Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,453 members, 7,937,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt (20572 Views)

Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel, Has Been Totally Transformed (Photos) / 7 Ways To Get Out Of Debt In 2021 / How I Came Out Of Debt To Building A Six Figure Business In 5 Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Opinionated: 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Being in debt sucks and can be extremely stressful, however with determination and discipline, there are some simple and effective ways to get out of it. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 totally simple ways to get out of debt.

Determine the Amount of Debt You Have

Rather than ‘bury your head in the sand’, look at the reality of the situation, go through account statements etc. and be sure of how much you owe. If your total debt seems high, just remember that from the day you make up your mind and start paying off your debts, it really can only go down from there.

Decide on What to Pay Off First

You need to ‘strategically attack’ your debt and to do this you must first prioritize the pay off of your debts. This prioritization should be based on the time frame you have and the interest rates (if any). If there are interest rates, then it’s best to pay off the debts with the highest interest rates first. Prioritizing the pay off your debts will make it easier to come up with an effective plan to get out of debt.

Get Rid of Temptations

You definitely don’t want to be incurring more debts when trying to pay off present ones. Consequently, you should do whatever you need to do to ensure that you discipline yourself enough to resist falling into the ‘debt temptation’ again. If you have to get rid of all your credit cards and stop using them all together, then you should. If you have to ask friends to turn down your request to borrow money from them, then do it. Basically, whatever you need to do to resist the temptation to borrow should done promptly.

Consider Your Hidden Income

Hidden income more or less has to do with cutting the costs of everyday bills and items (you probably never thought you could save money on), where and when you can. Saving money on these everyday bills and items can easily help to free up more cash towards paying off your debts. Challenge yourself to do this and see just how much you can put together for your next debt payment. It always best to ‘wipe out your debts’ so you can have your financial freedom.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-totally-simple-ways-get-debt/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by binsanni(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
true talk Op

4 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Talk2Bella(f): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
grin
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by MrHistorian: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
I entered 2018 with a 3k debt.

Who else is with me? grin

7 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Donald3d(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Leave girls alone

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by rayblings(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

I did business with a guy in South Africa, sent him about a million Naira and he failed to deliver and now I owe people who committed money to the business, so you are saying with this info I can pay my debts? Nigga no, this doesn't work in Nigeria.

Kindly take your advice to Lybia.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by wwwtortoise(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
Our irresponsible Government needs this info more than we do.
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Angelou(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
let me go and tell buhari.... that is how he is going to pay the debt Nigeria owes world Bank, and the one GTB owes innoson motors
nobody should tell me that I'm talking off point, I woke up with headache today

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by ajoyeleke(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Pls any online business I can start with 60k and profit 1k daily?
Am tired of looking for job
I just finished nysc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by chuks34(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
E no good better for Twinkas, na dem put me for dept till today

3 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by designVATExcel: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Yes, also read about the Snowball debt management system . It focuses on clearing smaller debts first. Or better still get a Snowball Spreadsheet that enables you track all your debt and clear the least first..

This hardly applies in Nigeria though, as to secure a loan sef from the bank you must be "rich" to some degree.
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by layinde(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2018
i enter 2018 with 30k debt still thinking how to pay ....

2 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by coputa(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
The only sure way to live without DEBT is to live below your income.If you can muster the self will baring all odds,then a leader will emerge.
If Mr.A earns 7,000 and saves 1,500 and Mr.B wh. earns 70,000 saves 1,000,Mr.A who saves 1500 earns more that Mr.B because,it's what you save that will make you financially independent and not what you spend on frivolities.
The key is
1) live below your income
2)draw a financial plan
3)stop impulse buying
4)be prudent
5)give to the needy

13 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by tecnolad(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
ajoyeleke:
I just finished nysc

If you don't have a laptop, buy one. After that, find me on instagram @coo_lanre. I'll give you some tips that'll change your financial status. Mind you, I won't be teaching you up scam or get rich quick.

I'll teach you freelancing, and you will only have to pay for your monthly data subscription.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by rayopt(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
layinde:

exactly the same wif moi buh am less bothered. . .i go fire up!!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
Okay. smiley

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by ayanbaba2(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good! debt is like a cancer...

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by ekenetobi: 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
tecnolad:

If you don't have a laptop, buy one. After that, find me on instagram @coo_lanre. I'll give you some tips that'll change your financial status. Mind you, I won't be teaching you up scam or get rich quick.

I'll teach you freelancing, and you will only have to pay for your monthly data subscription.
tecnolad:

tecnolad:

tecnolad:

Mr @coo_lanre e be like say me self go dey interested ooo but na your full name you for drop cos Instagram been give me 3 names of which I no sabi ya own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by SeunOluwafemi: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
layinde:

your own better!
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Millz404(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
I entered with 2M debt.... Lol... I go still run go start life ova for addis ababa grin

No shaking sha... Na small tin
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Richardabbey(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
ajoyeleke:
I just finished nysc
Go Dey Fry Akara Sell
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Donald3d:
Leave girls alone
Correct Answer! Not d grammar op is blowing. Girls are the major causes of indebtedness. Dem are cash sucking demons.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by liquidsnake: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
quentin06:

Correct Answer! Not d grammar op is blowing.
Girls are the major causes of indebtedness. Dem are cash sucking demons.

He be like say those "cash sucking demons" don suck you dry.

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by ajoyeleke(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Richardabbey:
Go Dey Fry Akara Sell

Really!! I guess frying ur brain will be more lucrative
Nkpi!

1 Like

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by churchee: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
When I have no job how am I supposed to find any of these useful?

op shift abeg.

Someone should help me explain forex trading and how it works biko. as well as cryptocurrency.
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by churchee: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
ajoyeleke:
I just finished nysc

When you get one, let me know too.
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by seancombs617: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
I entered 2018 wit 110k debt courtesy of bet9ja.wetin dat tin go cause ehn...hmm

2 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by rawtouch: 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
hmmm, I hope kemi is reading this and taking notes..

how do we stop the government from putting us in more debt..
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by albacete(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
Make more money, spend less, save less, invest more.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by placeofallure(f): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
coputa:
The only sure way to live without DEBT is to live below your income.If you can muster the self will baring all odds,then a leader will emerge.
If Mr.A earns 7,000 and saves 1,500 and Mr.B wh. earns 70,000 saves 1,000,Mr.A who saves 1500 earns more that Mr.B because,it's what you save that will make you financially independent and not what you spend on frivolities.
The key is
2)draw a financial plan
3)stop impulse buying
4)be prudent
5)give to the needy

Hmmmn impulse buying my nemesis o. I just love shopping I don't ever get tired. Workday o, weekend I no mind. I don't know how to stop. I don't owe any debts but at least I can save and do tangible things.
Re: 4 Totally Simple Ways To Get Out Of Debt by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
coputa:
The key is
2)draw a financial plan
3)stop impulse buying
4)be prudent
5)give to the needy
Your comment nailed it for me!
*thumbs up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad / Akin Alabi Calls Out Jumia For Listing His Book For Sale Without His Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.