Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,247 members, 7,884,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Is Moving To Lagos Wise? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Moving To Lagos Wise? (682 Views)

Conductor Used As BONNET HOLDER On A Moving Bus In Lagos State. VIDEO / Elephant Knocked Down By A Moving Train (Photos) / Man Carries Sponge And Soap To Lagos Beach To Swim (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by mastereditor(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello, Nairalanders, I need your help.
I have been a guest on here for quite some time.
I am in my mid-20s, and an introvert with very little friends (most of whom are online friends) and currently stay in an isolated Nigerian state where the chances of networking are reasonably low.
I hate that I feel lonely most times since I have no friends to hang out with here, I am now considering moving to Lagos.
Is this a wise decision?
I have always loved being by myself and chose a career path that allowed me to work from home. A job that is not location dependent, meaning I can live anywhere with stable electricity. I also earn roughly 200k each month, so I think I am financially capable of living in Lagos - let me know if I am wrong.
I love my comfort zone, but I feel that I may need to get out there and meet people, possibly, start a romantic relationship.
Do you think I am perfectly set up to live in a city like Lagos? The traffic doesn't bother me since I have no where to rush to.

I look forward to your combined inputs.

Thanks
Re: Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
moving to Lagos is NOT gonna change who you are as a person... it is only gonna change where you live. if you cant make friends where you live presently, then it will be exactly the same (x3) in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by mastereditor(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
moving to Lagos is NOT gonna change who you are as a person... it is only gonna change where you live. if you cant make friends where you live presently, then it will be exactly the same (x3) in Lagos
Thanks for your input, MrBrownJay1. However, don't you feel the chances of socializing in a place like Lagos is high when compared with a non-hip suburb? I mean, I could decide to take a hike here for miles without coming across a fun spot. Could the same be said for somewhere like Lagos?
Mostly, I would also like to meet new people who could drag me out of my comfort zone. I feel considering the teeming youth population in Lagos, the chances of that are high. Is it not?
Re: Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
mastereditor:

Thanks for your input, MrBrownJay1. However, don't you feel the chances of socializing in a place like Lagos is high when compared with a non-hip suburb? I mean, I could decide to take a hike here for miles without coming across a fun spot. Could the same be said for somewhere like Lagos?
Mostly, I would also like to meet new people who could drag me out of my comfort zone. I feel considering the teeming youth population in Lagos, the chances of that are high. Is it not?

again, its all down to who you are as a person, as you could enter 1000 fun places in Lagos, and still not click with anyone else there.

the reality is that, if you are indeed a fun person at heart, then whether you are in Lagos or the middle of the desert, you would still easily make friends, regardless of the location... thus you environment is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by kingsley3218(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hehehehe....My oga, show first,the others go take care of itself! One step at a time, but I promise u,u won't regret it....only ish u might have is power since that's a critical part
Re: Is Moving To Lagos Wise? by mastereditor(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
kingsley3218:
Hehehehe....My oga, show first,the others go take care of itself! One step at a time, but I promise u,u won't regret it....only ish u might have is power since that's a critical part

Lol. All right! Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Bill Cosby Found Guilty Of Sexual Assault / Big Hailstones That Fell In Jos Today (pics) / WHY You Should Keep Doing What You Know Even If It Is Not Yielding Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.