Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,085 members, 7,880,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

Gus Celebrity Showdown: ‘noregret For My Eviction’, Saysfunke - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gus Celebrity Showdown: ‘noregret For My Eviction’, Saysfunke (651 Views)

"Eviction Day": Nkem Owoh Grabs New Wedded 'Wife' From The Back On Set (Pics) / Beverly Osu Has Never Been Nominated For Eviction / BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gus Celebrity Showdown: ‘noregret For My Eviction’, Saysfunke by mailtimi(m): 3:50am On Apr 10, 2010
Funke Akindele has become the first casualty in the on-going Gulder Ultimate
Search Celebrity Showdown. Her eviction was announced by Genevieve
Nnaji, the task master and anchor of the show, after she was disqualified
earlier on for failing the task for the day.
She mistakenly placed her left foot down on the platform at the river bank, against the
task master’s directive that it should be raised up. Funke said that though her eviction
was painful, especially as her fans were expecting her to go far in the reality show, it
was fun being part of the show.
Before the task master announced who it was to leave the camp, there was a deafening
silence that pervaded the atmosphere. Everyone among the celebrities could hear the
heavy thumping chest of the other.
With gazes not trained at anyone in particular, Genevieve announced, "Funke Akindele,
for being disqualified after failing your task, you have been evicted. You will,
immediately get your axe and smash your calabash, pack your luggage and vacate this
camp."
Commenting on her eviction, Funke said: "I felt really bad being evicted at this stage
because of my fans that had great expectations and wanted Jenifa (her staged name) to
win. But on the other hand, I feel good I am retiring to the comfort of my bed; as you
can see, I feel very tired already."
Funke Akindele was born on August 24, 1976 in Ikorodu, Lagos State. In 2009 she won
the African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best Actress in a Leading Role. Akindele
worked in a television station before switching to acting, becoming known for her
starring role in the family-oriented Nigerian television show I Need to Know.
Akindele has OND in Mass Communications from the Ogun State Polytechnic and a law
degree from the University of Lagos.
The question on everybody’s lips now is "who is next?" Probably, the answer to this
question may emerge at the next edition of the reality showdown this Sunday.
The programme, which is in its third week, would be aired for 11 weeks on select
television stations in Nigeria and beyond on both terrestrial and satellite channels. The
Stations include; NTA, AIT, Silverbird Television, Africa Magic and Soundcity.
Re: Gus Celebrity Showdown: ‘noregret For My Eviction’, Saysfunke by 9ja4eva: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2010
lol

(1) (Reply)

Ink Me Up Into The Movie Industry / Nigerian Idol Kicks Off In Enugu / New Movie Trailer; Thor Starring Chris Hemsowrth And Natalie Portman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.