Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,398 members, 7,947,674 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Babangida Officially Declares Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Officially Declares Presidential Ambition (553 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Buhari, Tinubu Drop Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babangida Officially Declares Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2010
Finally, former Head of State, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has confirmed that he would contest the 2011 Presidential election.

The declaration came one week after the retired General who had ruled the country for eight years told newsmen in Lagos that he was still consulting with stakeholders on his political future.

But the former despot confirmed his renewed interest in the nation‘s leadership on Saturday in Benin, Edo State while heading for Asaba, Delta State capital to attend the commissioning of the Women Development Centre in honour of his deceased wife, Mariam.

”The speculation is correct,” Babangida told newsmen at the Benin Airport.

He added, ”I am going to Delta State because of the special love I have for it and courtesy of the Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan”.

Also, the Niger State governor, Dr. Babangida Aliu, who was also on his way to Asaba, disclosed that the governors were very much interested in the implementation of the electoral reforms as that would help usher in a new lease of life in the nation‘s electoral system.

Culled from; http://www.jaguda.com/2010/04/11/babangida-officially-declares-presidential-ambition/

Are these people shameless or what

(1) (Reply)

Opposition Threatens Boycott Of Council Polls ! / Pretend The Elction Is Tomorrow / Nigerians Demand Reforms, Fair Elections !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.