Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,949 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:48 AM

Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? (21129 Views)

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? / Now I Know The Reason Why Men Beat Their Wife At Home / What Do Some Men Gain From Sleeping With Other Men's Wives??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by jeff1607(m): 11:21am On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=sirBLUNT post=64093591][/quote]

I understand

What if she doesn't bother herself about you not being around or eating her food?

And what if the man doesn't have anywhere to go to, just work - family - church
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2018
ReinaFarine:

She has been verbally and probably psychologically abusing him since, he should have filed for a divorce before it progressed to this.

You sha know, it doesn't matter if a man causes you 5 miscarriages from kicks to the stomach at various times, insults your mother by calling her a witch, insults you by calling you a washed up womb even if he married you a virgin... The day he calls his mother to say you slapped him once, you're a disrespectful, abusive, ill-mannered wife, and even your parents will side him to say ah! You shouldn't ever beat your husband... But beating a wife because of grievances is understandable although inexcusable?
Give me a break. If you can't tolerate her manner and attitude and you're ever tempted to hit her, file for a divorce and both of you should go for therapy.
If my man should ever, I repeat ever hit me, he will stay so long in jail he'll forget he was ever human.

If a man should hit my baby sister... For anything less than, I pushed her away because she was hurting me or the kids physically, I will pull out his spine and use it to hand him around his neck over burning coal and that's how we will wait for the cops together... We're both going down for domestic abuse and assault...

I'll like to have a debate on this with you...

In as much as it seems....

Mostly, we don't have to justify nonsense... Not every man will be so heart-stoned to maltreat his wife...irrespective of her behaviour... lots of men I know love and cherished their wives...handle situations and deal accordingly to anger situations whenever it arise...

But most men often lose that anger...not because they want to or because they can't control their emotions...but because their wives often asked for it...and most times you ladies often expect men to be at their right senses...but forgot that most situations get out of control by both parties...

No man is perfect....and no woman is perfect either.... But what drives anger into little home issues could be as a result of many factors...Factors that can only be controlled if the both partners sit over to discuss it out...and before solutions are being put out, mistakes must have been made already! such as the said domestic violent...

You sound aggressive and hurt tempered... and from your post, it seems you can only settle with a man who will be emotionally soft.

My point exactly is that, most men who hit their spouse do so not because they are evil or can't control their emotions and walk away or because they're genetically made to be wife-beater...But because sometimes they find themselves in a situation where they will just lose their anger with high peril.

Same way you've been taking excuse for women...not looking deeply into why a man will rather beat a wife...but rather prefer he walks...

Sometimes, a man will ignore worse situations advances from his wife but will easily let lose with little provocations...I mean very little statement from her.
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by SheIsElle(f): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

grin grin grin
you have nothing to say
Yet you replied and quoted nothing. Guess you were hallucinating.
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2018
SheIsElle:

Yet you replied and quoted nothing. Guess you were hallucinating.

angry angry angry
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by sirBLUNT: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
jeff1607:

I understand

What if she doesn't bother herself about you not being around or eating her food?

And what if the man doesn't have anywhere to go to, just work - family - church

trust me women love attention from men so giving her dead silent treatment will definately hurt her emotionally no matter how she pretend not to care same thing with not eating her food
now everyman ought to know and understand his wife's love language now if he decide to do the opposite she will definately feel hurt emotionally everywoman get mumu button just press it when she mess up that will definately reset her brain!
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by jeff1607(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
sirBLUNT:
trust me women love attention from men so giving her dead silent treatment will definately hurt her emotionally no matter how she pretend not to care same thing with not eating her food
now everyman ought to know and understand his wife's love language now if he decide to do the opposite she will definately feel hurt emotionally everywoman get mumu button just press it when she mess up that will definately reset her brain!

God help us
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by sirBLUNT: 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
jeff1607:

God help us
amen!!! it's not easy..
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by ReinaFarine: 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
yanabasee:

I'll like to have a debate on this with you...

In as much as it seems....

Mostly, we don't have to justify nonsense... Not every man will be so heart-stoned to maltreat his wife...irrespective of her behaviour... lots of men I know love and cherished their wives...handle situations and deal accordingly to anger situations whenever it arise...

But most men often lose that anger...not because they want to or because they can't control their emotions...but because their wives often asked for it...and most times you ladies often expect men to be at their right senses...but forgot that most situations get out of control by both parties...

No man is perfect....and no woman is perfect either.... But what drives anger into little home issues could be as a result of many factors...Factors that can only be controlled if the both partners sit over to discuss it out...and before solutions are being put out, mistakes must have been made already! such as the said domestic violent...

You sound aggressive and hurt tempered... and from your post, it seems you can only settle with a man who will be emotionally soft.

My point exactly is that, most men who hit their spouse do so not because they are evil or can't control their emotions and walk away or because they're genetically made to be wife-beater...But because sometimes they find themselves in a situation where they will just lose their anger with high peril.

Same way you've been taking excuse for women...not looking deeply into why a man will rather beat a wife...but rather prefer he walks...

Sometimes, a man will ignore worse situations advances from his wife but will easily let lose with little provocations...I mean very little statement from her.

Yes I agree... Women can be annoying, nagging, manipulative creatures... They are sometimes mouthy and childish in their taunting ways... And you're tempted to shut them up...
But there is not excuse, I repeat it no excuse for a man to ever beat a woman...
There are million other ways to show displeasure and correct. And if your spouse keeps pushing you to react, I'm sorry, he/she doesn't love you anymore... Getbout of there!!!

As long as you claim to love your woman, I don't see how hitting her is possible. Love means your spouse happiness is your priority (not yours) and except in sexual play, I don't see where hitting her causes her happiness...

@Bolded,

Settle for an emotionally soft man.. I think it takes great strength for a man to control his temper up to the worst form of provocation (which I will do my best not to cause him). It is the weak ones that are cobtrolled by their tempers and emotions.
As hard as it might seem, my dad is about 15 years older than my mom, and my mom is a bit of a talkertive(like me) but my dad has never ever disrespected my mom with words in my presence since they got married over 24 years ago. And i will not call my dad emotionallt soft...
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Yes I agree... Women can be annoying, nagging, manipulative creatures... They are sometimes mouthy and childish in their taunting ways... And you're tempted to shut them up...
But there is not excuse, I repeat it no excuse for a man to ever beat a woman...
There are million other ways to show displeasure and correct. And if your spouse keeps pushing you to react, I'm sorry, he/she doesn't love you anymore... Getbout of there!!!

As long as you claim to love your woman, I don't see how hitting her is possible. Love means your spouse happiness is your priority (not yours) and except in sexual play, I don't see where hitting her causes her happiness...

@Bolded,

Settle for an emotionally soft man.. I think it takes great strength for a man to control his temper up to the worst form of provocation (which I will do my best not to cause him). It is the weak ones that are cobtrolled by their tempers and emotions.
As hard as it might seem, my dad is about 15 years older than my mom, and my mom is a bit of a talkertive(like me) but my dad has never ever disrespected my mom with words in my presence since they got married over 24 years ago. And i will not call my dad emotionallt soft...

I'm very certain that likening your father's maturity on issues like this shouldn't mean that all men would adopt his style of maturity as your mother way of taking differs from other women's way of talking to their husbands...

My point again is that, Men don't just turn their wives into a punching bag just because they can't control their anger... but because most women cause it... Maturity shouldn't be expected from the man's side alone... Lots married men aren't fighters....But tends to become one when married and you'd asked why?... #factors...

These factors comprises of so many things, from easily aggrieved man to lack of love and respect for each other...

I want you to know that, most domestic violence can be tolerated if the wife would respect what the husband dislike...

Like men have been stating it crystal clear that they hate a nagging wife...but women don't just learn from it... lots of this fight start from a single nagging... if there is love for each other...be rest assure that there will be peace all along...

A woman who expect her husband not to raise a finger on her should at least try not to provoke him... That way, both parties will respect each other's feelings...

If she refuses to respect my feelings by consistently nagging, but rather expect me to respect her feelings and find solutions to handling her nagging, then its cheating...
We both should look for solutions to the problem...stop nagging to avoid getting hit when I might have forgotten my emotions somewhere while returning home..

Again, telling a woman that you're sorry should settle nagging...but lots of women don't let go whenever they start the nagging...

I love talkatives...with brains!

1 Like

Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by ReinaFarine: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2018
yanabasee:

I'm very certain that likening your father's maturity on issues like this shouldn't mean that all men would adopt his style of maturity as your mother way of taking differs from other women's way of talking to their husbands...

My point again is that, Men don't just turn their wives into a punching bag just because they can't control their anger... but because most women cause it... Maturity shouldn't be expected from the man's side alone... Lots married men aren't fighters....But tends to become one when married and you'd asked why?... #factors...

These factors comprises of so many things, from easily aggrieved man to lack of love and respect for each other...

I want you to know that, most domestic violence can be tolerated if the wife would respect what the husband dislike...

Like men have been stating it crystal clear that they hate a nagging wife...but women don't just learn from it... lots of this fight start from a single nagging... if there is love for each other...be rest assure that there will be peace all along...

A woman who expect her husband not to raise a finger on her should at least try not to provoke him... That way, both parties will respect each other's feelings...

If she refuses to respect my feelings by consistently nagging, but rather expect me to respect her feelings and find solutions to handling her nagging, then its cheating...
We both should look for solutions to the problem...stop nagging to avoid getting hit when I might have forgotten my emotions somewhere while returning home..

Again, telling a woman that you're sorry should settle nagging...but lots of women don't let go whenever they start the nagging...

I love talkatives...with brains!

True... Everybody is different.... My father is not my man and I'm not my mother...

I agree with you...

But some men don't correct their women during courtship... They just keep.swallowing everything with the ''I'll beat it out of her when we get married'' mentality..
And that doesn't always work...

If you've discovered something in your woman before marriage that you can't tolerate for long...
Sit her down... Then the love is still strong... Tell her how it makes you feel... If she doesn't change during courtship... Forget about it...

I will say it again... ALL WOMEN NAG.
I nag my man... A times about the stupidest shit that even I know it doesn't make sense when I'm saying it ... A times it is just because I need attention, a times it is because I feel he will listen to me if I repeat it over and over and over again.(Which is not true) and a times, it is because I'm so pissed at something he did and I want him to feel what he made me feel by the action I'm complaining about...
But I love him... And even in my blindest rage... I will never think of intentionally hurting him .. So no matter my complains, I will never use hurtful words... I will stop when I see it is breaking him down rather than breaking it down for him.

Once again, we agree on another thing, if the love is there, the respect will be mutual...

I know you have heard of rape cases where the man claims he was provoked into it by the girls dressing... Even if a girl is naked and dancing on a pole, I believe she has the right to refuse sexual advances... And any nan that can't control his urges and acts in them is no better than a dog...

Any man that can't control his temper is no better than an animal... At least to me...

If you can't stand her nag, tell her about it... And suggest counselling, maybe she can talk to you through a therapist in that way, you can understand what she's feeling that she can't put into words...

Any woman that can't forgive after a man has swallowed his humongous pride to spit out 'I'm sorry, I will work on that' is a diva... And she probably wants angry sex... And attention like I said...

And please, gentlemen out there, nothing pisses a lady off more than a man that says, I will work on that and still repeats the same action in a perceived stylish way thinking you're being logical or a good lawyer an other dumbass shit like that... It just makes her feel you don't respect her feelings..

I don't know if you know this, but most men swallow so many things in the office, on the road, from their friends and because the house is no longer as sweet as it used to be, instead of talking to the woman about the messed up shit stressing them out... They beat out the anger on her for something as little as, you served me with mismatched cutlery.

If he can't take out his anger in the gym, he shouldn't take it out in his wife or kids... If you're not having the harmony at home again, see a freaking therapist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2018
ReinaFarine:

True... Everybody is different.... My father is not my man and I'm not my mother...

I agree with you...

But some men don't correct their women during courtship... They just keep.swallowing everything with the ''I'll beat it out of her when we get married'' mentality..
And that doesn't always work...

If you've discovered something in your woman before marriage that you can't tolerate for long...
Sit her down... Then the love is still strong... Tell her how it makes you feel... If she doesn't change during courtship... Forget about it...

I will say it again... ALL WOMEN NAG.
I nag my man... A times about the stupidest shit that even I know it doesn't make sense when I'm saying it ... A times it is just because I need attention, a times it is because I feel he will listen to me if I repeat it over and over and over again.(Which is not true) and a times, it is because I'm so pissed at something he did and I want him to feel what he made me feel by the action I'm complaining about...
But I love him... And even in my blindest rage... I will never think of intentionally hurting him .. So no matter my complains, I will never use hurtful words... I will stop when I see it is breaking him down rather than breaking it down for him.

Once again, we agree on another thing, if the love is there, the respect will be mutual...

I know you have heard of rape cases where the man claims he was provoked into it by the girls dressing... Even if a girl is naked and dancing on a pole, I believe she has the right to refuse sexual advances... And any nan that can't control his urges and acts in them is no better than a dog...

Any man that can't control his temper is no better than an animal... At least to me...

If you can't stand her nag, tell her about it... And suggest counselling, maybe she can talk to you through a therapist in that way, you can understand what she's feeling that she can't put into words...

Any woman that can't forgive after a man has swallowed his humongous pride to spit out 'I'm sorry, I will work on that' is a diva... And she probably wants angry sex... And attention like I said...

And please, gentlemen out there, nothing pisses a lady off more than a man that says, I will work on that and still repeats the same action in a perceived stylish way thinking you're being logical or a good lawyer an other dumbass shit like that... It just makes her feel you don't respect her feelings..

I don't know if you know this, but most men swallow so many things in the office, on the road, from their friends and because the house is no longer as sweet as it used to be, instead of talking to the woman about the messed up shit stressing them out... They beat out the anger on her for something as little as, you served me with mismatched cutlery.

If he can't take out his anger in the gym, he shouldn't take it out in his wife or kids... If you're not having the harmony at home again, see a freaking therapist.

It all boils down to the fact that men aren't to be blame from all what you've stated so far.....

You refused to look directly into the real case of it, that men jus don't like nagging and women knows it and they also know that there are levels of nagging that will warrant a hit from the man but women just nag to get hit and if they are lucky, he would struggle through it most times...

A man swallows every thing from the office, road, friends and at the gym because...when dealing with people who don't know you, there's always a limit to everything out there.

For instance, at the office, my boss might scold me and stop within few minutes. At the road I might just get to avoid getting into a fight by abandoning my change with the conductor...at the gym, I could just move to the next weight lifting machine to avoid insults without uttering a word...

But at home, your wife will nag for hours... you will dress and leave to a bar or call friends to hang with then return late, she will continue...and will be ready to nag till the next morning... Without giving you a rest.

Told one girl sometimes ago that ladies have a million ways to handle issues at home than nagging... like treating him to a good meal.. taking him out, buying him a gift... Doing something that will make him happy then put a sad face..he will read ur expression and will want to ask what the problem is... most times during pre-intimacy...most times when he's sad inside go to him have a cool talk with him...

Relationship isn't just a man thing but both ways! If a man lacks a particular quality that she likes about men, she can pick it up...

Like you've said...LOVE is the key.... when there is love, there will be respect, When there is respect, there would be happy moments!!
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by ReinaFarine: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
yanabasee:

It all boils down to the fact that men aren't to be blame from all what you've stated so far.....

You refused to look directly into the real case of it that men jus don't like nagging and women knows it and they also know that there are levels of nagging that will warrant a hit from the man but women just nag to get hit and if they are lucky, he xuld struggle through it most times...

A man swallows every thing from the office, road, friends and at the gym because...when dealing with people who don't know you, there's always a limit to everything out there. For instance, at the office, my boss my scold me and stop within few minutes. At the road I might just get to avoid getting into a fight by abandoning my change with the conductor...at the gym, I could just move to the next weight lifter to avoid insults without uttering a word... But at home, ur wife will nag for hours... you will dress ad leave to a bar or call friends to hang with then return late, she will continue...and. will be ready to nag till the next morning... Without giving you a rest.

Told one girl sometimes ago that ladies have a million ways to handle issues at home than nagging... like treating him to a good meal.. taking him out, buying him a gift... Doing something that will make him happy then put a sad face..he will read ur expression and will want to ask what the problem is... most times during pre-intimacy...most times when he's sad inside go to him have a cool talk with him...

Relationship isn't just a man thing but both ways! If a man lacks a particular quality that she likes about men, she can pick it up...

Like you've said...LOVE is the key.... when there is love, there will be respect, When there is respect, there would be happy moments!!

Is there any good reason for a woman to slap her man?
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Is there any good reason for a woman to slap her man?

Ofcuz, there is...

I've been slapped by a lady before...and I didn't see it as an inult..... She was serious about something and I was joking about it and I got slapped...then I became serious...

Both ways...we deserve what we seek for...
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by ReinaFarine: 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
yanabasee:

Ofcuz, there is...

I've been slapped by a lady before...and I didn't see it as an inult..... She was serious about something and I was joking about it and I got slapped...then I became serious...

Both ways...we deserve what we seek for...

Your woman?

If she respected you truly, I think there are fifty thousand other ways she could have told you how serious she was with words... Or if she was so pissed,she should have walked away, calmed down and sent you a message on how that made her feel.

Violence is never the answer. I can't hit someone I respect. I expect the same from my partner.
Re: Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? by yanabasee(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Your woman?

If she respected you truly, I think there are fifty thousand other ways she could have told you how serious she was with words... Or if she was so pissed,she should have walked away, calmed down and sent you a message on how that made her feel.

Violence is never the answer. I can't hit someone I respect. I expect the same from my partner.

Not my mother.... My sister's best friend!

She slapped me because I disrespected her by not taking that moment as a serious moment...

Yes, there are thousands to million ways she could've express herself to me... But she couldn't have at the moment start thinking on which one would be perfect to use by reading my mind...But she chose to slap... and I understood with her because I took a serious moment for a joke moment.

Again, violence isn't the way out but something leads to it...and to avoid the said violence one must first avoid anything that will lead to it...

And like you've said, if you respect your man, you won't hit him or insult him...but you can hurt him via unknown means...and that could be contemptuous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. / Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.