word

Don't just call urself s Christian without the deep knowledge of what u ar into
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by JesusPeople: 11:16am On Jan 10, 2018
Goodness4525:
That is y I said Christianity is a confused religion as a result of ignorance of the acclaimed practitioners ,,Jesus though in human form simply mean or represent the word of God ,,,,,and the word became flesh and dwell among men,,,,,,the word which is use to create the word

Don't just call urself s Christian without the deep knowledge of what u ar into

Great is the mystery, ride on ma
Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
lolz I heard a foolish and ignorant statement that "God had been saving before Christ".

oh ought not to be surprised since it's coming from ignorant FROSBEL...

who foolishly thinks men are justified by their own righteousness..

Re: Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
frosbel2:

Bottom line is we cannot have two Saviours, it is either God or Jesus and since Jesus is a MAN how can he save?

It takes a GOD to save!

Let me help you out. Here some pertinent questions and answers for you to ponder on as to the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ:

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after MeI, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour," (Isaiah 43:10,11).

Is God the Saviour of the world?

If you study this verse I quoted above objectively, you will discover the following:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.

This leads to another question:

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

I do not think that anyone who has read the New Testament would dispute this.  Even your favourite version of the Bible refers to Jesus as the Saviour: "and of the Saviour of us, Christ Jesus" --Titus 2:13.

Therefore, since:

The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and

Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),

Jesus must, therefore, be the one true God.

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11.  Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Does Titus 2:13 teach that Jesus is God our Saviour?

In Titus 2:13 it states the following:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus who is our great God and Saviour. QED. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Children Beat Their Own Mother After A Pastor Declare Her A Witch / RCCG Sunday School Manual April 15th : Topic - Conflict Management In The Family / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.